• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
There's a couple things I want to do in my Project M setup, but I'm not sure how.

• I want to customize my Classic Mode order. A very old thread in 2010 says it's possible, but I'm not sure how to do it.
  • You know the easter egg that allows Giga Bowser and SoPo to be chosen by holding R while choosing their base character? I want to know how to set that up with other characters (such as Wario-Man) or, if possible, transformations (such as Metal Mario).

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
Is there a way to export the animations along with the model for use in other programs (blender, 3DS Max, etc.)?

Blueblue105

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to get into modding lately. I've been trying to replace mario's hat with super saiyan hair as a way to start. However, when i import the hair and place on mario's head, which is clearly visible and intact, i load up Project M and the polygons stretch across the screen. Is there something I'm missing here?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Anyone know what file series symbols are stored in?
Those are stored in RSBE01.gct, going by Project M. So you may want to try that file.

EDIT: I'm currently having a problem myself, actually; I'm trying to replace Pit's announcer call with one for Ridley (since I'm using Bagan's PSA), but the file I got is a .wav. Is there any way I could convert the .wav and use it to replace Pit's announcer call without loosing the ones for Mewtwo and Roy?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Anyone know what file series symbols are stored in?
Those are stored in RSBE01.gct, going by Project M. So you may want to try that file.
Not quite; RSBE01.gct is the Ocarina codeset.

Series icons are stored in various files, depending on what screen uses them:

/system/common5.pac > sc_selcharacter_en > MiscData[30] > Textures(NW4R) > MenSelchrMark.XX (the character select screen)
/system/common5.pac > sc_selmap_en > MiscData[80] > Textures(NW4R) > MenSelchrMark.XX (the stages' series icons)
/menu2/mu_menumain.pac > MiscData[0] > Textures(NW4R) > MenSelchrMark.XX (stage series icons in places like My Music)
/info2/info.pac (and the various other info.pac files, for each mode) > MiscData[30] > Textures(NW4R) > MenSelchrMark.XX (behind the character portraits in battle)
/stage/melee/STGRESULT.pac > 2 > MiscData[110] > 3DModels(NW4R) > InfResultMarkXX_TopN (the results screen; note that these are actually 3D models, and you'll need a model editor like 3DS Max to edit these)

notjustinbailey

Smash Rookie
NNID
joeyjoey396
3DS FC
2621-2625-7230
Hey! Does anyone know how to change the colors of the player tags above players and CPUs? I mean the P1, P2, P3, P4, and CPU tags. I know how to change their textures but I can't find how to change the colors. Thank you!

PaguPeesh

Smash Rookie
NNID
fanofoddness
3DS FC
1032-2521-5538
Hey! Does anyone know how to change the colors of the player tags above players and CPUs? I mean the P1, P2, P3, P4, and CPU tags. I know how to change their textures but I can't find how to change the colors. Thank you!
I don't know much about them, but their colors are hexed in I think, so you just change the color values, not a "texture".
That's as far as my knowledge reaches.

notjustinbailey

Smash Rookie
NNID
joeyjoey396
3DS FC
2621-2625-7230
I don't know much about them, but their colors are hexed in I think, so you just change the color values, not a "texture".
That's as far as my knowledge reaches.
Do you know if it would just be in Palettes in the info.pac? Or is it possible that it's in AnmTexPat etc?

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, when I try to access battlefield in "My Music" the game crashes with a loud buzz.
I can fight on the stage, oddly, and the music all seems fine through brawlsongeditor
any idea what could cause this?

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
If I want to place a sawnd file to replace Ness' sound effects and Marth's voice what should the filenames for those two sawnd files be in Project M's sfx folder?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
If I want to place a sawnd file to replace Ness' sound effects and Marth's voice what should the filenames for those two sawnd files be in Project M's sfx folder?
I'm not sure if you can replace those, sadly. The BRSTM Factory thread (which lists every replacable audio file in the game) doesn't list them, so you may be out of luck in that regard.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Anyone know how to display eyes normally for squirtle in brawl box? I can make his irises appear and such but there's a void where the whites of his eyes would be instead of a texture and you can see through it

Last edited:

PaguPeesh

Smash Rookie
NNID
fanofoddness
3DS FC
1032-2521-5538
Anyone know how to display eyes normally for squirtle in brawl box? I can make his irises appear and such but there's a void where the whites of his eyes would be instead of a texture and you can see through it
Delete the eye polys with a model editor such as Blender.

LumaMeat

Smash Rookie
I need help with one small thing. I know how to swap out certain sounds using the brsar file and what not - However, I can't seem to find the loop for the starman once picked up by a player in Brawl Box.

Is there any way that my brsar can be incomplete, or is there no possible way to change it? I've checked the item folder under 'snd' / 'common'. I even checked the 'seq' folder under 'snd' and still nothing.

All I get from the item folder is two sound files, and the seq folder has no sounds.

Can someone possibly help?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Does anybody know how to properly compress .pcs files? Because when I try to replace a skin in BrawlBox, the game crashes when I try to go to the SSS; presumably due to the replacement .pcs being too large in size.

EDIT: Solved, nevermind this. :p

Last edited:

K-Sand

Smash Rookie
I actually feel kind of bad posting this concern (so to speak) with ^ questions pending.
But uh, hopefully nobody's too sour about this.

I've got a slight issue. Hopefully some skilled technicians can help a brotha out.

So I've been trying to create a stage after the likeness of Vulture Culture from DKC for Super Nintendo.

Yeah, this place.

I've been using assets from the actual game, and have been doing my modeling, and exporting in Maya.
(Before everyone panics, yes I have been converting my models into .dae files and not .obj)
And so this is where I hit my problem.
I'm using Brawlbox to the best of my limited ability and I run into this problem:
My sky dome has no texture. Just a big white blob.
I was somehow able to get the stage to use a texture so I'm kind of confused.
To be honest I'm thinking it might be that I started out with a NURBS sphere and then rebuilt the geometry in polygons and from there exported the mesh.
Here's what the sky-dome should look like.

Also, getting some holes in my stage. I know the polygons and textures are both there, so is that just something in Brawlbox? I don't want to test the stage until I know what I'm doing.

The stage is over Final Destination if that helps at all.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
BrawlBox doesn't want to open sc_sel_event.pac, and it's giving me the message "Unable to recognize input file" whenever I do try to open the file. I've tried the original Project M file as well as my modified version, and both give the same message. And only sc_sel_event does this, mu_menumain and sc_title are fine to open. And I'm using 0.63d, so it's not an updating issue. All the file associations are checked, as well.

I might need some help here. :p

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
actually, it may well be, since the current version is 0.75d, and your version is very out of date.
..well, that would explain it, wouldn't it? :p I'll try with 0.75d and if it doesn't work still, I'll report back here.

EDIT: Yeah, that's exactly what it was. The file opened first try on 0.75d.

Last edited:

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet
Whenever I try to view a model within BrawlBox 0.75b, I get an error message saying this:
The specified window isn't an OpenGL window.
Then there's a Details tab, which, when clicked, reads this (warning, LOT of text):
************** Exception Text **************
OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: The specified window isn't an OpenGL window
at OpenTK.Platform.SDL2.Sdl2GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo win, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.SDL2.Sdl2Factory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.TKContext..ctor(Control window)
at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLPanel.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
Assembly Version: 0.75.5538.20444
Win32 Version: 0.75.1.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BrawlBox/BrawlBox.exe
BrawlLib
Assembly Version: 0.22.5538.20353
Win32 Version: 0.22.1.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BrawlBox/BrawlLib.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Octokit
Assembly Version: 0.6.1.0
Win32 Version: 0.6.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BrawlBox/Octokit.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
OpenTK
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.1664.6217
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BrawlBox/OpenTK.DLL
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Net.Http
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Net.Http/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Net.Http.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Design
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
Any solutions?

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
How would I go about replacing one character with another pre-existing one. Let's say make Mario into a second Luigi. How would using project M full set homebrew affect this process?

D

Deleted member 269706

Hey I know that this is like the stupidest question ever, but how does one go about creating a BRSTM file? I ask because I know that it's been a thing for a while now, but I want to know the easiest/most accurate/most up to date way to go about creating one of these files. If someone could just link me to the most recommended tutorial(s), that would be awesome.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
How would I go about replacing one character with another pre-existing one. Let's say make Mario into a second Luigi. How would using project M full set homebrew affect this process?
All you'd need to do is take Luigi's Fit files (FitLuigi.pac, FitLuigi00-whatever is his final alternate costume and FitLuigiMotionEtc., place them into Mario's folder and rename them, and then copy Luigi's .rel and name it as Mario's .rel (to give the ported moveset Luigi's properties). Project M doesn't affect this at all; the only modding to files you'll need to do is editing common5 so that Mario's CSP stuff is replaced by Luigi's (which you may need to export so you can use them for replacing).

You'll also need to change the announcer file to complete it, which requires you to have some variant of Sawnds and the sound files from KC-MM. If you just want a port with no sound mods, though, that isn't required.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hey I know that this is like the stupidest question ever, but how does one go about creating a BRSTM file? I ask because I know that it's been a thing for a while now, but I want to know the easiest/most accurate/most up to date way to go about creating one of these files. If someone could just link me to the most recommended tutorial(s), that would be awesome.
This one seems to cover everything: http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-make-brstms-from-scratch-an-easy-tutorial.264708/
The BrawlBox version it lists is out of date, though - current one is 0.76.

TheNewestHacker

Smash Rookie
Hey, ya'll. I'm trying to change Falco's reflector from blue to red. How do I do that?
(I use my first post to help someone! :p)
In BrawlBox, open FitFalco.pac, then go to FitFalco -> ef_falco -> ModelData[1] -> 3DModels(NW4R) -> EffFalcoReflectorStart -> Colors.
Select one of those colors (refSA__refB/refSB1__refA) and then click the little "..." button next to "RGBAPixel[] Array" (The button may not show up until you click RGBAPixel)

Go to the same path except instead of ModelData[1] do ModelData[2] and ModelData[7].

That's where you edit the colors! It's up to you to figure all that out, though.. I tried but I couldn't really get it to be any specific color, it just seemed random when I changed the values.

Hope that helps! :)

PaguPeesh

Smash Rookie
NNID
fanofoddness
3DS FC
1032-2521-5538
(I use my first post to help someone! :p)
In BrawlBox, open FitFalco.pac, then go to FitFalco -> ef_falco -> ModelData[1] -> 3DModels(NW4R) -> EffFalcoReflectorStart -> Colors.
Select one of those colors (refSA__refB/refSB1__refA) and then click the little "..." button next to "RGBAPixel[] Array" (The button may not show up until you click RGBAPixel)

Go to the same path except instead of ModelData[1] do ModelData[2] and ModelData[7].

That's where you edit the colors! It's up to you to figure all that out, though.. I tried but I couldn't really get it to be any specific color, it just seemed random when I changed the values.

Hope that helps! :)
muchos gracias!

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I'm trying to import a Tyrunt model (in .DAE format) over Yoshi, but whenever I do so, BrawlBox crashes when I actually try replacing it, no matter what settings I put for it. Does anybody know what's causing this to happen?

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Hey, so im trying to get into making my first PSA but I have a problem, whenever I try to zoom out on the model viewer it will only move the camera up/down/left/right rather than actually zooming in or out.

This is what it looked like when I booted it up http://i.imgur.com/LgkmkdJ.png
And this is what happens when I try to zoom in using Right Click+Mouse Scroll http://i.imgur.com/Z1oHWyt.png

EDIT: NVM Despite people saying CTRL+- didnt work lied -_-

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
there's a crapload of stages on brawlvault set to be placed over final destination and I have no idea why. Any good way to move the stage they replace? does the process change for certain stages? Does Project M change the process?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
there's a crapload of stages on brawlvault set to be placed over final destination and I have no idea why. Any good way to move the stage they replace? does the process change for certain stages? Does Project M change the process?
The only way to change which stage they replace is by .rel porting, which (to my knowledge) is most commonly used for FD and Battlefield ports. So you may just want to wait for the ports to come out.

Top Bottom