• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Fen__

Smash Ace
Uh, I think that's just a bad job (no offense to whoever did it). mariokart64n and BeyondYou have alone proven that you can do really great vertex edits (and I'm sure there are others, but those two just came to my mind first). If you imported a model over it, you'd have to animate the imported head in all of the animations to keep it with the body (I think?). Also, you wouldn't have facial expressions unless you wanted to have separate models for eyes that moved in and out of his head really quickly to give the illusion of animation or something like that.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
hey i have a question. you know how there is an aweosme reidly texture on charizard. why hasnt anybody vertexed charizard to look like ridley. the texture is there, all we needa is vertex and BOOM we have ridley.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Uh, I think that's just a bad job (no offense to whoever did it). mariokart64n and BeyondYou have alone proven that you can do really great vertex edits (and I'm sure there are others, but those two just came to my mind first). If you imported a model over it, you'd have to animate the imported head in all of the animations to keep it with the body (I think?). Also, you wouldn't have facial expressions unless you wanted to have separate models for eyes that moved in and out of his head really quickly to give the illusion of animation or something like that.
I think it would still look better. I don't rly care about facial expressions. Plus, TLink's head has hidden vertices, making it near impossible to get a good bomberman

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I forget.
Is it possible to replace stage portraits in the common5 on an SD card?
because whenever I try, it freezes.
Yes, on sc_selmap.pac.

But uh yeah, again... common5.pac is a really weak useless file because any change to it will make it freeze once you try to load Brawl, and there are a lot of unnecessary files there so just use sc_selcharacter.pac and sc_selmap.pac individually.

BeyondYou

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't know about Ganon, but wasn't new Mewtwo pretty much made by converting the head & body model(s) from Melee? I didn't think it was actual model manipulation...
*sighs*

The entire Mewtwo model is just a very well done Vertex edit, nothing more. It uses mariokart64ns new vertex editing method which has been around for a little over a month now. You can find it in the tutorials and guide section of the KC forums.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
so, is it possible to import an obj onto a character, but as part of the character? I want to import the hats from the kirby hat trophies onto kirby.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
OBJ models are usually too big to use on characters, and besides, not only is the model you're talking about already an MDL0 but OBJs don't store bone data so they can't be animated. Trophies usually can't be animated very easily either. The most you can do is vertex hack the trophy and then replace one of the hats with it.

Top Bottom