• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Because Majora was an absolute joke as a boss. It's awesome and all, but it really couldn't take a hit. Bongo Bongo could at least try and put up a fight.
Someone didn't fight Majora without the fierce diety mask!

It's not that Majora is weak, it's that Each attack from fierce diety is like 20 times stronger than anything else in the game lol.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Don't count on it, I've asked a few people already and for some reason everyone is incredibly unwilling even to give a response. I've been trying to get it for months -_-
*sigh* i've been having the same problem asking people about exporting a vertex i made of lucario's head, and no one's answering. had a topic going in the help & faqs section for about a week and no replies.

but, @anyone, do just have to keep repatching lucario's ears or are they pretty mutch unvertexable, because every time i use mariokart64n's script to export it into my mdl0, the head moves away from the body (which only happened after i changed the ears) and ear tips hover above the body, and with each repatch the head moves farther and farther away. am i just doing something epically wrong or are lucario's ears just being an arse?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Well, after an hour and a half of patching, a result I'm pleased with

It ain't perfect, but hey, I'm fine with it.

EDIT: Making some progress... The skirt texture isn't going to be straight up black in the final release, don't worry. Well, back to patching.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
We hope you're not, GW. We hope you're not.

@L-a-t

I really want to see your concept arts now.
Haha, my art teacher has my sketchbook (God damn art 3 ap class, collecting sketchbooks and whatnot.) Any particular reason why? I have some for Zelda, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and Link in there too.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I'm just curious. This Peach hack is looking so good.
Well, my goal is to make an entire brawl mod based on my concepts. Different movesets everything. Peach is getting a gun, or two. Samus( suited) gets like... a beam sword. Zero Suit has no weapons and fights hand to hand, still has some stun attacks. Link has minor armor, dunno what Im going to do for him weapon wise.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Wait, you guys mean this old thing?
http://www.mediafire.com/?vp8g3c8d3xti8zh

I've had it for ages.. I never bothered using it though since it didn't have Maya support. (The version that did have it was never released............)

I like the Patching method using the script in 3DS and morphers, but if you's want to try DDB2 as well, go for it. Hope whatever you need it for works out
There's nothing in those files, my computer reads it as a virus, but I just hit the ignore button and download it anyways, but when I try to open the file it says it's corrupted so it can't unpack it, same problem as always -_-

Thanks for the reply though

Because Majora was an absolute joke as a boss. It's awesome and all, but it really couldn't take a hit. Bongo Bongo could at least try and put up a fight.

And, Majora is also the second fastest. Third if you count the secret boss...

I mean, what?

Yeah, you can't do that with Toon Link.
Did you try beating it WITHOUT the Fierce Deity mask? It's a whole different scenario, in fact bating Majora without the FD mask is the only time I've ever had trouble with a Zelda boss, not that much trouble but still...

Razanak7

Smash Ace
(Kritter, or K Rool or something along those lines)
What everyone else said, that looks awesome.

Did you try beating it WITHOUT the Fierce Deity mask? It's a whole different scenario, in fact bating Majora without the FD mask is the only time I've ever had trouble with a Zelda boss, not that much trouble but still...
Zora boomerang, jump attack, shoot the Remains, rinse and repeat. I really don't see the difficulty there.

Besides, it's just low HP, it doesn't at all mean that it's going to be easy here. All of the bosses will have perks, and Majora's happens to be a significant speed boost, along with being difficult to hit in general. If anything, with the moveset I have planned, it might be overpowered.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Zora boomerang, jump attack, shoot the Remains, rinse and repeat. I really don't see the difficulty there.

Besides, it's just low HP, it doesn't at all mean that it's going to be easy here. All of the bosses will have perks, and Majora's happens to be a significant speed boost, along with being difficult to hit in general. If anything, with the moveset I have planned, it might be overpowered.
I wasn't really complaining about how you made it as a boss, I was just wondering, but are you only talking about the first phase of Majora? Because the Zora boomerang doesn't work on the second or third forms

And just another question, what boss would you consider harder than Majora?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)

K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) over King Dedede

Why isn't K. Rool in DKC Returns? Because he's busy kicking gorilla butt in Brawl! I decided to make all three versions of K. Rool from each of the original Donkey Kong Country games.

For this hack I made my first attempt at a one slot size mod. It isn't completely perfect but it plays well enough. I also was able to give him his one bloodshot eye thanks to dingoberriz telling me how.

I included many different K. Rools in this download. Each K. Rool comes with a size modded hexed eyes version, a sized modded regular eyes version, a regular sized hexed eyes version, and a regular sized regular eyes version. More information in the read me that comes with the download.

Credit to marioking64ds for finding the K. Rool textures and dingoberriz for helping me with the eyes.

Battle Portraits and CSPs included

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
That looks amazing.

BTW, I haven't forgotten about Raiden.

I'm just putting him on hold and decided to do smaller vertex things until I get more experience.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
the final bosses of oot and mm were the easiest of them all imo, ganondorf was hard while ganon was a piece of cake. even darknuts were harder.

water temple bosses are always a challenge for me

however, the best boss to ever exist is odolwa

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I wasn't really complaining about how you made it as a boss, I was just wondering, but are you only talking about the first phase of Majora? Because the Zora boomerang doesn't work on the second or third forms

Specifically, yes, but the other forms didn't bring much to the table in terms of difficulty either (Wrath could almost hold his own, but Light Arrows made him a complete wuss). Speaking of which, this Majora will incorporate moves from all three forms, despite being based mostly on the first one.

And do you mean in the Pack alone or just in general?

Dangit, JUST after I finalize the boss roster. XD I really wanted to add K Rool to the list. Oh well, too late now.

the final bosses of oot and mm were the easiest of them all imo, ganondorf was hard while ganon was a piece of cake. even darknuts were harder.

The only Zelda bosses that I found actually took time to beat were Stallord and Argorok, but that was mostly attributed to the method of beating them requiring a lot of climbing.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
@Gengar84: Since you didn't add that disclaimer about disabling bones that you usually use, does that mean that this model doesn't desynch?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure he does desync. I just forgot to mention that I disabled some bones, sorry.

Oh and Raznak, if you decide that you want to add K. Rool to the boss pack, that would be awesome. I know you've already got a full roster so I'm not expecting you to but feel free to use him if you want.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace

I dunno I think the best boss ever was definitely WW Ganondorf.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

Why isn't K. Rool in DKC Returns? Because he's busy kicking gorilla butt in Brawl! I decided to make all three versions of K. Rool from each of the original Donkey Kong Country games.

For this hack I made my first attempt at a one slot size mod. It isn't completely perfect but it plays well enough. I also was able to give him his one bloodshot eye thanks to dingoberriz telling me how.

I included many different K. Rools in this download. Each K. Rool comes with a size modded hexed eyes version, a sized modded regular eyes version, a regular sized hexed eyes version, and a regular sized regular eyes version. More information in the read me that comes with the download.

Credit to marioking64ds for finding the K. Rool textures and dingoberriz for helping me with the eyes.

Battle Portraits and CSPs included

Oh boy, what version do I grab? Decisions, decisions...
I was thinking either normal or Kaptain K. Rool.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I just thought about something... Since I'm completely changing Peach's moveset and animations along with this... Why didnt I shrink and slant the skirt with Animation edits? Gah Im dumb. If the patching doest work in an hour or 2, thats what Im going to do.

EDIT: Also, if someone could PM me or teach me how to replace the model for her tennis racket, golf club, or frying pan with Zero Suit Samus' gun, that'd be nice.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
DON'T! :(

I don't use custom movesets since Imma tounament player, and I want to use your stuff.
aghuehe. It's proving to be practically impossible to patch this skirt properly. It literally, explodes. haha. I'll do my best... I'll try my best to figure out a work around from the animation editing part of it all, for you and those like you, I'll look more into the DDVB2.0 patching method and see if it works better.

EDIT: And if not, I'll take a break from Peach and work on someone a little less frustrating (zero suit and suited samus)

DOUBLEEDIT: I remember the technique used to make Silver over Sonic originally... part of my Suited Samus involved a pony tail sticking out of the helmet, is there any way to achieve this using a method similar to that?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I just thought about something... Since I'm completely changing Peach's moveset and animations along with this... Why didnt I shrink and slant the skirt with Animation edits? Gah Im dumb. If the patching doest work in an hour or 2, thats what Im going to do.

EDIT: Also, if someone could PM me or teach me how to replace the model for her tennis racket, golf club, or frying pan with Zero Suit Samus' gun, that'd be nice.
Good idea using animations XD

The pan, club and racket are part of her model so you can't replace them. However, it's really easy to just replace one of her three articles with another model. I gave Peach Ike's sword once by replacing her Parasol and then editing her PSA so she always summons it in her standing animations.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I didn't import the textures (i didn't know how to get them working too) so it just took whatever texture it could find, in this case, part of the opponent's texture.

I'll just leave this here...

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
nobody is responding to the post at the request thread, so I am posting it here (I kno in the wrong place) but can somebody vertex and texture the golden hammer to make the piko piko hammer plz?

Razanak7

Smash Ace

I suggest not doing that, since the changes don't apply when the character uses external animations. But if you're fine with periodically morphing models, then it shouldn't be a problem.

And Peach's weapons are part of her main model. If you want her to hold a gun, you have to do it from scratch unless you replace an article.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Whenever I keep trying to patch my Met's body (I made the mouthpeice out of the part of Metaknight's body that you can't see under the helmet) it patches perfectly shape wise, but it keeps getting smaller with each consecutive patch. What do I do? D: I use DDVB2.2 by the way. Does the version of AiS that you're using affect it? Because I had always been using the version that doesn't export textures up until recently

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Every Vertex method has flaws, IMO MarioKart64n's has less.
Some vertexes I just couldn't pull of at all with DDVB.

That might not be your case, I never vertexed MK's body so IDK.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace

What? See I thought Ganondorf was stupidly easy while I got a bit of trouble with Ganon, as for Majora I found it one of the most pain in the *** bosses of all, and Water Temple? To be honest I never had trouble with it at all even with the boss

I agree Odolwa was just awesome, and he was pretty tough too

Hardest temple for me was the Stone Tower temple

Specifically, yes, but the other forms didn't bring much to the table in terms of difficulty either (Wrath could almost hold his own, but Light Arrows made him a complete wuss). Speaking of which, this Majora will incorporate moves from all three forms, despite being based mostly on the first one.

And do you mean in the Pack alone or just in general?
I meant in general for all Zelda bosses which do you find harder than Majora, just a question out of curiosity

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
It's okay, I figured out what was wrong. Just a little error on my part that I can't be bothered explaining (in short, different versions of AIS don't like eachother). But in the end, it was easier to take advantage of my original issue by resizing Met's body to about 250%, to counteract the shrinking. It's not perfect, but it's pretty close

Top Bottom