• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for answering.

If I succeed in managing a lot of pointers, I will let you know.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Hey guys. Not to be a n00b but is anyone working on the REFF files? Cause I'm assuming this is where the colors for things like bowsers fire are hidden. I have a psa that I'd like to make, and it requires Bowser to have blue fire. IF not, does anyone have an idea of how I could hex these colors?

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, just got here and I heard someone say that there might be a model importer upgrade someday, and I just wondered what it was about.

Fl@me

Smash Cadet
Alright so im trying to edit Falcos lasers and its not in the CLR file thats the blast around falco when he shoots (which i already edited.) now to edit the actual laser color so i need to know how to edit these

If anyone can tell me how to do that ill be very grateful.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Alright so im trying to edit Falcos lasers and its not in the CLR file thats the blast around falco when he shoots (which i already edited.) now to edit the actual laser color so i need to know how to edit these

If anyone can tell me how to do that ill be very grateful.
A = Alpha
R = Red
G = Green
B = Blue

Use photoshop or something to find what RGB values you want, or any other free alternative...

(Just a guess by the way)

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Bero intends making Brawlbox more compatible by improving the brawlib. Fl@me just requested something that can be improved, this is, being able to change some values shown by brawlbox, but not editable by now.

Some things are posible by hex editing, but they would be easier if Brawlbox gets improved.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I can do it but don't expect me so much, please...
I have just finished updating Brawl Custom File Manager, so I will start improving BrawlLib from now.

BobHop

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, I'm new here and not worth an actual introducing post - but I just wanted to express my gratitude to those few skilled coders, who spend so much of their time making tools to let the rest of us hack game files. :p

I've had a lot of fun viewing all models, textures and animations from PS2 games (FF10, KH, FF12) in the past, and it's great to see the same is being done on Wii games too. I'm amazed by the possibilities of tools like BrawlBox and SZS Modifier ! So there, thank you and keep up the good work ! :)

Currently I'm experimenting with models from Monster Hunter Tri and it's a pleasure to be able and watch all monsters from the game up close with all details. (Although it has nothing to do with SSBB to begin with, it's BrawlBox that makes it possible. ^^)

Bero

Smash Journeyman
OK, I have understood Kryal's code.(It isn't so difficult than I thought)
Now, I'm going to make the values editable.

gg132

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has been posted in the wrong place but...

Im am trying to get this stage to work and when i tried last time it froze. Tried opening it with Brawlbox and it said "Unable to recognize input file".

Here is the link
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0jnzajyzmnr

Again im sorry if this not the right place to post it but would really appreciate if someone could get this stage to work

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been posted in the wrong place but...

Im am trying to get this stage to work and when i tried last time it froze. Tried opening it with Brawlbox and it said "Unable to recognize input file".

Here is the link
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0jnzajyzmnr

Again im sorry if this not the right place to post it but would really appreciate if someone could get this stage to work
did you do anything to that file, I opened it with a hex editor and it's all messed up. there are no brres files.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
!
I'm very sorry. I've forgotten it.
Would you tell me how to edit srt0s by hex? It will be very useful to improve BrawlLib.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
it's okay dude
I remember i've done it once and that was along time ago and i'm not sure how i did it but i think alot of people will be happy with importing it for now

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Hello, Bero. Thank you very much for improving Brawlbox a lot. Many things can be done now than how it was before.
I too, have a request for you to fill, this though should not be as difficult as the ones before.

Would you be so kind as to make BB copy and paste only scales in animations?
What I mean is, I am making Zelda more child-like to improve a texture I made. But I found no other way other than animation for size. Though I want Zelda's animations to stay and only have scaling different. So I would like to copy a scale of one bone and paste to the same bone of another move without messing up the animation. Please, if you do not understand mii, pm mii.
Thanks!
-Wii hacker, Power.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
So Bero is making B better? Awesome!

So what exactly can we edit now that we couldn't before, and where to download Bero's version?

Also, srt0 editing would be great, I could get the lights on my stage to move up without having to use level reverse codes

Bero

Smash Journeyman
@Power Marshall
It seems easy. I'll do it later.

@Akuma2120
1. Export All for chr0 node.
2. Arrow keys' inputs now reflect state immediately on animation edit panel.
3. scn0 light node editing.
I'm trying to import srt0 now.
Would you tell me how to edit srt0 by hex editing if you know?

Kryal's code isn't too hard to mod because he has done many things. And I have only used and recombined them.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Bero, I just received a better request. Though, if you have already started, then you may continue.

To be able to copy and paste the X, Y, Z scale of all bones in an animation into another move. That would save mii a bundle of time in changing the size of zelda or any character via animation. Thank you again.
Arigato.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Better yet, why not have a tab in settings that says "Animation Copying Config" or something.
When you open it, it should have 3 check boxes that determines what gets copied over when you copy a frame or replace an animation.
They should say
"Translation"
"Rotation"
"Scale"
This would save a lot of time in porting animations.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Bero i ran into a problem with one of the libs not being able to open info.pac it just opened a bunch of gibberish about lights and random lights

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Better yet, why not have a tab in settings that says "Animation Copying Config" or something.
When you open it, it should have 3 check boxes that determines what gets copied over when you copy a frame or replace an animation.
They should say
"Translation"
"Rotation"
"Scale"
This would save a lot of time in porting animations.
could not have thought of anything better.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
@Power Marshall
It seems easy. I'll do it later.

@Akuma2120
1. Export All for chr0 node.
2. Arrow keys' inputs now reflect state immediately on animation edit panel.
3. scn0 light node editing.
I'm trying to import srt0 now.
Would you tell me how to edit srt0 by hex editing if you know?

Kryal's code isn't too hard to mod because he has done many things. And I have only used and recombined them.
Thanks for the info, I'm very sorry but I have no idea how to hex, I'll probably take up learning it soon though

Kryal basically stopped with the development.
I feel like Brawl hacking is in it's dying stages, all the gods of hacking are leaving, PW is gone for good and Kyral too? Along with Pharrox and other people who quit a long time ago, no one's left that could push the limits of hacking any further AFAIK

Model importing and a clone engine will not happen, we have to deal with this now, but this makes me want to at least try to do something myself, of course I'll have to start learning from the very basics, but maybe when life isn't so **** busy for me(voluntary college summer classes + work = little free time)

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I feel like Brawl hacking is in it's dying stages, all the gods of hacking are leaving, PW is gone for good and Kyral too? Along with Pharrox and other people who quit a long time ago, no one's left that could push the limits of hacking any further AFAIK

Model importing and a clone engine will not happen, we have to deal with this now, but this makes me want to at least try to do something myself, of course I'll have to start learning from the very basics, but maybe when life isn't so **** busy for me(voluntary college summer classes + work = little free time)
I'm sure everybody feels that way about brawl right now however the people still aboard the hacking scene try making things as fun as possible

I too wanna try helping out however i'm going to have to learn alot things if i really want to help out like learn C++ and automate some process and make it faster and easier

But i do want to thank Bero for helping out and making brawlbox even better that what it is though

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry about Brawl hacking so much.
There may be a limit of cheat codes, but I think there are many possibilities of BrawlBox/BrawlLib. They will continue to be modded for a long time. I have just started learning them and I don't know about them so much. But I'm sure that I can improve them if people in this community help me.

@Mr.Chuy
Please learn about C# and let's work on BrawlBox/BrawlLib together !

Top Bottom