• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I need help. so ive made this silver thing but i need to know how to edit his spimnes to make them one slot.

I know you can do it with animation editing D= but then i have to make a whole motion.pac for soinc... itll still be one slot but more work.

ive seen it done before..... ;-;

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Because Majora's neutral form is pretty weak?

Majora's status as a Final boss can only come with all of it's 3 forms.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I had worked around the animation's with the shoulder poofs looking right... I think I remember what I did for that. And the skirt better patch properly, so help me God. I'm using Mariokart64_n's method using his script and morphers... It claims not to have patching involved at all, sooo -crosses fingers.-

Another preview: http://i.imgur.com/Wq06P.png Sorry, it's large.
If you're using that method, it will be impossible, I know it's the one I use, and with some vertexes it just recycles over and over no matter how many times to re-morph it

I've heard of people making it work with DDVB 2.0 by double patching like 12 times, the problem is the download link for it doesn't have any files in it, and the creator just up and left so you can't get your hands on it

If you find a way to get it to work lemme know please

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
????????

Are you putting those models over the hat slot on Jiggs' costumes?
over jigglypuff's sleephat yesh :3

some have tried to put every kirby hats on jigglypuff but some have fail. it isn't so easy as it looks on some models.
otherwise, this will happened or freeze

only a part of the model is attach on jigglypuff while the rest is on center of the stage

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
over jigglypuff's sleephat yesh :3

some have tried to put every kirby hats on jigglypuff but some have fail. it isn't so easy as it looks on some models.
otherwise, this will happened or freeze

only a part of the model is attach on jigglypuff while the rest is on center of the stage
From the troubled ones, don't make the Falcon one. I'll fix mine when I get a little time for it.

Also, you should contact BSZ, he was once interested in using some model that never moved. Maybe you could make his idea work now you've figured out how.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
If you're using that method, it will be impossible, I know it's the one I use, and with some vertexes it just recycles over and over no matter how many times to re-morph it

I've heard of people making it work with DDVB 2.0 by double patching like 12 times, the problem is the download link for it doesn't have any files in it, and the creator just up and left so you can't get your hands on it

If you find a way to get it to work lemme know please
Well, with that being said... Does anyone have a download to Das Donkey Vertex Box 2.0? Someone around here's got to.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
From the troubled ones, don't make the Falcon one. I'll fix mine when I get a little time for it.

Also, you should contact BSZ, he was once interested in using some model that never moved. Maybe you could make his idea work now you've figured out how.
but I have already fixed your falcon helmet :awesome:
but it was an test to confirm one thing, i can delete it xD

will contact as BSZ as soon as I can :3

i wonder if this could be done in reverse, as in switching a kirby hat for jigglypuff's sleep hat.
I bet it's working, maybe even easier!

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Well... This part has been the only part so far to export properly, so I textured it.

Again, sorry for the page stretch. The other parts I've exported (Hair and Skirt) will need double patching. Skirt I'm changing in general so as to make it actually patch properly. Never fear though, with texture and vertex, it will still be small and form fitting.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Don't scrap that skirt. It looked really cool.

Did you know that the skirt can be textured invisible so it's shorter?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Don't scrap that skirt. It looked really cool.

Did you know that the skirt can be textured invisible so it's shorter?
That's the plan ;). However, Asymmetry cannot be textured on it. It's going to look basically the same, just not slanted :\. I think I'll add some thigh high socks to the texture, since I'm losing the little panty exposure. Again, the plan here is not an other M mod of Peach, it's based on drawings I did for my own style, I intend to do all of the humanoid characters in this style, make some PSAs, Animations, Codeset, and release as a completely new mod for Brawl.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
How easy or hard was that Jigglypuff hat fix? I've tried to make new hats out of boredom, but whenever they have that glitch where the models are floating in the middle of the stage, I don't know what to do.

n64billy

Smash Ace
That's the plan ;). However, Asymmetry cannot be textured on it. It's going to look basically the same, just not slanted :\.
Vertex the vertecies in that skirt area on a slant. So that you still rely on the texture to make the skirt short, but you'll also get that original slant that you wanted from before as well.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Vertex the vertecies in that skirt area on a slant. So that you still rely on the texture to make the skirt short, but you'll also get that original slant that you wanted from before as well.
Will that make the skirt all messy during export though? Like will I have to patch more than twice?

br3compactor

Smash Ace
IDK, never messed with Peach.

Meh, try double patching, anyway. It may not take many tries.

After patching for a while (I once patched pit's scarfs about 100 times) you get used to it and can multiple patch in no time.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
IDK, never messed with Peach.

Meh, try double patching, anyway. It may not take many tries.

After patching for a while (I once patched pit's scarfs about 100 times) you get used to it and can multiple patch in no time.
After those 100 times, was it to your satisfaction? Because I'm fine with patching a lot as long as I get my desired results.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Woah, nice final smash.

EDIT:

The white = Transparent. Will this maybe export a little better? I didnt touch the Z axis this time, or the ruffles. Hey, if worse comes to worse, I'll just get rid of the skirt entirely (texturally of course), and make the skirt from the top of her legs / pelvis.

n64billy

Smash Ace
The white = Transparent. Will this maybe export a little better? I didnt touch the Z axis this time, or the ruffles. Hey, if worse comes to worse, I'll just get rid of the skirt entirely (texturally of course), and make the skirt from the top of her legs / pelvis.
It should. I still think that you could try editing the vertex points for her skirt a bit to still get the slant you wanted..

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Well, with that being said... Does anyone have a download to Das Donkey Vertex Box 2.0? Someone around here's got to.
Don't count on it, I've asked a few people already and for some reason everyone is incredibly unwilling even to give a response, if you do get your hands on it could you send it to me too? I've been trying to get it for months -_-

btw your Peach is awesome

n64billy

Smash Ace
Don't count on it, I've asked a few people already and for some reason everyone is incredibly unwilling even to give a response, if you do get your hands on it could you send it to me too? I've been trying to get it for months -_-
Wait, you guys mean this old thing?
http://www.mediafire.com/?vp8g3c8d3xti8zh

I've had it for ages.. I never bothered using it though since it didn't have Maya support. (The version that did have it was never released............)

I like the Patching method using the script in 3DS and morphers, but if you's want to try DDB2 as well, go for it. Hope whatever you need it for works out

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Damn, I really liked that slanted skirt. It was badass.

BTW, I don't think it will look good with skirt made of her pelvis. I tried something similar before and it didn't look good... specially it's texture.

About your question...

Well, some vertex need serious patching, sometimes you need 4 patchs for it to change closer to what you wanted, and more 4, and more 4 until it's perfect.
But in the case of Pit's scarfs, even if I had been patching all along since, I'd probably still be.

But don't get me wrong, most vertex sets are just fine and require double patching at most. Some others are a ***** though.

EDIT:
OMG THIS THREAD CAUGHT UP WITH STAGE THREAD.
RUN FOR THE HILLS

Razanak7

Smash Ace
i hate Mudkipz D:

and Raz,
how can you make PSAs for bosses ?
I thought you were around when I explained this before... oh well.

They're over normal characters.

Razanak, why is Majora weaker than Bongo Bongo?
Because Majora was an absolute joke as a boss. It's awesome and all, but it really couldn't take a hit. Bongo Bongo could at least try and put up a fight.

And, Majora is also the second fastest. Third if you count the secret boss...

I mean, what?

Than give him all three forms then..?
Yeah, you can't do that with Toon Link.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Damn, I really liked that slanted skirt. It was badass.

BTW, I don't think it will look good with skirt made of her pelvis. I tried something similar before and it didn't look good... specially it's texture.

About your question...

Well, some vertex need serious patching, sometimes you need 4 patchs for it to change closer to what you wanted, and more 4, and more 4 until it's perfect.
But in the case of Pit's scarfs, even if I had been patching all along since, I'd probably still be.

But don't get me wrong, most vertex sets are just fine and require double patching at most. Some others are a ***** though.

EDIT:
OMG THIS THREAD CAUGHT UP WITH STAGE THREAD.
RUN FOR THE HILLS
Well, I appreciate all of the feedback everyone :D. I'll do my best to keep the slant going, I'm going to smooth out those ruffles too. If I have to patch 80+ times, I will. I feel like the slant made it... unique.

EDIT: In progress pic: http://i.imgur.com/SpW07.png Again, White = Transparent.

Top Bottom