• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

EarthboundD

Smash Rookie
Mr.Chyu, you are a beautiful person. I used GoldWave, which I see people keep mentioning, to get to the point I found it to loop perfectly, down to the millisecond, and then right clicked the time to change it to samples.

BrawlBox is really weird though. If I put in the sample number, and click the asterisks, it doesn't put the loop point on that number but on the cursor point below, resetting the sample number. The only way it works is if I click that asterisks, and then hold click while moving the cursor until it is no longer on the button.

Anyway, I have found this to be a terribly confusing and upsetting process. I'm now wondering why other people aren't running into this problem? (Unless I am very ignorant, which I could see being the case since this is all super new to me) If this is a fix to a common problem, why doesn't the BrawlBox program allow the option of inserting the time as well?

Oh right, this GoldWave program is only a trial, so does anyone know of another program with the same option?

Again, thanks a ton Mr.Chuy. If it weren't for you I would of given up on this endeavor.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Mr.Chyu, you are a beautiful person. I used GoldWave, which I see people keep mentioning, to get to the point I found it to loop perfectly, down to the millisecond, and then right clicked the time to change it to samples.

BrawlBox is really weird though. If I put in the sample number, and click the asterisks, it doesn't put the loop point on that number but on the cursor point below, resetting the sample number. The only way it works is if I click that asterisks, and then hold click while moving the cursor until it is no longer on the button.

Anyway, I have found this to be a terribly confusing and upsetting process. I'm now wondering why other people aren't running into this problem? (Unless I am very ignorant, which I could see being the case since this is all super new to me) If this is a fix to a common problem, why doesn't the BrawlBox program allow the option of inserting the time as well?

Oh right, this GoldWave program is only a trial, so does anyone know of another program with the same option?

Again, thanks a ton Mr.Chuy. If it weren't for you I would of given up on this endeavor.
Audacity would a good alternative to goldwave as it's more user-friendly and free

The asterisk is for previewing the song and hit it for the sample point for looping (mainly for people how use the guess and check method for looping so you won't need it)

Since you already know the loop point and you would do is type the number into loop start and then hit okay for it to convert

The whole process isn't hard of confusing unless you're new to it(which would be the case here but it seems you've got the hang of it)

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Hey guys im not having a brawlbox problem but i guess its kinda similar >.>

1. While playing on stages with my custom music, only some of them desyncs (?) and plays an another song over it. I know if you defrag your SD card it'll be fine but some of the song's problems couldnt be fixed :(

2. No idea why but whenever i select Luigi Mansion or Delfino's music selection thing in the option menu, it freezes. I somehow cant play on Luigi's Mansion as well, it just freezes, no idea why.

3. .....thats about it atm :p

Help would be appreciated, thanks a bunch ^__^

Eldiran

Smash Lord
1 - try remaking the songs.

2 - you'll need to use the My Music Reset codes. Not sure where they are, but they're linked to somewheres around here.

Sorry my answers aren't very thorough, I should be working instead of posting here <.<

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Awesome, ill try it out once i get home :p
To be more specific, all the songs are fine once i've defragged my SD card but i keep having problem on Yoshi's island (brawl) ..... the 2nd song in the My music screen, whatever that was :p

edit:
ok still no luck but...... is it because my 2GB SD card is almost full and running out of space? would a 4GB SD card work?
My Wii is on 4.1E and would a 4GB SD card with brawl textures/music stuff in it work? I remember someone saying only a 2GB SD card will work so....yeah, just confirming :p

If its because my SD card is running out of space and not fixing the music problem, ill go get a 4GB SD card if it'll work.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Which file is the stage select screen data in? Particularly wondering where the names are located for said stages.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@toki: 2 GB ought to work fine -- in fact, that's the size of the "official" Wii SD card. Running low on space shouldn't be a problem either.

Personally I have experienced problems with songs for no known reason whatsoever. But in order to fix it, it usually works to a) delete the glitched song off of the SD card, and b) remake the song and put it on again.

I purposely listed those as two separate steps, since it seems to make a difference in my experience.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Well, there are two ways you can do it. Either make its textures transparent, although i don't know if they support transparency. Or, you can replace it with a static model, but you would need to use PSA to edit where the hitbox is attached to.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
@Eldiran
Thanks for all the help <3
Fixed the problem, i remade the song but it didnt work so i just formated my SD card and its fine now :p

I also found the My Music Sheet code thing and fixed the stage problems.

Thanks again.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
Well, there are two ways you can do it. Either make its textures transparent, although i don't know if they support transparency. Or, you can replace it with a static model, but you would need to use PSA to edit where the hitbox is attached to.
I made it transparent, but in-game, it took Sonic's texture.

and what is a static model

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
one FitSonicMotionEtc.pac file, hold the spring!

http://www.mediafire.com/?32kmho7asm0p20s

i find the easiest way to get rid of stuff is to just hex it out, which is what i just did. the spring is now invisible, but it still acts like normal otherwise.
thanks! now to just move it over to my custom moveset...

EDIT: Thanks! It works great! Now it looks like Sonic's bouncing spin move from SA2B!

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Hey, sorry if this question is redundant, but the last time I did any modding was a while ago. Regarding music hacks, is Brawlbox in any way "better" than the BCSM GUI v1.5? Brawl box seems kinda all encompassing and I'm not really looking for model or PSA type stuff. Also, perfect loop points are multiples of 14336 correct? Sorry, one more question, haha: What is this defrag the SD and the music reset codes? If know my old SD used to get that fuzz sound every once in a while.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :). Also, sorry if this is the wrong thread. The Mod forum branches have expanded since I last check heh heh.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
1. For me, I use BrawlBox for individual BRSTMs. Once in a while, I use the BCSM-GUI for when I do batches of BRSTMs.
2. Yea, perfect loops use multiples of 14336.
3. Defragment means it frees up space from files that you have deleted. People recommend it if their music starts glitching out.
4. Music reset codes are used when a certain stage doesn't work. Like if FD was freezing, you'd put on a FD music reset code, you'd play a match, and the music in "My Music" will all default to the middle of the music selections.

Kati

Smash Lord
Can brawl box alter the amount that the camera zooms in for a stage?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I just downloaded brawlbox for Mac, and this is what it looks like:

Is it supposed to look so empty?

And how do you import character models and stuff like that to brawlbox?

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
wow, haven't seen you around here for a while Dark Horse. you finally got BrawlBox working on the Mac? even though the BrawlBox menu has a big red X in it, it still functions normally, it just doesn't show.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
it should be just like the regular toolbar, at least that's how mine works.

eskimojedi20x6

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna ask this here since someone here might no the answer, and I've haven't got any help from the other boards when I asked this...

I've been playing hacked Brawl normally for a long time without issues until now. For some reason, each time I go to the Stage Select Screen, all of my hacks get reverted back to normal and I go back to vanilla brawl with absolutely no hacks at all.

I use the dynamic SD loader/Stack Smash. I have changed nothing on my SD card for awhile and it was working earlier fine today, but now I always get the same error. I have tried using different SD cards, all of which had the same problem. Before I go to the stage select screen though, everything is perfectly fine. I'll have my custom menu music, backgrounds, and menus; it just screws up whenever I go to the sss....

Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Oh, and I have not updated to Wii Menu 4.3

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Hmm...try defragging the sd card or possibly formatting it but just back up your stuff
honestly dude i think i've ever seen someone have a problem like that before

eskimojedi20x6

Smash Rookie
Hmm...try defragging the sd card or possibly formatting it but just back up your stuff
honestly dude i think i've ever seen someone have a problem like that before
I've done both, neither worked.... thanks for your help though... I have absolutely no idea what's wrong.

eskimojedi20x6

Smash Rookie
What did you do before it started messing up?
I added a recolor texture that I made and when I went to test it out, this happened. I simply removed the texture and it happened again. I then formatted the card and reuploaded everything from my back-up, but it still does it.

I've tried my Brawl- and bBrawl backups, and neither of them worked. I even did the B- codes by themselves without anything added to them, and the game still does this. I know my back-ups aren't messed up cause I have them specifically for when I screw things up like this.

As I said earlier, I have also tried putting things on another SD card, but the same thing stil happens.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Do sounds hacks desynch?
Like, those SFX things you can find on the Vault now?

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I understand common files are easily editable in Brawlbox. Is there a common file which contains information for Battle Portraits? If so, which one?

I am using Riivolution and have found that the XML I am using only allows for CSS, SSS, CSP, and BP to be usable when they are included in common files.

If anyone has this information I would greatly appreciate them sharing it ^.^.

Chaoslinkx33

Smash Rookie
I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been having alot of trouble finding motion pac files, could somebody direct me to some sort of link, or a site where they have them? I've been searching everywhere, and for the life of me I can't find anything.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've been having alot of trouble finding motion pac files, could somebody direct me to some sort of link, or a site where they have them? I've been searching everywhere, and for the life of me I can't find anything.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170

here. did you ever think of looking on youtube? or watching WackaAlpaca's tutorials?

Top Bottom