• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

ds22

Smash Lord
I look forward to seeing how you imported a OBJ into the MDL0, it'll greatly increase the modding possibilities.

EDIT
I'm guessing this is the secret?
http://www.mariokartwii.com/f7/official-mario-kart-wii-model-hacking-new-39114.html

since it needs a specially formatted OBJ, that would related to another members comment about not all OBJ's working.

obj is just a storage format. but being it's a texture format, alot of time when people write text parsers there not perfect.. so small syntax problems prevent execution
I got one to work in SZS Modifier:

When I try to save it however:

I tried many different ways of export settings in 3DSMAX, but all with the same result.
So tell us Pikazz, how did you do it?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
TIME FOR MY SPECIAL SURPRISE

can you see what it is?

it is a floating mewtwo head :D

and a leg.

These models are from SSBM. but I couldn't make it whole ;_; it was too big and too complex so I make the model in pieces. I had to cut off mewtwos ears (?) for or else it would be too big ;_;
it turn out to be good quality on the model BUT I dont know how to fix the texture issue ^^'
"This is a tiny step for mewtwo but a big step for brawl hacking :D"

Will right now wait for my yt video about the stage will upload and then, I will make a tutorial |3

thanks for the model RTB :3
I look forward to seeing how you imported a OBJ into the MDL0, it'll greatly increase the modding possibilities.

EDIT
I'm guessing this is the secret?
http://www.mariokartwii.com/f7/official-mario-kart-wii-model-hacking-new-39114.html

since it needs a specially formatted OBJ, that would related to another members comment about not all OBJ's working.

obj is just a storage format. but being it's a texture format, alot of time when people write text parsers there not perfect.. so small syntax problems prevent execution
I got one to work in SZS Modifier:
*pic*
When I try to save it however:
*error pic*
I tried many different ways of export settings in 3DSMAX, but all with the same result.
So tell us Pikazz, how did you do it?
you got me D:
are the polygons you exported in "triangle"? choose that when you export the model

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Not to sound mean, Pikaaz, but if these models cannot use current Brawl animations, and if they cannot be imported fully, then there is no point in doing all of this, unless you can get textures to work properly and use them for a stage, as static models. It's a nice find, but it's still new, so I cannot say I'll be messing with this, not until what I'm thinking is fully confirmed to work properly.

Also, those who are wondering what my Super Mario Galaxy 2 stage is, look a little bit more on the Stage hacking thread, or on my blog. I sometimes put previews about my work. It's Star Ship Mario.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
Nightmare is done, if anyone cares. :( Check out KC:MM for my post and the downloads.
beyond you, you and bigsharkz are the best character hackers. mewtwo 2000 is the best stage hacker. but this nightmare is epic. also you showed us a preview yesterday and your all ready done. dang you work fast.:laugh:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Not to sound mean, Pikaaz, but if these models cannot use current Brawl animations, and if they cannot be imported fully, then there is no point in doing all of this, unless you can get textures to work properly and use them for a stage, as static models. It's a nice find, but it's still new, so I cannot say I'll be messing with this, not until what I'm thinking is fully confirmed to work properly.

Also, those who are wondering what my Super Mario Galaxy 2 stage is, look a little bit more on the Stage hacking thread, or on my blog. I sometimes put previews about my work. It's Star Ship Mario.
I know but I see it on the bright side :3, we are one step closer to the ultimate.

oh, and that texture issue is really easy to fix I believe. just delete the textures in the model except those it using and do the same on material.
then just replace the textures you want it to have. xD

i did not do it because... i dont know ^^; maybe lazyness
@Pikazz
Send you the model.
I came, I saw and I fixed it :3
I could save that model now without any problem so I guess the problem is fixed xD

will pm you back :3

ds22

Smash Lord
You mean in the .obj itself with the dots?
I saw (and worked with the crystals model from Pokemon Soul Silver).
And with the texture, I have no idea how to fix texture positions.
EDIT: Ingame, the models are inverted.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
I want to replace shinobu's Hair with the actual models hair. the model below is a vert hack thus far.

but I'm not sure how you've import the objs. so far I can only open MK models (SZS) the app wont work on brawl models. I've been trying to mod a SZS then export the raw data to inject into my brawl model. but that doesnt work. is there some hex your doing to the brawl MDL0 to get it to run. if so please explain.

this would great help my modding efforts. static import is a very useful thing.

EDIT

oh yah...

ds22

Smash Lord
I want to replace shinobu's Hair with the actual models hair. the model below is a vert hack thus far.

but I'm not sure how you've import the objs. so far I can only open MK models (SZS) the app wont work on brawl models. I've been trying to mod a SZS then export the raw data to inject into my brawl model. but that doesnt work. is there some hex your doing to the brawl MDL0 to get it to run. if so please explain.

this would great help my modding efforts. static import is a very useful thing.
I got this hexed:

So I could tell you how to get it working.
And nice looking Mewtwo (smexy).

ds22

Smash Lord
You need to open the .obj inside a hex editor and then replace all "." (2E) with "," (2C).
You won't be able to see them in SZS Modifier previewer, but they will appear (after fixing the headers of course) in the BrawlBox previewer.
EDIT: Does anyone know how to fix the inversion problem I have (and RTB's Sandvich had)?

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
fix headers in BrawlBox previewers O_o? huh

I don't understand why nobody has yet to post a clear step by step. when I cameup with a new verthacking method, within days I had a step guide , a program, and videos.. I never beat around the bush with small cryptic pieces of info.

ds22

Smash Lord

I don't understand why nobody has yet to post a clear step by step. when I cameup with a new verthacking method, within days I had a step guide , a program, and videos.. I never beat around the bush with small cryptic pieces of info.
Here goes:
Get a model from where ever you want.
Export it as a .obj file (try different setting if it doesn't work in SZS Modifier).
Open the .obj in a hex editor, select all data and go to replace... and set it to hex.
In the first field you fill in 2E and in the second 2C.
When that is done save the .obj.
Open a random .szs file with SZS Modifier and select one of the mdl0's from it (preferable the course.mdl0).
In the previewer, Import the modified .obj.
You won't see it, but that's no problem.
Now select save and close the previewer.
Export the .brres in where the mdl0 is located.
From there on, use Fortwaffles mdl0 tools and if all went well, the model is previewable in BrawlBox and useable ingame.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
that's not my problem. how do I get it back into a character model.

that process will replace a static MDL0, like JigglyPuff's Hat.. but I want to replace a part of a skinned model. this must be possible.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
oh yah...
HOW'DA, NOW'DA, WHY'DA? awesome! 83
tried mewtwo as I said before but only got the head and the leg because it would be to big D:

I thought I could make a "how to do" thread after my video is upload on youtube but it have fail 2 times now D:
maybe will do it now or tomorrow, maybe will go to bed.

ds22

Smash Lord
That Mewtwo is a vertex, not a imported model Pikazz.
Anyway, did this pretty much sum up the "how to do"?
Here goes:
Get a model from where ever you want.
Export it as a .obj file (try different setting if it doesn't work in SZS Modifier).
Open the .obj in a hex editor, select all data and go to replace... and set it to hex.
In the first field you fill in 2E and in the second 2C.
When that is done save the .obj.
Open a random .szs file with SZS Modifier and select one of the mdl0's from it (preferable the course.mdl0).
In the previewer, Import the modified .obj.
You won't see it, but that's no problem.
Now select save and close the previewer.
Export the .brres in where the mdl0 is located.
From there on, use Fortwaffles mdl0 tools and if all went well, the model is previewable in BrawlBox and useable ingame.

GameWatching

Smash Ace
HOW'DA, NOW'DA, WHY'DA? awesome! 83
tried mewtwo as I said before but only got the head and the leg because it would be to big D:

I thought I could make a "how to do" thread after my video is upload on youtube but it have fail 2 times now D:
maybe will do it now or tomorrow, maybe will go to bed.
i think he tooked the lucario from brawl and morphed it with the melee one (ripped)

anyway,
i m doing same thing with falco

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
yeah its a vertex hack, it's almost done. I just need to do the arms and legs.. works pretty good, with the exception of some stiff spots. due to the massive editing, but I'm going to disable some bones to help prevent unsightly issues.

this method with SZS, gave me and idea, involving the beta importer pharrox released a year ago.

ds22

Smash Lord
yeah its a vertex hack, it's almost done. I just need to do the arms and legs.. works pretty good, with the exception of some stiff spots. due to the massive editing, but I'm going to disable some bones to help prevent unsightly issues.

this method with SZS, gave me and idea, involving the beta importer pharrox released a year ago.
I like the sound of that. :3
Also, Keyblade ingame:

It still is inverted and needs a new texture.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
That Mewtwo is a vertex, not a imported model Pikazz.
Anyway, did this pretty much sum up the "how to do"?
oh D:
I did make a thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10658520#post10658520

oh D: but it is still awesome, even more awesome o.o xD

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
I like the sound of that. :3
Also, Keyblade ingame:

It still is inverted and needs a new texture.
do you think that you could replace one of pits blades with the keyblade once you figure out the inverse and texture problem? That could really help the sora psa project.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the post but i"ve already seen that.
I do think that is a great hack though

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if mario super sluggers has a obj file that could really help out the bowser jr project if some one would be able to find the brush

Top Bottom