• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
GET HYPE!
SUCCESSFUL OBJ IMPORTING!

as you can see, I succeed to make a stage from a obj model to brawl in MY OWN way. I have not seen someone done something like this in this way :/
and that is just a sneak peak on my big surprise :3
and after that surprise and my stage is fixed, I will tell how I did it

(yes, it is kinda crappy but I haven't fix the textures yet)
but there is 2 things that are not so good :/
1. right now, it is kinda limited ;_;
2. I tried obj importing on a character. Kamek, the evil koopa wizard from Super mario galaxy seems only have one bone after this way :/
But I dont know, need to check something about the bones first before I saying something about bones.

but hey, it seems obj importing are possible like mld0 from other games and dummy bone add, the only thing left is triggering and "bones that's are attach to the model" adder.

be patience about my biiig surprise :3

GameWatching

Smash Ace
man o_o

you can defnetly change brawl hacking with it,

i only exepted that with SM64 and Game Maker and others

awesome o_o

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Pikazz, I am so very excited for obj importing!

....So many ideas brewing....

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
That looks cool and all, but, may I know what the heck you imported? o_o

Edit: Gamewatching, I noticed you got Toon Link's body vertices to work with the new method. Think you could help me get mine to work? Each time I try, it messes up the model, like if what I edited was below the model, so it stretches there.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Woah, obj importing and a new method of vertex hacking? I came back at the right time. O.O

Anyone care to explain this new method to me though?

EDIT: Never mind, seems to be a stickey that has the details.
EDIT 2: Wait, that's just the guide to load them on your Wii. :[

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Oh, I see. Also, your surprise better not be things I'm working on. D:

If you said you can import SMG models, I just hope you can't import SMG2 models, so I can continue working on my Super Mario Galaxy 2 stage. Unless you want to cooperate and send the models to me if you figure it out. =o

Edit: Superyoshi888, go here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=8577.0

superyoshi888

Smash Lord

If you said you can import SMG models, I just hope you can't import SMG2 models, so I can continue working on my Super Mario Galaxy 2 stage. Unless you want to cooperate and send the models to me if you figure it out. =o

Edit: Superyoshi888, go here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=8577.0
Thanks. :D

And an SMG 2 stage? Wow, I've been away from the Smash Boards longer than I thought.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi

what are you working on? D:
I have 1-3 surprises if I can get it working but at least one for now

I said he was converted from SMG and not I can ^^'

but if I could, I have one idea to make a stage from SMG and yes, I want to cooperate if I can get it to work :3

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
Get Hyped!!!

Thanks you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you gonna vertex hack ganons sword into nightmares soul edge sword.

cuz if you do we can use the sword during gameplay if we use the ganon takes out sword if you taunt code.

once again thank you.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
omg beyond you amazing nightmare head XD which nightmare are you basing it on soul calibur 4 -.- or soul calibur 2? ^^

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
nice goron link GW ^^

anywho

i wonder if Star Fox Adventures has OBJ format?

thinks of Krystal bow chica bow wow

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
However, by the looks of it OBJ is acceptable amongst a larger number of models it seems. What the are discrepancies between OBJ and DAE?

Roo525

Smash Ace
Are you guys trying to say that ANY model file converted to .obj can be used in Brawl?! :estatic:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh, so OBJ is good for anything that you don't want to animate? This certainly expands the stage possibilities.

Roo525

Smash Ace
I have a few more questions about this. Can this method apply for characters also?

And if so, Converting it to a .dae would make all the bones transport over as well. Does this mean we could take models of characters from other games and rig them over the characters in Brawl?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Question: Do NTSC files freeze the game if they're used with PAL?

Someone reported one of my stages on BrawlVault for freezing, and I need to know whether it's a file type difference, or just an issue with his game individually.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
I look forward to seeing how you imported a OBJ into the MDL0, it'll greatly increase the modding possibilities.

EDIT
I'm guessing this is the secret?
http://www.mariokartwii.com/f7/official-mario-kart-wii-model-hacking-new-39114.html

since it needs a specially formatted OBJ, that would related to another members comment about not all OBJ's working.

obj is just a storage format. but being it's a texture format, alot of time when people write text parsers there not perfect.. so small syntax problems prevent execution

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Question: Do NTSC files freeze the game if they're used with PAL?

Someone reported one of my stages on BrawlVault for freezing, and I need to know whether it's a file type difference, or just an issue with his game individually.
That wouldn't have happened to be me reporting it, right? ^^;
I'm PAL and I've never really had any problems with character files, and it happens sometimes with stages but I haven't noticed a pattern. Some stages like that Okami Yoshi's Island, the assault Corneria or the KC-MM Club/City freeze, but others don't such as, say, Rainy Eldin or Crisis City. I think it's situational. Moveset files sometimes don't use the correct sounds in PAL, and NTSC module files freeze in PAL. I can't use RTB's Sandvich Common3 either.

DARKSHADEDX

Smash Rookie
The new method roxx
Lol, why did you post my Goron Toon?
*looks closer* Wait... you vertexed it O.O... that is awesome!
Thanks.. glad to see my work hasnt been forgotten.. that was my second texture I ever made =3
also please let me know next time... just because it is that kewl :3

Fen__

Smash Ace
I have a few more questions about this. Can this method apply for characters also?

And if so, Converting it to a .dae would make all the bones transport over as well. Does this mean we could take models of characters from other games and rig them over the characters in Brawl?
No, not at all. The only formats that can be imported in are MDL0 and now (apparently) OBJ. Like it was already said, OBJ doesn't retain rigging and such, so it couldn't be used for anything you actually wanted to animate. Maybe if you wanted like a sphere or something, but that's about it.

Top Bottom