• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

humble

Smash Ace
Thanks for the help toaster!

I have a new question-

In Brawlbox, I made an animation where my character (ivysaur) moved forward to attack. The attack works fine, however afterwards the character teleports back to where they started; how can I make them stay where they were when the attack ended?

What I did was stretch the TransN bone forward during the animation, but they always snap back to the start of it. How do I prevent this?

Thanks to anyone who can help, I'm pretty confused.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Wii freezes at the SSS menu

My wii keeps freezing at the SSS menu and I have no idea why it is. Its never done this before with any of my hacks. I have the codes for music, textures. and the alternate file loader. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
If it freezes at the SSS, your sc_selmap is too big. It's very picky about filesize.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
that requires a little PSA editing. in PSA, go to the animation you made, click Animation Flags and check Moves Character. it should work then.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but I don't have any sc_selmap on thats the problem. It freezes with or without a selmap texture on. My SD card is almost full to capacity though with hacks. Does that affect anything?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Ever since I updated my drivers, Brawl Box ceased to work. It now gives me a "Memory is corrupt" error, followed by a "Value cannot be null" error, every time I preview a model now. Any ideas?

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
How do I move vertex points in Anim8or?

Okay, so I have tried to edit vertex points from brawl vertexes, but I cant move them at all in Anim8or. How do I move the vertex points that are a part of a brawl model, I used DanDonkey Vertex Box to get the vertexes from a model part of the brawl model Ness.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know how to edit mirrored textures without the results being mirrored?

BeyondYou

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so I have tried to edit vertex points from brawl vertexes, but I cant move them at all in Anim8or. How do I move the vertex points that are a part of a brawl model, I used DanDonkey Vertex Box to get the vertexes from a model part of the brawl model Ness.
You select the vertex point or a group of vertex points and move them with the arrow keys. <_<

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
OK so basically, what I'm trying to find is a program that allows me to view character and stage textures without having to start up Brawl. I've tried BrawlBox, but I just keep finding texture parts and not the full image. Could someone link me to a program that does or show me how to view them in BrawlBox?

Also, could someone explain ImportTextures and ImportModelTextures?

Sorry, I've been away from the hacking community for the last few months.

KilroyWO

Smash Rookie
Hey, near-total noob to BrawlBox. I've been trying to avoid asking this for the sake of doing it myself, but I couldn't find anything on the boards about this specific issue yet.

Could anyone tell me how to delete (or swap, if that isn't possible) certain Assist Trophies? I'm just getting sick and tired of the Nintendog, Mr. Resetti and a couple other patently annoying characters.

snow-wolf

Smash Cadet
Now that I knew how to edit them, I edited Lucas just a little bit, and it corrupted, why did this happend?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Ive been trying to Port Link over Pokemon Trainer but it keeps freezing. Link has more bones though, why does he keep freezing?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
[HELP] Pokemon Trainer model swap

I tried porting Link over POkemon Trainer and it froze. Link has more bones than PT but it still froze, his animations worked perfectly with his link but it still froze, why? And can someone help with this problem?

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Now that I knew how to edit them, I edited Lucas just a little bit, and it corrupted, why did this happend?

That's a common problem with Anim8or. I don't really know how people successfully made a vertex in Blender even though it always comes out like that when I try to edit it. >_> The only way to even edit vertices in Blender is to save it as .obj in Anim8or so Blender can read it, but then again, it always comes out like that stretched in the model.

Hyperpulse

Smash Rookie
Exporting a single model from a Miscdata[2]?

Hello, I've been looking for Drifloon's model in STGSTADIUM_en.PAC, and I seem to have found it in a file called Miscdata[2].

My problem is that, while I can preview this Miscdata[2] and find Drifloon's model in it; I can't seem to export this model, which is called StgStadiumFuwante.

If anyone help, please reply to the topic!
Thanks in advance.

-Hyperpulse

Hyperpulse

Smash Rookie
Slight model replacement problem

Okay, I've recently put Cubone over Pikachu via model replaement, all the textures are there, and he has never crashed the game.

However, he is not animated yet; this is what I'm having trouble with.
I want him to use Pikachu's animations, and since he is over Pikashu, this is what I expected.

Alas, he just sits there T-Posed... I can still move him around though.
I'm not completely sure, but I think the problem with the animations is that Cubone's bones aren't named in the way specified in the FitPikachuMotionEtc.pac, while Pikachu's bones are.

What I need to know is a quick way to re-name the bones in the correct way so that he will animate properly.

If anyone thinks they can help, please leave a reply; thanks in advance.

-Hyperpulse

gallax

Smash Hero
Hey simple question:

When I change the name of the song through brawl box, why do I have to edit both the mu_menumain.pac and the info.pac? Does one control the name of the song that pops up while playing while the other one controls the name of the song when you check it through the music selection on the options screen?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Okay, I've recently put Cubone over Pikachu via model replaement, all the textures are there, and he has never crashed the game.

However, he is not animated yet; this is what I'm having trouble with.
I want him to use Pikachu's animations, and since he is over Pikashu, this is what I expected.

Alas, he just sits there T-Posed... I can still move him around though.
I'm not completely sure, but I think the problem with the animations is that Cubone's bones aren't named in the way specified in the FitPikachuMotionEtc.pac, while Pikachu's bones are.

What I need to know is a quick way to re-name the bones in the correct way so that he will animate properly.

If anyone thinks they can help, please leave a reply; thanks in advance.

-Hyperpulse
Just rename bones that are the closest to Pikachu's

Hey simple question:

When I change the name of the song through brawl box, why do I have to edit both the mu_menumain.pac and the info.pac? Does one control the name of the song that pops up while playing while the other one controls the name of the song when you check it through the music selection on the options screen?
Correct!
Info.pac controls music when playing in-game while mu_menumain.pac controls the names at the my music screen

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Okay. New problem. I have been trying to do animation swaps (pretty successfully for the most part), but after fixing the bone translations on a certain animation in the General Movements category (Wait1 - Rebound), it suddenly gave me an error.

************* Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Pointer startIndex and length do not refer to a valid string.
Parameter name: ptr
at System.String..ctor(SByte* value)
at BrawlLib.SSBBTypes.CHR0.get_ResourceString()
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.CHR0Node.OnInitialize()
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Initialize(ResourceNode parent, DataSource origSource, DataSource uncompSource)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.NodeFactory.FromSource(ResourceNode parent, DataSource source)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.BRESGroupNode.OnPopulate()
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.get_Children()
at BrawlBox.BaseWrapper.OnExpand()
at BrawlBox.ResourceTree.OnBeforeExpand(TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnExpanding(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
at BrawlBox.ResourceTree.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I was working on the swaps from a .brres Resource Pack that is separate from Falco's FitMotion.pac. I dunno what caused this error, and I would really like to know.

On another note, what do CLR0's dictate in a .pac?

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
I am working on porting Luigi over Wolf and the textures arnt correct. the ONLY problem is his eyes are closed and his hair shows. Anyone know how to fix that?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
You don't really, it's pretty automatic.

It's like other people's faces or whatever. They have all sorts of textures for the eyes and stuff, but their eyes are always closed in Brawlbox. PSA uses the Model Changer code to switch between different sets of eyes when you get hit or you're just waiting there.

shadow040

Smash Rookie
Hey there, I'm new to the hacking front, messing around with textures and codes and such for a couple of months and now I've finally decided to start up a PSA project. Only thing is I'm having some animation trouble involving brawlbox and what actually appears in brawl.
I'll get to the point: I'm making some custom animations for Ganondorf but when I put in brawl he's not doing exactly what I animated on brawlbox.
Here's what I want him to do:

Here it is in brawl:

I imported his win3 animation and just changed how he had his legs positioned, it seems that everything I didn't edit came out fine.
Is this a common problem? I can provide my motion pac if anyone wants a better look at it.

EarthboundD

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm having major problems in creating loops for brstm files in brawl box. The problem I am having is not being able to accurately choose the loop times.

I am using a program called MP3DirectCut to find the perfect beginning and end point to a loop, for example the Katamari song Houston has a great loop between 59.532 and 3.12.050.

So when I go into brawlbox to create a brstm file with a loop at these two locations, I cannot pinpoint them because when I move my mouse a pixel while clicked on the slider, the time will go up from 55.01 to 55.90. It may not seem like much, but it destroys the continuity of the loop.

I see that there are these large numbers which are deadly accurate in changing the looping points, but I have no idea what they equate to concerning numbers like 59.532

If anyone could tell me the ratio of those large numbers to actual time, that would be super.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
When you find your loop points in the program you're using try switching the time format to samples and copy the numbers
Hope this helps

Top Bottom