• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Could someone help me really quick? I am attempting to make a warrior Zelda. I have made a texture and I know how to create animations, and Mr. Weegee was kind enough to help me get a sword for Zelda, but for some reason the sword has a wonky texture problem. Could someone help me fix this? here are the files.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xo2ztkgulxi
That's because you didn't give it a texture.

Fix'd. I hope you're removing her magic attacks too, since this replaces some of those textures.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/2/2170666/FitZeldawsword.pac

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When you are in BrawlBox right click the TEX0 file you want to export and export it, and when it gets to the screen where it wants you to save, under where you type in the file name there is a drop down box where you can select a file type, click on any of them except All Image Types or tex0. I recommend you choose PNG, because it has great quality and is a smaller file size.
Some textures have semi-transparent parts that can't be seen at all, unless you save the textures as TarGA (.tga) images, and then view the images in Photoshop CS3 or CS4.

Of course, this only applies to textures in RGB5A3 and RGBA8 format. Also, CI8 format textures with RGB5A3 palettes may also have semi-transparent areas.

For all other texture parts, you can save them as PNG images without having to worry about the transparency dilemma.

P.S.: A texture is semi-transparent when it's 1%-99% visible. Also, CMPR format textures only accept 1 transparent color.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Where are the trophies located in the Brawl files? I couldn't find the models anywhere on the disc.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Where are the trophies located in the Brawl files? I couldn't find the models anywhere on the disc.
All trophy files are stored inside the folder, fig, which is inside the toy folder. Basically, the trophy textures would be stored in the directory below.

[SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\toy\fig\

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
All trophy files are stored inside the folder, fig, which is inside the toy folder. Basically, the trophy textures would be stored in the directory below.

[SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\toy\fig\
I swear I looked there, must have ignored it because they were bbres files, or something. :psycho:

Thanks! :chuckle:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Related to my last question: Where are the backgrounds or whatever where you can lay out trophies and take pictures of them? Like these presents:

humble

Smash Ace
Thanks a ton Razanak- Yeah, I'll be changing the moveset as well. I'll PM you with it when I finish. ;P

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know where Ness's PK fire and PK flash are stored? Ya know like the model or texture or graphic effect. I want to swap his PK fire for something else.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Either in FitNess.pac or FitNessMotionEtc.pac.
I've looked in all his files. I still can't find anything that looks like his PK Fire. I don't see the little lightning bolt he shoots, and I don't see the big fire effect. I'm guessing it's a graphic effect in his PSA. I'll check there next. I've also found that I can only find a texture for his PK Flash and no model. Can anybody else help me with this?

Isaac!

Smash Rookie
Hey, this is my first project, and I need a little help. I'm trying to give mario a falcon punch; here's what I've done so far.
I took captain falcons motion.pac and re-named it to fit mario.
I took all the models and textures from captian falcons punch and added it to marios.pac

Once you start the match, mario is all tall and odd looking, so the move swap at least worked. But when I try and falcon punch, mario starts the animation then freezes (the game that is)
Do I need to replace certain files in marios pac, and if so, what? I tried exporting one of the things with a question mark on it and it always comes up as an error. Can some one help me?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Hey, this is my first project, and I need a little help. I'm trying to give mario a falcon punch; here's what I've done so far.
I took captain falcons motion.pac and re-named it to fit mario.
I took all the models and textures from captian falcons punch and added it to marios.pac

Once you start the match, mario is all tall and odd looking, so the move swap at least worked. But when I try and falcon punch, mario starts the animation then freezes (the game that is)
Do I need to replace certain files in marios pac, and if so, what? I tried exporting one of the things with a question mark on it and it always comes up as an error. Can some one help me?
A lot of the time Specials use character specific bones, and so cannot be swapped to another character without lots of adjustments being made.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Thanks a ton Razanak- Yeah, I'll be changing the moveset as well. I'll PM you with it when I finish. ;P
Good, I was hoping someone would make something like that. Now I don't have to do it! :laugh:

Coincidentally, I was going to do something similar with Peach when I'm done with all the crap I'm doing now.

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
I'm attempting to fix this stage, because it freezes at a certain point everytime. So far, I've found that the original .pac has 2 files in its scene data, while the one he replaced it with for lighting has only one. So, how do I add a second one?

Here's a pic:

The one on the left has lighting replaced.

SAkai

Smash Cadet
Hi I have a question

EDIT: Custom Background Texture is now possible for CSS

I have found the way to change the background texture of the CSS
It was too easy
-Extract "MenSelchrCchar4_TopN" (sc_selcharacter.pac/MiscData30/3D Model)
-Remplace "MenSelchrBg_TopN" by the new "MenSelchrCchar4_TopN" : You will have a picture of Mario in the CSS Background
-Change the texture of "MenSelchrFaceB.001" (sc_selcharacter.pac/MiscData30/Texture) you can change the size,but only power of 2 from 128x160 (too big picture freeze the game)
-In the "MenSelchrBg_TopN" model,in animations,choose " "MenSelchrBg_TopN" ,select the first bone "MenSelchrCchar4_TopN" and edit the scale X and Y to make the picture bigger,try to find the good size if you want your picture to take all the background,change the Translatin Z values in a neegative number to make it more realistic

I don't understand how to do the last one.
It freeze when i go the CSS, and i put a good Pictures NP for this.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I'm attempting to fix this stage, because it freezes at a certain point everytime. So far, I've found that the original .pac has 2 files in its scene data, while the one he replaced it with for lighting has only one. So, how do I add a second one?

Here's a pic:
Leave the scene data as it is for now you can't export/replace lighting just yet

Hi I have a question

EDIT: Custom Background Texture is now possible for CSS

I have found the way to change the background texture of the CSS
It was too easy
-Extract "MenSelchrCchar4_TopN" (sc_selcharacter.pac/MiscData30/3D Model)
-Remplace "MenSelchrBg_TopN" by the new "MenSelchrCchar4_TopN" : You will have a picture of Mario in the CSS Background
-Change the texture of "MenSelchrFaceB.001" (sc_selcharacter.pac/MiscData30/Texture) you can change the size,but only power of 2 from 128x160 (too big picture freeze the game)
-In the "MenSelchrBg_TopN" model,in animations,choose " "MenSelchrBg_TopN" ,select the first bone "MenSelchrCchar4_TopN" and edit the scale X and Y to make the picture bigger,try to find the good size if you want your picture to take all the background,change the Translatin Z values in a neegative number to make it more realistic

I don't understand how to do the last one.
It freeze when i go the CSS, and i put a good Pictures NP for this.
Make sure it's a power of 2 in size

Hey does anybody know how to export a .clr0 file without a error? i don't feel like color animating 9600 frames again DX

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
I was using BrawlBox to edit the CSPs, and MAY have messed with the palette info. Somehow, this makes it freeze! What are the default settings and how can I reset them?

To add some more info, I just extracted Mario's normal CSP as a PNG and replaced it with itself in a fresh sc_selcharacter.pac. Turned on the game with new sc_selcharacter.pac in the menu2 folder, and FREEEEEEEEZE.

The last time I edited my file, which was on the 2nd, it was working fine. But now it's not, and it may have to do with some settings I edited. Sadly, I'll never know because even getting new copies of BrawlBox is not working. Help?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I was using BrawlBox to edit the CSPs, and MAY have messed with the palette info. Somehow, this makes it freeze! What are the default settings and how can I reset them?

To add some more info, I just extracted Mario's normal CSP as a PNG and replaced it with itself in a fresh sc_selcharacter.pac. Turned on the game with new sc_selcharacter.pac in the menu2 folder, and FREEEEEEEEZE.

The last time I edited my file, which was on the 2nd, it was working fine. But now it's not, and it may have to do with some settings I edited. Sadly, I'll never know because even getting new copies of BrawlBox is not working. Help?
See if the compression is on the sc_character that might fix it

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I think he means to check the compression settings for the file. It should be L7z or something along those lines.

And when you replaced Mario with himself, the file got smaller?

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
I think he means to check the compression settings for the file. It should be L7z or something along those lines.

For Charbusttex thing, it says no compression, that is on a fresh file. And yeah, but not my much smaller. Also, I have tried save and save as.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'll try to look at the file later. I'm hoping the problem is not what I think it is...

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Wll, if you haven't already, export the entire charbusttex into a fresh selchar file. If that fails, try exporting the brres for each char into a fresh one. If you didn't edit the pallete itself then I don't think it will be a problem at all.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm not too keen in Photoshop (don't own it) so I replaced the "Normal stages" with "Starter/Counterpick stages" and "Melee stages" with "Banned stages", however it has noticeable white edges that I can't make transparent with Paint, would there be a specific color (RGB) to make the edges so, while they wouldn't look transparent, the edges would look rounded and transparent?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Uh...I can't really help you with Paint, but try GIMP. It's a free download, and all you have to do once you download it is open the file, go to Layer, Transparency, and add alpha channel. Then click on the Magic Wand tool(it appears next to the lasso in the tool box), click on the white edge, and just delete them. Then save and it should work fine.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

See if the compression is on the sc_character that might fix it
What do you mean by that? If you mean how the filesize changes, it's just been getting smaller and smaller.

For Charbusttex thing, it says no compression, that is on a fresh file. And yeah, but not my much smaller. Also, I have tried save and save as.
I'll try to look at the file later. I'm hoping the problem is not what I think it is...
Don't bother, the file has been deleted since before you read the message.
Try to keep the information below in mind, if you decide to try the CSPs again.

1: The file, sc_selcharacter.pac, has to be compressed.

2: The archive, char_bust_tex_lz77, is not compressed. However, the BRRES archives inside that PAC archive DO need to be compressed.

3: If the compression status reads LZ77, the archive is compressed.

4: Don't worry if the file size of the file gets smaller. That's what happens when files are compressed.

SAkai

Smash Cadet
Thx for the answer ^^

Can i change the wifi sentences with Bbox ?

Example :
COnnect to Nintendo WFC.
Change it into
COnnect to Sakurai's World.

It this possible ?
Thx

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Yep very possible. Look it up under sc_selcharacter2 or sc_selmap not sure which one!

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Try to keep the information below in mind, if you decide to try the CSPs again.

1: The file, sc_selcharacter.pac, has to be compressed.

2: The archive, char_bust_tex_lz77, is not compressed. However, the BRRES archives inside that PAC archive DO need to be compressed.

3: If the compression status reads LZ77, the archive is compressed.

4: Don't worry if the file size of the file gets smaller. That's what happens when files are compressed.
Compression isn't really the problem, though. Not with those, at least. More the problem is I think I messed with something in actually replacing the CSPs. First time I did this, I pressed "Recommended" which screwed me over, but I was at least able to fix my mistake because I knew which format it wanted (C18 rather than that other thing.) But I may have pressed pallete by mistake, which I tried to fix...and now replacing CSPs with Brawlbox causes freezing, no matter which one and how many.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Do fresh selchar. files freeze even when unedited? You may want to try the common5.pac again.

Top Bottom