• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

Swift Fox Smash!

Smash Apprentice
I'm working on Sector Z stage and it turned out very well! I ripped some lights under SceneData.brres off from other stage but I need to find out how to re-adjust lights and light colors by hex, anyone knows?

And also how to create animation something in the background (such as clouds flying clockwise)?

psykotyko

Smash Rookie
I have an easy question (I think lol) : I just began with all this and want to ask how do you make those 2D stages please ? Do you make a drawing in PS4 or in Paint or any other program and save it as .png and after ? Thanks.

kirbys246

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I have a few questions:

1) Where is Ness's Yo-yo stored?
2) Is there any way to animate it and use it in more moves?
3) When previewing him in BB, his yo yo seems to be attached to his throw-N bone. What do I do to make it appear in an animation, how do I give it active hitboxes?
1)Its in the props along with PK-fire and stuff.
2)Yes im pretty sure. Just move the throw-N bone :).
3)Look up his Up-Smash or Down-Smash in PSA and go to other. just copy all of it and paste it.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Is it possible to add a random picture that you might have found on google images or a camera and put it on the background of a custom stage or regular stage? If it is, how?

Another question, can you make platforms on a custom stage invisible?

One more question! Where is the file with the custom stage textures? Can you make it so only one custom stage has a certain texture and the others have the same default texture?
wow that's alot of questions for for your questions:
1.yes but it has to have the same image size like 512x640 and such
2.i'm not sure
3.check the mediafire archive for the original stage pac
4.nope at least i don't think it is

fireking220

Smash Rookie
I have yet another problem with Deoxys :laugh: I got some updated animations from roo but now when he starts his dash animation instead of leading into his run it leads into his fastwalk. I think I solve this by editing the psa pac file but I'm not sure what to put in there :confused:. Help plz

mcmunola

Smash Rookie
A pretty noob question but its really pissing me off and i dont know how to fix it
After getting annoyed with opening my and pcs files through brawlbox itself instead of opening them just by clicking them, i decided set so that it would open with brawlbox. A big mistake, because it renamed every pcs file something else, and changed the actual file type. I tried simply opening it with brawl box and extracting it again but it still remains a brawlbox file rather than a pcs file. How do I get rid of this incredibly stupid and annoying "feature" where it remembers the file type so i can make .pcs files again(it killed my sd card as well lol) BTW im on a mobile so im not going to be very grammarish

EDIT: In short, all the files no longer have the .pcs after them and they are now brawlbox files instead of pcs files.
Another edit: After some more messing around and I found out how to fix it. I went to start>control panel>folder options>found .pcs and then hit advanced then new. It still wouldn`t work after that because you have to choose always display file type or something like that.

Swift Fox Smash!

Smash Apprentice
A pretty noob question but its really pissing me off and i dont know how to fix it
After getting annoyed with opening my and pcs files through brawlbox itself instead of opening them just by clicking them, i decided set so that it would open with brawlbox. A big mistake, because it renamed every pcs file something else, and changed the actual file type. I tried simply opening it with brawl box and extracting it again but it still remains a brawlbox file rather than a pcs file. How do I get rid of this incredibly stupid and annoying "feature" where it remembers the file type so i can make .pcs files again(it killed my sd card as well lol) BTW im on a mobile so im not going to be very grammarish

EDIT: In short, all the files no longer have the .pcs after them and they are now brawlbox files instead of pcs files.
Another edit: After some more messing around and I found out how to fix it. I went to start>control panel>folder options>found .pcs and then hit advanced then new. It still wouldn`t work after that because you have to choose always display file type or something like that.
Well, as far as I know, there are some programs (.exe) behaved same way as what you said about brawlbox, so you have to run brawlbox first and then browse for .pac or .pcs in brawlbox...

edit: And another thing, to undo default program, run command prompt (need admin right?) and say
Code:
assoc.pac=.pac
or
Code:
assoc.pcs=.pcs
edit2: or it can be like
Code:
assoc.pac=.LULZ
too!

/Answered.

edit3: Now some of my previous questions are solved. I have one more question left... How can I animate something in the baclground?

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
There Any way for me to put the American Snake DownB Sound Effect ["NOW!"] and the Sonic Side Taunt Sound Effect ["YOU'RE TOO SLOW"] into the japanese brawl bsrar file with Brawlbox?

I the only files I can find are in snd/group/chara/snake and snd/group/chara/sonic

both files are Raw data files with the G icon <<

I'm pretty stuck atm.

[having a sd stuck in your disc drive sucks...]

Brawler1207

Smash Rookie
Hi the guide works for me but now when I play as Sonic, Fox, or Snake all of their eyes are closed, and Peach is msissing her dress please help me.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to remove Nana and just have Popo when I select the Ice Climbers, without extra codes?

Iconic

Smash Rookie
If for instance I want to make links sword a ... CANDYCANE! I suppose I would have to model edit.

Is it difficult? How can I do it?

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
My BrawlBox Freezes everytime I try to preview a model. I got the most updated .NET
My card supports OpenGL 1.4 and it still friggin freezes. Am I trying to preview the wrong
file maybe? haaaalp D:

Oh the file I try to preview is

effkirbyattack100 its a MDLO file and it's in the
fitkirby.pac file

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
I've got a question and I'd be glad if someone could help me. How do I make things I edited on brawl box (for example character texture editing) work on my wii?

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Ignore my first post I managed to fix that issue by updating my graphics driver.
My next problem is that the .pac files dont seem to be working properly with brawl box.
For example, if I open up fit Link the ARC named Fit Link has "Misc Data [0]" in it instead
of the MDLO and alll that good editing stuff.

There is another ARC in the file called Ef_link but it doesnt have the MDLO I want to edit.
Is there a way to change that Misc data?

Swift Fox Smash!

Smash Apprentice
I've got a question and I'd be glad if someone could help me. How do I make things I edited on brawl box (for example character texture editing) work on my wii?
.PAC/.PCS > Arc > TextureData[0] > Textures(NW4R)

In there, you have to use export/replace function.

Or import texture by right-click on TextureData[0] and then select Import > Texture, it must be renamed to match existing model's texture data (ModelData[0] > 3DModels(NW4R) > [model name] > Textures)

edit2: if you don't know where to put your modified .PAC/.PCS in your SD card, hen SD > private > Wii > APP > RSBE > pf > fighter > [fighter name]

.PAC/.PCS stages go to ... >pf > Stage > Melee

You must run Gecko OS with "file patch" code enabled

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
.PAC/.PCS > Arc > TextureData[0] > Textures(NW4R)

In there, you have to use export/replace function.

Or import texture by right-click on TextureData[0] and then select Import > Texture, it must be renamed to match existing model's texture data (ModelData[0] > 3DModels(NW4R) > [model name] > Textures)

edit2: if you don't know where to put your modified .PAC/.PCS in your SD card, hen SD > private > Wii > APP > RSBE > pf > fighter > [fighter name]

.PAC/.PCS stages go to ... >pf > Stage > Melee

You must run Gecko OS with "file patch" code enabled
I've already have the files u told me to make and I also renamed it back to the name it had before I edited it. I named it FitToonLink.pac. Is the name of the folder correct?

Iconic

Smash Rookie
I've already have the files u told me to make and I also renamed it back to the name it had before I edited it. I named it FitToonLink.pac. Is the name of the folder correct?
Once you replace the textures you save it as a ".pcs" then replace that in the folder for toonlink.

Swift Fox Smash!

Smash Apprentice
No, it's FitToonLink##.pac

## can be ranged from 00 to 06, 00 is the default one

You can pack up to 7 TL texture hacks (03 is unavailable? If so, then 6) in Toon Link folder

It can be either .pcs or .pac since .pcs is like compressed .pac (Brawl can still read .pcs too)

ToolShock

Smash Rookie
For some reason BrawlBox won't let me save my files anymore.

This error shows up when saving ANY file. I can save it as a different file but not as the original. This error started to appear after the program crashed when trying to export a BRRES file. I've tried several versions of BrawlBox (0.63d,0.63c,0.59) and it still won't save the original file.

Any solutions?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
For some reason BrawlBox won't let me save my files anymore.

This error shows up when saving ANY file. I can save it as a different file but not as the original. This error showed up after the program crashed when trying to export a BRRES file. I've tried several versions of BrawlBox (0.63d,0.63c,0.59) and it still won't save the original file.

Any solutions?
Right Click the program, go to properties, then go the Compatibility and Click on "Run this Program as an Administrator" and then run the program and see if it still does that.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
hey, I'm trying to make bowser have a kick animation, it looks perfectly on Brawlbox, but ingame, the only thing wrong is... the kick with the hitbox :( might anyone know how to fix this?

the animation brawlbox just looks more perfect than anything, ingame it looks more smoth ofcourse but, the kick with the hitbox is like at a lower angle, the kick swing is like at 180 in Brawlbox, but ingame the kick just looks near 260-270 tbh

plz help me out :(

**I thought it could be a psa thingy but at the same time, why would it be if the only changes I made were remove the GFX/SFX and change the Main, I left the Other tab on psa alone**

plz someone help me... or my moveset will just look akward :(

EDIT*

omg... psa is so weird :S

in the:

[Main]
[GFX]
[SFX]
[Other] <---- the problem was here ^^ now the animation is more smooth, just better than in brawlbox :)

EDIT2*

correct me if I'm wrong, but if psa was moving bowser legs, does this means that it just moved the bones themself?

cause this mean we could even moveswap over psa (exept for the filesize limit)

Video Game Guy

Smash Rookie
Whenever I edit anything in the mu_menumain_en.pac. it doesn't work.

I tried to make the FD selection icon a picture of Giygas, as someone made Giygas Destination.

I also tried to edit the buttons for selecting Normal, Melee and Custom Stages.

I put the file in a folder called "menu2" in the pf folder of my SD Card.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
remove the "_en" from the file name so it's "mu_menumain.pac".

if it doesn't work in sd:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2/, try it in sd:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/

Video Game Guy

Smash Rookie
It works, but only for the My Music thing. How can I get it working for when you actually choose a stage to Brawl on?

Roller

Smash Legend
So I was told that in order to get my character portraits working with a custom CSS I had to do it in brawlbox, which files do I switch around?

Also, how do you even view the css in brawlbox?

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I have a question.
I replaced kirby's model with metaknight's model.
I managed to fix animation, but whenever he was grabbed , his model glitched.

How can I fix it?

theUndead_feature

Smash Cadet
I had my own thread started but it got caught with under newer posts. I was wondering how one goes about replacing the "GO!" that appears before each vs. match. I have the file ready to go, same file size and width everything. How do I use brawl box to get it to work?

mcmunola

Smash Rookie
Should I defrag my sd card? I've noticed a lot of freezing lately and i never used to have this problem, and when I checked out my sd card it was fragmented.Also, what file system should it be? Fat, Fat32, something else or does it matter?

Top Bottom