• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
On another note, does anybody know how to make an effects (as in VFX) edit over only one slot? I'm trying to make a full Mega Charizard X alt for Project M (using the pre-existing costume by Nanobuds) , and the red flames from his attacks are bugging me.

If that's even possible, I'd like to know how to do it.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The filenames should be those of the stage you want to replace. So Pictochat is STG_PICTCHAT.PAC for the stage file, and st_pictchat.rel for the module.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
To expand on this point, the .pac file is for the stage's model and visual stuff while the .rel is for stuff like how the stage behaves in game (collisions and such). So if you only replace the .pac file, you'll get the stage visually, but you'll still get Pictochat's stage behaviour.

Replacing both the .pac and the .rel gets you the full stage, though.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Sorry for the double-post, but this is kind of important; how exactly would I go about adding the yellow Final Smash eyes to a custom model which doesn't actually have Final Smash eyes? I have the texture, but I can't seem to add it onto the model's other textures.

Last edited:

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
What are the system requirements of brawlbox? I want to try to make a stage less laggy by optimizing(?) it but I only have this Acer netbook.

Crap i was going tolist my specs but i just found out i have a faulty ram stick i'll edit in later.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What are the system requirements of brawlbox? I want to try to make a stage less laggy by optimizing(?) it but I only have this Acer netbook.

Crap i was going tolist my specs but i just found out i have a faulty ram stick i'll edit in later.
The only "requirement" is a video card that supports OpenGL 1.1 or better. You should be fine, unless you're using a literal potato :p It's not very resource-heavy at all.

Gavinwie

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm trying to edit in custom models for characters. I have their pcs files and pac files with the model, and they show in the preview, but they don't show in game. My file names are Fitzelda01, Fitszerosuit00, Fitsheik00, and FitPeach00. I'm I just screwed, or did I not do something correctly?

Antispyware

Smash Cadet
Hi how do you incorporate multiple animated objects in a stage? I'm trying to put one of the pyrosphere Ridley models into Norfair, but I get different problems based on which Model[X] number I am replacing, even if it's just a static/null model. Either Ridley shows up, or only one platform show up, nonmoving too.

JohnTravolski

Smash Cadet
I know that this sounds bad, since BrawlBox is meant specifically for BRSTMs, but will BCSTMs and BFSTMs ever be supported, just to play them? I don't like having multiple applications just to listen to BRSTMS, BCSTMS, and BFSTMs. Any suggested solution?

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Brawlbox freezes whenever I try to edit animations, and I cannot close it no matter what I do. I've tried hitting X, crtl + alt + del, and alt + f4, and nothing closes it. What do I do?

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to reduce poly count of a character/object and import it back to BrawlBox? I'm trying to get a N64 look of this Tink model http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=1700 by reducing poly count with an external program (Balancer Lite) but every time I try replacing the original object with the poly count reduced .obj file, BrawlBox crashes. The same thing happens when I try to export and import the exact same file, which might mean it's just a bug. I've also tried the built-in "Optimize mesh" function but it doesn't seem to reduce poly count significantly. Any ideas? BTW, I'm using the latest version as of now (0.76b)

Last edited:

StoobertGacks

Smash Rookie
Hey, this problem may have been answered in the depths of this forum, but I'm lazy and have only rudimentary knowledge of BrawlBox. Whenever I try to change a stage icon, BrawlBox inexplicably crashes. I can modify CSP's no problem, but for some reason stage icons give me a hassle. Also as additional information, I'm using a vanilla sc_selmap.pac, not a modified one by any means.

Last edited:

RadR99

Smash Rookie
I'm making a mod of Peach's Castle and I'm trying to change the lighting/shading of the mountains from brown to blue. I went into Scene data and changed the color there in stagcrayon/lights/light0 (light 0 being the raw data file) but some areas are still brown.
Anywhere else where I can change lighting??

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
I found out how to view attack data, but now I gotta know how to swap out an ASL hack stage, i.e. New Pork City in Project M. I was hoping to swap out both Fourside and New Pork City for Fourside M and New Pork City M+ by soopercool101

Fox_

Smash Rookie
I inserted a new main menu background, but it appear all buggy in-game. I think it's something with the main menu model. I want it to appear flat, as the image I inserted. I inserted a 1024 x 1024 image.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Is there any documentation or guide to the scenedata for stages? I can't find anything on it after searching the forums.

NeoSonic15

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has been asked already, I tried searching the thread for a couple key words and nothing came up, but with that out the way, does anyone know how to replace objects/polygons into Brawlbox without it crashing?? I've exported an object/polygon, took it over to 3DS Max and edited it how I want, then exported it as a .obj file, but when I try to replace the original polygon I get the ol' crash. I've looked around and seen other people with the same problem, but either no-one has explained how to get around it, or if they did they missed out some details or something that I didn't quite get, so any help would be much appreciated :D

NeoSonic15

Smash Rookie
I've managed to solve the first issue I had, but just as a side note, does anyone know how to edit UV maps in brawlbox? I've found the file (I think) but I cant seem to interact with it or anything.

VelvetHeart

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3754-8001-1181
I've been having an issue with brawlbox and my laptop... I cannot open the "system" folder than contains common5. I have tried just using the whole system folder as the directory, and nothing works besides the csp's. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

Alexarah14

Smash Rookie
Hi have any of you had Brawlbox freeze whenever you try to add a new Action Group (not Sub Action) to a character? I've had this problem with all versions of Brawlbox that can edit a character pac file such as version 68 and 68b. Any help will be appreciated!

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
So,

I just edited Captain Falcons FitCaptain.pac file in BrawlBox.

Everything was OK, all buffs were saved and stuff.

But how do I replace an iso's .pac file? I tried Wii Scrubber and it stops working regardless of the method. I tried wit with QtWitGui and it doesn't seem to do anything. I ran out of options, and no other resources seem to work even after a few hours of googling. How do I actually put the edited character and build a new iso with it?

Edit: Solved.

Now the only problem I have is that, even though I haven't changed Bowser's specials at all, he stops responding whenever I try do sideB, upB or downB. NeutralB works fine.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I have 2 questions:

First off though, I was following this tutorial so I could change characters alts( for PSAS like Scoot Pilgrim, and Deadpool) who could only be changed through brawl box, but the methods in this didn't work for me. I also tried to replace the sawnd file for Snake with Deadpool's but I don't know what to do with that either. Here is the video.

I did all of what the video shows for costumes, but it didn't work. IS there something I'm missing? I also can't find anything on changing the .sawnnd files.

NeoSonic15

Smash Rookie
I've been working for the past few hours on a set of animation edits in brawlbox and now that I'm done, I'm trying to save the MotionEtc.pac but it wont seem to save? I've tried clicking Save just right of the Load button, and that doesn't seem to work, and I've tried going to File > Animations > Save as and although it does create a file, the file is empty and doesn't have any animations at all. Does anyone know anything about this? Your help would be much appreciated :)

Kirbycide20XX

Smash Rookie
I've been fiddling around with kirby's throws trying to make them go off the edge like in melee/Sd Remix etc, but I can't seem to find the coding for it. If anyone knows how I should go about it, please let me know.

thisoneheredude

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere several times already, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

How does one go about exporting and replacing single objects in models? Essentially what I'm trying to do is edit an Isaac texture Roy model and replace the front-of-the-neck portion of the cape with the scarf from Byond's Isaac, yet I can't seem to do so. What I've been attempting was simply opening the Isaac model in BB, selecting the scarf, then hitting export. Then I would select the cape object and hit replace, selecting the exported object. Since I'm asking here, you can guess how that has been working out (it hasn't). What am I doing wrong, or could I be doing more correctly?

If it's worth anything, this is the model I'm trying to edit, the object in question being Roy_polygon35: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a12qfu9l1l670v8/FitRoy01.pac?dl=0

NeoSonic15

Smash Rookie
Hey thisoneheredude. I think I had the same issue you're having some time ago. What you want to do is open up the Roy model and right click his model file, then click import existing object, select the Isaac model file and then open the drop down list of polygons and pick the one you want then click okay. I can't guarantee it will work, but I hope it does :D

thisoneheredude

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the tip, NeoSonic. I was able to import the object, but I'm having some difficulty with it beyond that. I can't seem to get it colored (I tried assigning it a color node, didn't seem to work) and though it seems to be physically in order at first, it then tends to spaz out. I can't seem to change the vertex or normal nodes either. I've imported the vertexes, normals, colors, and UVs from the Isaac file, if that means anything

GG123

Smash Rookie
I apologize if this was a bump in any way, or the wrong place to post this, but I didn't want to post a thread (or whatever you guys call it) asking a simple question, But the Stage Studio official thread was closed and I couldn't post on it ;_; So anyway, I found out that Stage Studio hasn't been updated in 7 years, and is on beta. Does that mean that the development is over? I made a simple stage in the creator, and I go to training mode as Mario to test the stage, and when I exit out of training mode the game crashes!! I may have to take this to further testing, but so far that's all the game has ever done :( The game would normally do this on stages that have a few more moving objects than normal, resulting in having to delete the stage, but what about the first stage in this video by NintenDope on Youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq35gCD3SlY

My game would crash easily on a stage like that, yet it works flawlessly on his!! :(

I also have some custom obstacle course stages that I made myself, and I'm afraid they won't work because of this issue.

Here's the stage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbeovww0a7q5nid/st_Cavern.bin?dl=0

Please help!

Last edited:

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
So I wanted to add an ASL hack to a few stages, but I ran into problems with rel importing.
Essentially I wanted to add a stage based from battlefield as an alt to Onett and an alternate FD, only the former needed a rel and when I tested them sure enough the alt FD worked but the alt onett wouldn't load.
I tried making a .rel file from the Lakora rel creator that used battlefield as a base and set it to replace Onett, I then renamed it: "st_dxonett_Z.rel" mimmicking what some Project M files do.
The stage mod is definitely base battlefield, so I don't know what I did wrong

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
can someone help me find where DDD's Spit star damage/trajectory/knockback values are store?

not the damage done to the opponent in your mouth, but the damage done to others when you spit a player at them (the star projectile). I know damage is an offset in the characters fighter pac actually. but what about angle/BKB/KBG? is this even in brawlbox? is it considered an article?

Last edited:
Top Bottom