• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Speaking of beautiful, I'm having trouble narrowing down the SotC soundtrack into just five songs to accompany the stage. But, then again, how could you?
well considering brawl matches don't have the same buildup of action that the fights in sotc usually have, but start immediately, I think these songs work well.

counterattack
A despair-filled Fairwell
Liberated Guardian
In Awe of the Power
The opened way

you could also include the Rock oc remix, wanderer on the offensive

Django

Smash Rookie
Preview of the colossus stage...

As you can see, the battle takes place on its back, with the platform rocking back and forth somewhat violently. Aside from it just being different, this was done to recreate one of the core aspects of fighting in SotC; staying on. While it may not be very practical for a fighting game, it's interesting to see how the motion can actually be used to the player's advantage.

The background scrolls by as the colossus crawls along, looping between a mountain crevice (depicted) and a number of other scenes that have yet to be decided or implemented.

You are outdoing yourself Razanak7. Maybe for alternate scenes the Colossus can crawl through

1) A valley of flames (where flame pillars like ho oh's or entei are burning on the sides
kind of where cliffs are now)
2) A windy desert-esque area with a sand storm brewing

And will you make the Colossus any bigger than what you have in the preview. It might enhance the scale of the battle.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Preview of the colossus stage...

As you can see, the battle takes place on its back, with the platform rocking back and forth somewhat violently. Aside from it just being different, this was done to recreate one of the core aspects of fighting in SotC; staying on. While it may not be very practical for a fighting game, it's interesting to see how the motion can actually be used to the player's advantage.

The background scrolls by as the colossus crawls along, looping between a mountain crevice (depicted) and a number of other scenes that have yet to be decided or implemented.
woah. that's cool.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
1) A valley of flames (where flame pillars like ho oh's or entei are burning on the sides kind of where cliffs are now)
2) A windy desert-esque area with a sand storm brewing

And will you make the Colossus any bigger than what you have in the preview. It might enhance the scale of the battle.
Interesting. I believe I'll use those.

But, no, I won't be making it bigger. Don't worry though, this won't be the last of my colossus stages.

And I've narrowed down the music to the following:
The Opened Way
A Violent Encounter
In Awe Of The Power
A Despair-Filled Farewell
And a mix I just did today.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
That SotC stage has potential. Make it less bowser-like and more colossus-like and you'll be on the heels of a winner.

Also, try considering a more varied stage layout. One of the things that SotC had everywhere was complex architecture, I think that's something that a stage based upon it ought to have as well.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
That SotC stage has potential. Make it less bowser-like and more colossus-like and you'll be on the heels of a winner.

Also, try considering a more varied stage layout. One of the things that SotC had everywhere was complex architecture, I think that's something that a stage based upon it ought to have as well.
Considering I can't edit vertices, that's as far away from Bowser as you'll get.

And I also pointed out that I'm planning to put more things in the background. Keep in mind that there's a file size limit to work within too.

Edit: *ahem*

F***ING BRAWL BOX CRASHING

The next person that tells me 7 is better than XP is getting shot twice in the face and dumped in the ocean.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
In 7, brawlbox couldn't display 3d models at all for me, no matter what I tried.

Also, didn't know you couldn't edit vertices. That sucks. Is there any model you could use where you could edit vertices?

Also, I meant complex architecture in the stage, I mean, I expect you to do more for the background, what you have is a good mockup. The stage itself is kinda bland, sorry to say it.

In SotC, you had to climb all over **** to get where you wanted to be.

I mean, I can't really criticize, because I can't make stages, so feel free to disregard me.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
In 7, brawlbox couldn't display 3d models at all for me, no matter what I tried.

Also, didn't know you couldn't edit vertices. That sucks. Is there any model you could use where you could edit vertices?

Also, I meant complex architecture in the stage, I mean, I expect you to do more for the background, what you have is a good mockup. The stage itself is kinda bland, sorry to say it.

In SotC, you had to climb all over **** to get where you wanted to be.

I mean, I can't really criticize, because I can't make stages, so feel free to disregard me.
Unfortunately, no vertex editing works for me at all, and I've tried. It pretty much just increased my list of things that don't work for me but do for everyone else.

And while you make a good point, there are only so many things that can be done with a stage like this as far as the actual battlefield goes; if it were any more complicated, it would be almost impossible to maneuver. The background, however, will definitely feature some sort of architecture. Right now I only have an old bridge, but there will surely be more. I just need to find the most efficient way to go about it.

Speaking of which...

The bridge appears right before the crevice area (briefly visible at the beginning) and will hopefully be proceeded by the ruins area. I've also started working on the fiery area, complete with exploding rock piles and plumes of fire. After that will be the desert (an excuse to have a large expanse of nothing and thereby save data space), and only if there's room, possibly another colossus at some point. Any leftover space will simply be used for embellishment and eye candy.

I'll also try editing the lighting (especially making the empty space blue instead of black), but given my track record with trying new things, I don't have high hopes. Speaking of which, again...

I'm still trying to figure out what causes this. I'm almost positive it has to do with Battlefield's sun, despite the fact that I shrunk it down.

And since I know someone wants to ask, I have been working on the boss pack. Progress has just been very slow.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Thumbs up for the Ike Purin hat!

We need to get rid of Purin's curly hair, though.
I should look like Kirby's.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
For that Ike-hair Jigglypuff to look good you're going to have to vertex it to fit the shape of Jiggly's... head?

Speaking of which, I need your help guy. The server where I hosted all my images and files has gone down permanently so I have to reupload all my BrawlVault stuff.

I was wondering if anybody has my May's Hat Jigglypuff vertexture and my MegaPuff X. I can't find them in my BrawlBox folder.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Finally I know how to fix the Freeze when grabbed glitch!

I must remember what I did actually cause I did alot of this on wheelie xD

For that Ike-hair Jigglypuff to look good you're going to have to vertex it to fit the shape of Jiggly's... head?

Speaking of which, I need your help guy. The server where I hosted all my images and files has gone down permanently so I have to reupload all my BrawlVault stuff.

I was wondering if anybody has my May's Hat Jigglypuff vertexture and my MegaPuff X. I can't find them in my BrawlBox folder.
sorry for that D:
and I dont have those either D:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
@Razanak... I love that effing Colossus, when the stage is released, I request permission to release it as a playable Giga Bowser/True Killable GB skin. :3

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009

I'm still trying to figure out what causes this. I'm almost positive it has to do with Battlefield's sun, despite the fact that I shrunk it down.
That's Mario's shadow. The sun or any other model has not got its own texture for any reason (maybe you forgot to include it, it's in a wrong format or the name is wrong), and the previously loaded texture shows in there. That's the TShadow1 texture, in other words, a white shadow in a black background. Just a texture problem.

For the sky, I guess it was in scenedata, in the cameras section where you were able to edit how far the black part is, but I guess you can't change that color. Anyway, you can just use a background model, as big as you need, so the effect you want succeeds.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
That's Mario's shadow. The sun or any other model has not got its own texture for any reason (maybe you forgot to include it, it's in a wrong format or the name is wrong), and the previously loaded texture shows in there. That's the TShadow1 texture, in other words, a white shadow in a black background. Just a texture problem.

For the sky, I guess it was in scenedata, in the cameras section where you were able to edit how far the black part is, but I guess you can't change that color. Anyway, you can just use a background model, as big as you need, so the effect you want succeeds.
I'm aware it's his shadow, my point was that the model was removed and shouldn't be showing anything.

Also, I already tried using a model, and positioning it properly in relation to the draw distance and colour distortions from the lighting has proven to be an undesirable choice. I vaguely recall Rainbow Cruise doing something like this, but that was a long time ago when I drew that conclusion so I'm probably mistaken.

I would just make lighting myself, but I haven't done that yet and would like to put the stage itself together first. In the meantime, I'm working on the fire plumes right now and they should be done by tonight.

@Razanak... I love that effing Colossus, when the stage is released, I request permission to release it as a playable Giga Bowser/True Killable GB skin. :3
Well, I was planning to release it myself, since there are certain animation proportions that go with it. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman

The bridge appears right before the crevice area (briefly visible at the beginning) and will hopefully be proceeded by the ruins area. I've also started working on the fiery area, complete with exploding rock piles and plumes of fire. After that will be the desert (an excuse to have a large expanse of nothing and thereby save data space), and only if there's room, possibly another colossus at some point. Any leftover space will simply be used for embellishment and eye candy.
Good move using eldin bridge, looks like it's right out of SotC.

Try getting someone to help with the vertex or trying it on a different computer.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
were you planning on modeling it after a specific colossus or kinda something original that would fit the sotc theme?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
were you planning on modeling it after a specific colossus or kinda something original that would fit the sotc theme?
The animation model is actually the same one I threw together for my old Mother Brain texture (because I don't really have anything practical to use MB for). So no, it's not based on any in particular.

Also, fire plumes are just about done, so I'll hopefully get some sort of picture ready later.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Making progress with the fire plumes.

The rocks bulge slightly right before the erupt, and then get tossed into the air rather violently. It looks pretty good so far, except for this...

Weird graphical glitches seem to be abundant on this stage. This is typically caused by either modifying the T stance or shrinking certain objects down to 0, so I'll probably be able to fix that soon.

Speaking of abundant glitches, this made me laugh.

Is it just me, or does this look like something out of Galaga?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Making progress with the fire plumes.

The rocks bulge slightly right before the erupt, and then get tossed into the air rather violently. It looks pretty good so far, except for this...

Weird graphical glitches seem to be abundant on this stage. This is typically caused by either modifying the T stance or shrinking certain objects down to 0, so I'll probably be able to fix that soon.

Speaking of abundant glitches, this made me laugh.

Is it just me, or does this look like something out of Galaga?
Turn on all textures in the model viewer and find which polygon and vert set posseses that shadow and either 0 out it's vert set in a hex editor or change it's material value(if it has one) to 3.

That's what I did when the Adventure Island islands were casting shadows 2 character heights above the ground and it worked.

It could work for those other graphical issues too.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Turn on all textures in the model viewer and find which polygon and vert set posseses that shadow and either 0 out it's vert set in a hex editor or change it's material value(if it has one) to 3.
Already tried materials and removed the model. I can't remove polygons though.

Also, the next update should have an actual sky. Hopefully.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Dangit steg, I know I gotta finish it soon.

if only I got my wisdom teeth extracted tomorrow and was incapacitated for the next few days...

so long as m22000 doesn't release all his bk stages before i'm done, i'll coordinate some release with him.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Woo, fixed the problems mentioned before; there's actual sky now, the fire doesn't glitch, and the random shadow has been removed for good.

The sky isn't perfect, but it's better than solid black.

Improved fire pillar. Right now only an orange glow stays behind after the eruption, but I also plan to add black scorch marks.

Lastly, this isn't really an update as much as it is an amusing result of forgetting to change a texture's format. It kept flickering ridiculously even when the snapshot was being saved.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I'm not dead, by the way. I've just been working diligently on Rikku over Marth. I'm having a hard time making his face look feminine haha.

EDIT: Proof I'm not dead

Roo525

Smash Ace
The MDL0 Converter is done. :3
Just in time for summer, Brawl hacking's spike in popularity.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wouldnt that mean you'd have to do the animations allll from scratch x_x
Probably so, but hey. If it means importing models without the huge number of problems you usually have to deal with, then this is certainly better than nothing :D

Well, except for some of your standard problems like being grabbed, picking up items (not always a problem), flash overlay not being transparent, and making the TransN work. I'm curious what problems a converted MDL0 will have in Brawl.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
It's... done?
BLACKJAX DID IT?
Edit: Aww... you can't save or export yet...

Roo525

Smash Ace
Yeah you can. >.>
He just hasn't released it yet silly. >w<

There wont be any bone probs since the models will be imported with more than enough bones to be renamed to things like TransN, TopN, ect.

And who cares about starting animations from scratch?! I do animating better than anyone, so I wont have any problems. >w>

Top Bottom