• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
id wish there was a created stages type of selection for additional stages/characters, then you could have a scrolling list of custom characters and stages and not be limited to menu spaces

Fen__

Smash Ace
Here's a rather pertinent question: if people want a clone engine for characters, why is no one using the character rel files? It takes 3 seconds to change stage rels, so why is this not being done?
A user just started a thread about this a couple of days ago. On top of that, it has been looked into before. Dantarion says PW is the only one that really understands much of it, though. Remember the last update that PW showed for his character replacement engine? The really buggy one where only a few moves worked for characters, and even then, they weren't perfect? Yeah, that's as far as he got after working on it that long.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
(EDIT: Oops, this post should've really been in the MDL0 thread, not this one.)

Uh...

For just using the textures from Castle Siege, that Temple revamp looks really neat, Razanak7. :)

Razanak7

Smash Ace
The first step in completing the boss pack, here's a sneak peak at one of the stages that will appear:

Bowser's Sky Arena!

But... no DL for you. You have to wait. Ha.

Also, I finally know how to change lighting. Nifty.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
i would really like that last boss level, maybe do a second texture because the resemblance lol

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
hadn't that been done before?...

plus it's just a texture, on the already edited headband/ammo-less snake model

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
How come certain files can work if they're bigger than the originals, but most can't?

I just realized that my mu_menumain is 4325 KB, while the original one is 4159 KB. Of course any other file that exceeds the limit by even 1 KB instantly freezes the game.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
hadn't that been done before?...

plus it's just a texture, on the already edited headband/ammo-less snake model
Yes but the Gordon Freeman done before was using his half-life 1 textures.
shown here

I made mine using the half life 2 textures and his HD face. I tried to get it as close as possible to this.

And yes, it is a texture. Thank you for noticing that.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Yes but the Gordon Freeman done before was using his half-life 1 textures.

I made mine using the half life 2 textures and his HD face. I tried to get it as close as possible to this.

And yes, it is a texture. Thank you for noticing that.
congratulations, you made a texture... just like everyone else

now lets move away from that topic, and back to this one

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Topic change before this turns into a flame war.

Here's a BRSTM of Majora's battle music. It's a mix of all four of its themes from the game, a few sound effects and Impact Crater from Metroid Prime. And FYI, parts of it are supposed to be desynched.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uy1mzznwdie

It's probably too quiet, so I'll fix it up when it's time to actually release Majora.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
pretty sweet vertexture, it'd be perfect if his head could be vertex'd easily into a bunny head, but unfortunately, his hair and face are separate, and are both kinda hard to change...

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I'm almost finished my own vertexture, once dd box 2 is released. Or I just might try to go with the old methods.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
what if i make Goron Link over Toon Link,

The Bunny Link is KTH's Hack,
i only made the vertex and he did the whole texture

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
YAY!
The next episode x3 Your machinimas are so awesome and cute, gonna watch right now!

Piks

Smash Journeyman

The braces will be textured like skin later, so don't fret about it.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
In order to get rid of it, I would have to cover up the hole that's underneath.

I'll probably end up making that side bare anyway; but keep in mind that there will most likely be connection issues at first. (it's made up of different objects, thus shading will be separated between them)

edit: done

gonna texture this now.

Top Bottom