• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Ok so im trying to make a BRTSM file and when I load it up using brawlbox, the time just says 0:00:00/0:00:00 and when I click play i just get this beep noise. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ok so im trying to make a BRTSM file and when I load it up using brawlbox, the time just says 0:00:00/0:00:00 and when I click play i just get this beep noise. Anyone know how to fix this issue?
I'm pretty sure this means there is something wrong with the wav file you are using.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
What is the problem with the .dae files that BrawlBox exports? I seem to be unable to import them into Blender (either the old 2.49, or the newer 2.6x versions; they just throw errors), or view them in Noesis (no crash, but just a blank view).

I've looked into the files themselves, and they appear to be complete, so what do I need to do to open them?

Gohario

Smash Rookie
I'm New to brawlbox so i started out slow by editing the easy animations. EX: the wait animation. Once i finish editing and press save, it saves everything works. When I reload it it works as well. However, when i put the fitmotionetc into the containing folder and run it on my wii, it won't work. The character im editing is zero suit samus. I'd save it as FitSZerosuitMotionEtc.pac on my sd card in the fighter folder in the szerosuit folder. It just won't work. But when i use other people's animation or PSA hacks, those work. HALP HALP i am in need of HALP!

Gohario

Smash Rookie
The Riivolution i Use is V1.04. I'm not sure if that affects anything.... Until I get an answer, I can't use any animations that i make :(

D

Deleted member

Hi Gohario, could you please send me the FitSZerosuitMotionEtc.pac? Then I could tell you whats wrong. In the meantime make sure your placing it in:

(private should be in the root of your SD)

private > wii > app > RSBE > pf > fighter > szerosuit

Gohario

Smash Rookie
Hi Gohario, could you please send me the FitSZerosuitMotionEtc.pac? Then I could tell you whats wrong. In the meantime make sure your placing it in:

(private should be in the root of your SD)

private > wii > app > RSBE > pf > fighter > szerosuit

Ok thanks. How should I send it to you? Smashboards doesn't allow .pac

D

Deleted member

Okay so I looked through it and it works fine. Your problem is that you did not update your common.pac file with the new motions.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p01chjw1j1k4zuz/itt40_SD4S/system/common_en.pac

Once you do this, open the common_en.pac with brawlbox, REPLACE your motionect file with zero suits. Proceed to save it.

Finally what you do is place that in the private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system then rename the file and remove the _en so it just says common.pac

hope this helps, happy brawling.

Gohario

Smash Rookie
Okay so I looked through it and it works fine. Your problem is that you did not update your common.pac file with the new motions.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p01chjw1j1k4zuz/itt40_SD4S/system/common_en.pac

Once you do this, open the common_en.pac with brawlbox, REPLACE your motionect file with zero suits. Proceed to save it.

Finally what you do is place that in the private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system then rename the file and remove the _en so it just says common.pac

hope this helps, happy brawling.
THANKS! This helps so much. Now I can finally try making that luigi idea i had. :D Sorry if I was a burden, like i said im a noob at this cuz im a beginner.

Gohario

Smash Rookie
I'm a riivolution user so that's probably why it didn't work. I tried with gecko but that didn't work either. It probably didn't work with gecko because i have sd card adapter instead of a normal sd card.

Gohario

Smash Rookie
The Riivolution i Use is V1.04. I'm not sure if that affects anything.... Until I get an answer, I can't use any animations that i make :(

It still isn't solved D: So anyone who might know the answer please help meh.

EvaXephon

Smash Rookie
I'm a complete newbie to BrawlBox, so please forgive this question, but...

Is it possible to export animations from BrawlBox? Can I use BrawlBox to create a file that 3D Studio Max or Maya can read?

Like, let's say I want to open up Marth's forward smash in Maya. Can I use BrawlBox to produce a file that Maya can read, like an .FBX for example?

If it's not possible with BrawlBox, are there any other tools out there that can export Brawl animations? (Or even Melee animations, for that matter?)

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Whenever I try to save a .pac or .pcs as a .pair, BrawlBox gets an error message that says, "unable to open file for write access". How do I fix this?

Lakitwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lakitwo
I have a question about stage animations.

I want a model in the background of my stage to start out transparent, and then fade in like the stage parts in Rainbow Cruise. Using a VIS0 animation, I can get it to "pop" in, but it doesn't fade in. Anyone have any idea of how I would go about doing this?

EDIT: Found the answer elsewhere.

Kati

Smash Lord
edit:

Does anyone know of a tutorial for stage lighting? I tried teaching myself years ago by adjusting values and seeing how they turn out in game, but this sometimes caused the game to freeze, so I'd rather not learn it on my own again.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Alright, question from me.

I'm want to make a similar diagram for every stage in Brawl.

I've read that you can use BrawlBox to get the locations of the vertexes, camera zone, and blast lines for a stage, how do you go about doing this so I can do the rest of the math for the stage?

Edit: I found this info in this thread.

Foxfan12

Smash Rookie
Can Brawl box edit character stats? Like their stats in SSE or air speeds?
I believe that v 0.67b can, if you open up FitCharacter.pac and expand the second subfolder in the first Arc folder there should be an Attributes Table that you can edit. Although, I've found Brawlbox to be a pain in editing these kinds of values because of odd memory glitches that reduce filesize with every consecutive save resulting in much freezing if you save the same file more than once. You're really better off editing this in PSA. As for character specific attributes - e.g. things that not everyone has data for (number of frames to Peach's Float, the angle of Diddy's Banana Pull, et cetera.) You should use the Floating Point Editor.

Edit:

While I'm here, I've had it before where Brawlbox 0.67b can go into common3, export raw animParam and subParam for say the Cracker Launcher shot and import it over the animParam and subParam raw data of some other kind of ammunition. But now when I do it, the import gives me an insanely large (negative) number for some of the values, and if I try to save it I get "object reference not set to instance of object" and it fails to save. I've fixed this before by re-installing brawlbox. But I've even gone so far as to delete Brawlbox registry keys, delete every instance of Brawlbox I can find and restart it and I still get this error now.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Is there a fast way to delete key frames associated with the same bone? According to the help in 0.69, there's supposed to be a Ctrl+Backspace shortcut, but it isn't working for me.

otheusrex

Smash Journeyman
I recently learned how to animate colors on Final Destination using the AnmCLR entries. My question is how do you make materials that don't normally respond to AnmCLR entries do so? Specifically, someone asked me to make falcon punch rainbow colored.

I understand that the model in the fitcaptain.pac for falcon punch has a fire texture that's wrapped around the model, and that I can export and edit that texture in a photo-editing program, but I don't like the results of that, and I'd prefer to learn how to make the texture or material? respond to color changes in the AnmCLR data.

JbBlaznnn

Smash Rookie
How does one change the result screen? I'm stuck with the default cloud result screen from the original game.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
So, I'm trying to look into the shaders in BrawlBox, and figure out why some textures appear much brighter in the game than they do in the texture viewer, and I'm getting rather stumped, leading to several questions:

1) First off, how do the individual stages work? Do they add to each other, or is something else happening instead?

2) (d + ((1 - c) * a + c * b) + 0) * 4, clamped from 0 - 255
This is obviously a formula, but does each channel (Red, Green, Blue, Alpha) get run though separately?

3) And what do some of the constants mean? Some are obvious, but the ones that aren't are:

RasterColor
KonstantColorSelection
Color2

How would I make sense of these for figuring out the end result of all the math?

-DaVe-

Smash Rookie
I replaced the "InfRdyGo2" texture with an edited version of my own located in "Misc [40]" in info.pac. The problem is that the black outline of the original "Go!" still shows ups and I want to remove it but I don't know how. Help?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I have a question regarding stage hazards.

Is BrawlBox a program you can use to disable them? I'm using Brawl Minus's Spear Pillar as a base and I would like to freeze the legendary Pokemon in place so they don't produce hazards. Is that possible?

Could I also edit a stage to have the Pokemon appear a few seconds into the match (like in vBrawl) and then freeze them in place?

Tech

Smash Rookie
NNID
AntiTripsin
I'm new to this. can anyone tell me how do do recolors on things like PAC files? Like Falcos lasers, or Meta knights tornadoes? Just things of that nature. I don't know which files contain what, or what exactly needs to be edited. So if anyone could give me a quick rundown maybe, or point me in the direction where these questions are answered, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Hopefully a simple question, which palette changes the color of the hand you control on the character select screen (assuming there is a palette)? I know the hand texture (which determines the shading of the hand's color) is under MiscData[30] -> Textures[NW4R], and I assume Palettes[NW4R] holds the appropriate palette, I just can't tell which one it is. If I don't get an answer I'll probably just go through go through them one by one myself, haha.

kobiyashi

Smash Rookie
I regularly get the error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" when attempting to use Optimize Meshes. Can I avoid this? What's causing it in the first place?

Top Bottom