• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
So assuming it doesn't cause the universe to collapse in on itself onto a single point of matter which would then be the whole of existence, what would you have to do to make Mr. Game and Watch appear in 3D in-game?

NoahTehFox

Smash Rookie
I got a problem with Yoshi (somewhat) crashing my game. I changed the grab pummel (albeit, not that much, just the effect to None, and the Sound Effect to none) and now every time I shield, the game comes up with:

"Invalid read from 0xffffffff, PC= 0x801398b0"

Also, when I press "Ok" on the error, the game can continue, but I can't control Yoshi anymore until someone hits him. He does his first idle animation and freezes when it's about to loop.

How is that affecting his shielding? I don't get it.

Dan Soup

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to view animations in the advanced model editor so that they include other objects and sprites? E.G. Snakes Down-B including the detonator and Zard's Side-B having the flames.

CloudAngealZack

Smash Cadet
How to I remove Ike's sword lighting up when I throw out an attack. Not the light trails, but the blade itself.

nvm, I figured it out

Last edited:

GodBarrierDjinn

Smash Cadet
How do I lengthen sword trails in BrawlBox or project smash attack? nvm I finally found it. individual psa subaction edit of sword glows and correcting any changed offsets. Man that was a hard one

Last edited:

bommer1234

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm pretty newb at using brawlbox. Running on wineskin and wine. (Mac) Anyways, when i left or right click on a MDLO (or whatever the abbreviation is), BrawlBox crashes. Any helps??

NotWorkingLol

Smash Rookie
How do I remove stage hazards without Super Smash Bros Brawl crashing?

Wait, I just realized no questions have been answered since 2015. Goes to show how good help is hard to find.

Last edited:

RNG_Lemon

Smash Rookie
NNID
2coolfor3d
3DS FC
2896-2983-8305
Switch FC
SW-3323-9300-9923
is it possible to change the how to play video?

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

RNG_Lemon

Smash Rookie
NNID
2coolfor3d
3DS FC
2896-2983-8305
Switch FC
SW-3323-9300-9923
thanks for that
Edit: i dont think this method will work for me. im trying to edit the "how to play" video on Brawl-. so can i still do it?

Last edited:

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
thanks for that
Edit: i dont think this method will work for me. im trying to edit the "how to play" video on Brawl-. so can i still do it?
Like I said I don't know much about it. Your best bet is to ask someone that might have the brawl files laying around for the how to play video or, to extract a brawl iso with wii backup fusion.

RNG_Lemon

Smash Rookie
NNID
2coolfor3d
3DS FC
2896-2983-8305
Switch FC
SW-3323-9300-9923
Like I said I don't know much about it. Your best bet is to ask someone that might have the brawl files laying around for the how to play video or, to extract a brawl iso with wii backup fusion.
well im just messing with Super Smash Bros Infinate and trying to change some stuff since i do that when ever i get a new smash bros mod

RadicalRadish

Smash Rookie
Hey!
It'd be great if someone could help me out with this:
I created a custom model for Zelda by editing vertices and importing parts of other costumes in Brawl Crate.
Now, when I try to select the costume on the css it freezes.

My guesses what's causing the freeze:
-Inexperienced/Sloppy Work - This is the first time I tried this, so it can very well just be me not doing a proper job

-Wrong Method - Not using anything besides BrawlCrate like 3dmax or blender (I don't know if the whole "taking pieces from here and there than stitching them together" is even a viable thing that works)

-Overstepping Limits/Boundaries - Like filesize, vertice count or other limits you shouldn't overstep

So my questions are:
-Is there some way to fix this?

-Are there any good guides on doing this right from ground up when I do this the next time so this can't happen again?

-Can you even create a working costume without 3dmax/blender, by only using brawl crate the way I did?

It would be great if someone could help me out here as I spent some time on the model and I'd love to see it in-game.
If it somehow helps I can also provide the model, screenshots...whatever helps solving the problem.
Thanks for your time.

Fat_Cat

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am having trouble changing a model to brawlbox
(my process: I open the model that I want to change in blender, I delete all the bones and I open the original model, I delete everything that is not the model's bones and I move the bones to enter the new model, I paste and export, when trying to change in brawlbox I get this message "cannot continue importing this model there was a problem creating a vertex from the geometry entry
(My model)
Make sure that all the vertices are weighted property ") any help?
(Translated into Google Translate)

The24thGanondorf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1418-7666-1581
I'm just looking to see if someone can help guide me as to how I make a certain animation I'm working on in BrawlBox for my character mod move properly. The mod is for Rundas from Metroid Prime 3 for the Wii and I placed and rigged his model over Captain Falcon. The problem I'm having is getting his feet to stay in place while the rest of the model moves. This is supposed to be his main idle animation. This is something I see is common with most high-quality mods, where the feet stay in place while the rest of the body moves. I really don't have enough experience on how to do that. Here is the video I'm using as a reference to make the animation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6bRog204J0 And if you need the .PAC file I have for Rundas over Captain Falcon, let me know and I will send it to you. Any help is appreciated! BTW, the part of the video that demonstrates what I'm trying to do is at "2:56."

NinTOONdo

Smash Rookie
Premium
Can't believe this thread doesn't have any active contributors! Oh well, might as well go ahead and ask right away anyway: Does anyone know if a Gecko Code for World Wrap Y exists? I know that Phantom Wings has found World Wrap X a very long time ago, but I want to know how to activate World Wrap Y in Brawl through codes, since I want to have fun experimenting how characters, items, and/or projectiles can protectively stay on-stage without dying nor vanishing through the blast-lines. Any help would be very much appreciated, even though I highly doubt that anyone with enough helpful information is reading this reply.

Top Bottom