• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) over King Dedede

Why isn't K. Rool in DKC Returns? Because he's busy kicking gorilla butt in Brawl! I decided to make all three versions of K. Rool from each of the original Donkey Kong Country games.

For this hack I made my first attempt at a one slot size mod. It isn't completely perfect but it plays well enough. I also was able to give him his one bloodshot eye thanks to dingoberriz telling me how.

I included many different K. Rools in this download. Each K. Rool comes with a size modded hexed eyes version, a sized modded regular eyes version, a regular sized hexed eyes version, and a regular sized regular eyes version. More information in the read me that comes with the download.

Credit to marioking64ds for finding the K. Rool textures and dingoberriz for helping me with the eyes.

Battle Portraits and CSPs included

This just made my day, someone should make a moveset for this, you wouldn't even have to change much, make side B throw his crown, hat, whatever and make neutral B shoot a canon ball, and give him 2 jumps, no puffing himself up maybe

I dunno I think the best boss ever was definitely WW Ganondorf.
Oh god, I thought he was one of the worst

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
How do I prevent the textures from appearing blurry in 3DS MAX? I swear it's about half the detail it should be.

EDIT:
(so not EVERY second post on this page is mine. I'm sorry for that)

Texture isn't done yet. I tried vertexing the things on the side of his head but i couldn't get it looking right.

Now I just gotta fix the helmet's vertices and texture some more, and vertex his feet (might need some help with that).

n64billy

Smash Ace
Can't wait to see the updated version Tommo! (That non-rounded helmet bugs me a little :p)

Does anyone remember way back in the dream-time when I started making this?

Well... I'll be continuing work on it this week!

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) over King Dedede

Why isn't K. Rool in DKC Returns? Because he's busy kicking gorilla butt in Brawl! I decided to make all three versions of K. Rool from each of the original Donkey Kong Country games.

For this hack I made my first attempt at a one slot size mod. It isn't completely perfect but it plays well enough. I also was able to give him his one bloodshot eye thanks to dingoberriz telling me how.

I included many different K. Rools in this download. Each K. Rool comes with a size modded hexed eyes version, a sized modded regular eyes version, a regular sized hexed eyes version, and a regular sized regular eyes version. More information in the read me that comes with the download.

Credit to marioking64ds for finding the K. Rool textures and dingoberriz for helping me with the eyes.

Battle Portraits and CSPs included

I LOV U I LOV U I LOV U I LOV U!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG finally kk rool done WELL!

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I meant in general for all Zelda bosses which do you find harder than Majora, just a question out of curiosity
Majora is, undoubtedly, one of the hardest Zelda bosses. The thing is, I find its moveset to be predictable and generally not challenging.

That's something I plan to remedy with this pack.

Also... something may or may not be revealed here a bit later... maybe.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Saying "maybe" pointlessly highlights the fact that you already said you may or may not be revealing something. [/GrammerNazi]

Either way, cant wait to see what you've got planned. :3

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace

A little somthing i started working on today.
(Iv'e only done the hair so far body texture and face are still wip)
I remember seeing this texture made awhile back so I decided I'd vertex it.
Genis Sage from tales of symphonia.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Taking a break from Peach. I'm tired of patching x_x. going to work on Zero Suit Samus and composing some music for Final Destination :o.

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
A little somthing i started working on today.
(Iv'e only done the hair so far body texture and face are still wip)
I remember seeing this texture made awhile back so I decided I'd vertex it.
Genis Sage from tales of symphonia.
Genis ! :awesome:
I loved that little bugger in TOS. I always used him while my bro used Lloyd :awesome:
You did a great job recreating him over Lucas :)

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Saying "maybe" pointlessly highlights the fact that you already said you may or may not be revealing something. [/GrammerNazi]
My entire point. You're preaching to the choir, man.

Grammar
. >_> <_<

Either way, cant wait to see what you've got planned. :3
I think it's time.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please bow in the presence of the almighty King of Evil himself...

HELL YEAH.

Model and texture by Calamitas, animation proportions by me. :3

The boss will also feature a special trident made by Gamewatching. Which, by the way, I need someone to edit so it attaches to LHaveN.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

I released him >.> its the best i could do. Feel free to revamp anything you guys want.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Meleemaster... do you think you could pull this off for me?
I shrank to dust the parts that don't patch well and vertexed the good parts only.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I might, but again for that and stuff that doesn't patch well, I forgo the patching and manipulate their vetex applied state.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Majora is, undoubtedly, one of the hardest Zelda bosses. The thing is, I find its moveset to be predictable and generally not challenging.

That's something I plan to remedy with this pack.

Ok sounds cool

i should agree,
this K.Rool is teh Best Brawl Hack ever @_@

and my Kritter is wearing DK's Fur
like a boss
You should really, really turn DDD's waddledees into kremlings, it would just be tons of win

My entire point. You're preaching to the choir, man.

Grammar
. >_> <_<

I think it's time.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please bow in the presence of the almighty King of Evil himself...

HELL YEAH.

Model and texture by Calamitas, animation proportions by me. :3

The boss will also feature a special trident made by Gamewatching. Which, by the way, I need someone to edit so it attaches to LHaveN.
Holy hell!! Just too awesome

I released him >.> its the best i could do. Feel free to revamp anything you guys want.
I don't particularly care for this character, but it is very well done

n64billy

Smash Ace
Could anyone help me out with editing a few bones?

I need to change the scale of Metaknights fingers to 0 without using animations, so that a few stray verts don't show up anymore, but whenever I try to edit them in the list of bones, I get errors and can't save the file....

Help?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Ho.....ly........ crap............!

Pics in-game or it never happened! >_<
Don't worry, eventually. :3

*dies from the epic picture that R7 posted*
Thank Calamitas for that one. XD

You should really, really turn DDD's waddledees into kremlings, it would just be tons of win
I concur.

What the **** Razanak7.
That would be Ganon.

Could anyone help me out with editing a few bones?

I need to change the scale of Metaknights fingers to 0 without using animations, so that a few stray verts don't show up anymore, but whenever I try to edit them in the list of bones, I get errors and can't save the file....

Help?
Editing the T stance never ends well in reference to bones directly attached to other polygons. Certain vertices near where the bone connects to another won't move.

The exceptions are things like Link's sword, which doesn't connect to any other polygons, and the bone must be renamed for the changes to figuratively stick.

So unless you want to go with shrinking them for every animation and are satisfied with them showing up again every now and then, vertexing is your only option.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Editing the T stance never ends well in reference to bones directly attached to other polygons. Certain vertices near where the bone connects to another won't move.

The exceptions are things like Link's sword, which doesn't connect to any other polygons, and the bone must be renamed for the changes to figuratively stick.

So unless you want to go with shrinking them for every animation and are satisfied with them showing up again every now and then, vertexing is your only option.
I'm not editing the T-stance of the character, I know that doesn't work..
What I'm trying to do is edit the bone itself + renaming it, so that it's not affected by animations, and so that it keeps its scale that I've set it too... (In my case, trying to make it 0,0,0)

On a side note: Trying to re-apply different versions of verts onto a model once you've lost the original mdl0 is a pain in the butt...!

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I might, but again for that and stuff that doesn't patch well, I forgo the patching and manipulate their vetex applied state.
Yeah I know, but then again, when you do that, it's because it doesn't patch well ^^
So, the fact of it patch well or not does matter.

Here's da link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z04bksmfw8fkj09

A good Tuesday to y'all! :awesome:

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot, to anyone who vertexed Peach, are there many parts that are a pain to patch? I plan on making a vertex on Peach (not gonna touch the skirt though) so I was wondering if there's any part to watch out for.

Lionman

Smash Champion

This is a part of a project i did, i removed the wings, talons and effects by animation and i vertex the punch, it looks great and is really customizable.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Oh, almost forgot, to anyone who vertexed Peach, are there many parts that are a pain to patch? I plan on making a vertex on Peach (not gonna touch the skirt though) so I was wondering if there's any part to watch out for.
I've had issues with the back of the hair, the skirt and frying pan, personally.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
@Lionman : this is awesome :bee:
i don't recall seeing hacks like this back in my days.

and i finally added those 3 teeth :o

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I'm not editing the T-stance of the character, I know that doesn't work..
What I'm trying to do is edit the bone itself + renaming it, so that it's not affected by animations, and so that it keeps its scale that I've set it too... (In my case, trying to make it 0,0,0)
Editing the bone itself is the T stance, and what you've just described is exactly what I just said you can't do.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Editing the bone itself is the T stance, and what you've just described is exactly what I just said you can't do.
LIAR!!

You can edit a T-stance, very easily in fact. It just has to be done outside of the preview in Brawlbox. Open the bone tree under the MDL0, and set scale and rotation accordingly to what bone you want it.

n64billy

Smash Ace
LIAR!!

You can edit a T-stance, very easily in fact. It just has to be done outside of the preview in Brawlbox. Open the bone tree under the MDL0, and set scale and rotation accordingly to what bone you want it.
THIS is what I've been trying to do! But I keep getting errors when trying to save it...

Top Bottom