• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
When trying to replace a stage's background for another. All the textures that apply for the whole model are not placed in the their actual locations and the whole stage looks like a mess.

How can I fix that? Also I can upload a few images if neccessary.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to make part of a polygon or texture invisible? I can't figure out how to do it myself. Here's what I'm trying to do:

Basically I want to make the parts of the stage outside of those lines to not show up. When I delete polygons, it takes off too much so I'm at a loss.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
This has probably been asked but has anyone successfully run Brawlbox through Winebottler for mac?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I can't preview modesl on all my Windows 7 pc's.
Like, even original game models. It really sucks D: Does anybody know what is wrong?

Depster

Smash Champion
Where is the MSG file that controls the comments on the main menu? I DL'd a menu theme from Brawl Vault but the guy edited all the comments to have profanity in them and left that in his texture... I fixed a lot of stuff but still can't find the main menu comments or the Brawl menu comments. I assume this is found in the mu_menumain_en file

Depster

Smash Champion
But I've looked all over that thing and can't seem to find it .-. Do you know exactly where it's at off the top of your head?

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Sorry I've been catching up on other things.

I have another question. I'm trying to make a CSS and been swapping out character icon portraits(what you would place you player coin on). however it keeps freezing when I go to character select.

Is it because of what I'm replacing makes the file too large for Brawl to load?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Sorry I've been catching up on other things.

I have another question. I'm trying to make a CSS and been swapping out character icon portraits(what you would place you player coin on). however it keeps freezing when I go to character select.

Is it because of what I'm replacing makes the file too large for Brawl to load?
Might be
Are the image proportions the same as the original? (ex. 256x256)

No, where the MSG place for editing the comments on the main menu inside the mu_menumain file.
Misc data 5 would probably be your best bet

Lightning93

Smash Champion
The size is the exact same :/

Not sure why it's freezing really.
I found that trying to replace CSPs using a .brres file would also indirectly affect the "palettes" folder and mess up its compatibility with the CSS. You have to replace each CSP individually.

To test to see if this is your problem, try only customizing a few character portraits that you must have to select by pressing either "X" or "Y" on the character portrait itself in game. As soon as you attempt to switch costumes, the game should freeze.

If you're incorrectly replacing the CSP for the 00 costume, I can see why the game would freeze as soon as you attempt to load the CSS.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Hello, I wanted to know how I can import this Shadow model(http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=7039) so I can play him in brawl. Also I have brawl box already but I don't know how add Import characters, any help is appreciated. :)
He's on DK, so you place the files in the "donkey" folder in "pf".
If there are CSPs, they go in sc_selcharacter. Small portraits are found in "portite" in "info".

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I have a question for the Character Select Screen.

The custom portraits at the bottom, I don't want them in the version that I downloaded. Where in BrawlBox in the .pac file would I have to go to remove them from my game? Because I have different textures for each color. I don't need to add on new ones since I have yet to make any yet, just wanting to know what files I gotta remove/replace in order to get rid of the custom textures, so that the regular re-colors appear instead.

Oh! And if I do remove them, would I need to replace them with something else???

I'm keeping the menu and little character select icons, but I just need help with that.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
common5.pac->sc_charcter->char_bust_tex_lz77
That's where the CSPs are and yes you'd need to replace them with something else or the game will freeze

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You are awesome. Thank you. Gonna see if I get this right and if I don't run into any snags, perfect. I just replaced the common5.pac in the red character select screen with the default Brawl one. Let's see how it turns out.

[EDIT]

OKAY. So THAT didn't work... Let's see...

[EDIT #2]

Here's what I did. I opened up BrawlBox, opened up the common5 pack. From there I exported the char_bust_tex_lz77 file in there which is the default. I opened up the red and black CSS pack itself and from there I went to that file's char_bust_tex_lz77. I right-clicked and replaced that with the char_bust_tex_lz77 file from the default common5 pack I downloaded. Saved and done, I put the files where they needed to be.

I tried loading it up, menu hack worked fine, but I try going into the CSS and it freezes immediately.

This is the normal CSS from the brawlvault I downloaded, so I apparently don't need any other codes.

Is it because I need to remove the Alloys/Giga Bowser/Whatever files? If that is what the other MiscData pieces are anyway...

[EDIT #3]

So I found out that my SSS and Menu work just fine when the CSS is off. As well, I tried just putting on the default common5 pack into the menu2 folder on my SD card as the properly titled CSS file. It froze on me still.

That must have been a bad common5 file or something...

Disregard all of this. I was stupid. I downloaded one CSS initially and it had different CSS's, but the default ones that the other user gives on Brawl Vault are the default CSPs anyway. Man I am dumb. Thanks again.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
lz77ex won't open up for me. I'm trying to convert the PCS files on the Shiny Trainer into the proper PAC files but it's not working.

What do I do?

[EDIT]

Androu1's Shiny Trainer, btw. The one with PCS files but no PACs. Telling us to do it ourselves... Lazy little... lol

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I like saving things in .pair files if I only get a .pcs in a download. It exports both a .pcs and a .pac

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm trying to only change the camera settings for stages but I'm having trouble exporting the pac files. When I do "export all" I get an unhandled exception and when I do "export" it appears that it just exports the thing I selected such as a particular bone or something?

I just don't understand how to export which I shouldn't have trouble with.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Hey Im new to the modding scene but I want to get started.

Could I please have a link to doing character textures and vertex hacks.
I would perfer to use my photoshop and Max3Ds.

Right now I just want to modify the models and thier colors and maybe later on model imports and PSAs.

Also on a side note. How come model imports like saki/little mac on shiek work so well but other imports dont? Also Is it difficult to place a model over shiek or someone else from a diffrent game (TvC, or dragon ball)

Also is it possible to bring an model that isnt mld0 into brawl? Most probably no but I really want to bring over god gundam and Getter robo.

kupo15

Smash Hero
So how do I load a created stage, adjust the cam settings and export it changing only the camera? I'm just not used to BB. I wish Bwall had the other cam options because that was simple to export. One export option and it saves the entire pac.

So when it asks for a folder when I select export all? Does it need help finding the folder where the stage files are located? I just assumed it meant to designate a folder to save it. I chose the stage folder and I didn't get an unhandled.

EDIT:

Oh boy. I think its as simple as File>save. Dunno what export does differently but w/e

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I'm editing a stage, and have an animated element that I want to loop. When I play the stage, it plays its animation once, then stops. How do I set it to loop upon reaching the end of its animation?

I mean, yes, I can check the loop box in brawlbox, but that doesn't make it loop ingame.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to do a stage edit by rotating some of the pieces and then resizing them but when I load the stage, none of the changes are there. Does someone know how to make them stay?

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to do a stage edit by rotating some of the pieces and then resizing them but when I load the stage, none of the changes are there. Does someone know how to make them stay?
You need to set a keyframe. I did it once on final destination, but that was a long time ago so I don't remember. You'll need to figure it out on your own.

Muhsoce

Smash Cadet
In brawl box select the animation of the model and then look at the right there you will see that there are unknown1 unknown2 and unknown3, select to unknown2 and change the 0 to 1 and there your set!!

=)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Alright so I got Brawl Minus today and I want to hack it even more with texture hacks and background hacks and music hacks and the likes

How do I accomplish this?

Top Bottom