• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
More progress ;D

http://i.imgur.com/hdERN.png

The shoulders still need work, and the bottom part of the blue clothing is going to be transparent. You'll see you'll see c: Legs done, Shoes done, Sword done, torso 75% complete. What's left: Face, hair, texture! CSP, Moveset, audio (audio will come last.)

EDIT:
Not done yet. Some touchups to do. Hair, Face, shoulders, textures, scarf thing c:

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Don't worry, I'll fix it before the final release.

EDIT: Question, so, let's say I wanted to make the scarf like thing around her arms ( http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp343/PridelessFlower/x2-paine.jpg ) out of Ike's scarf like thing on his cape. Would it be possible to make Ike's scarf like object to move with his upper arms instead of around the top of his shoulders and neck? So I think what I'm asking is, is there any way to attach that object to another bone?

EDIT:EDIT: I was thinking about it, and to further make my question clearer, is it possible to attach certain vertecies to a specific bone? Attaching the object would make the whole thing move with one of his arms, that would be a problem. Should I attach certain vertecies to a specific bone and it would do as I please... If anyone can think of a solution, I would greatly appreciate it.

EDITEDITEDIT: 13 Hours and no responses? :l

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
well ummmm I think it can be done with just vertexing? dosnt the bottom of it already follow the upper arms? so if you just move the vertices of it down wouldnt it look alright?

I dont think you can get it to move with the upper arm bones though, since it is just one polygon, and you would want it to be effected by 2 bones. i know how to attach it to a bone but not two :( its probably do-able because its already affected by 2 shoulder bones but idk how to do it.

the only other thing i could suggest is to make it out of the arm and torso vertices....

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
well ummmm I think it can be done with just vertexing? dosnt the bottom of it already follow the upper arms? so if you just move the vertices of it down wouldnt it look alright?

I dont think you can get it to move with the upper arm bones though, since it is just one polygon, and you would want it to be effected by 2 bones. i know how to attach it to a bone but not two :( its probably do-able because its already affected by 2 shoulder bones but idk how to do it.

the only other thing i could suggest is to make it out of the arm and torso vertices....
I was thinking about making it out of torso vertecies, but it wasn't turning out properly. And the bottom of it is only kinda connected to the upper arms... but this gives me an idea. Since the whole thing is black, texture doesn't necessarily need tootoo much detail, so if I took the bottom part that is attatched to the upper arms, and stretched it down further... I might be in business c:

Edit: Gah. They don't move enough and it ends up looking really awkward. Going to try to make it out of the torso vertecies.

Thaaats not working. Welp, looks like I'm going to try to make her out of Marth instead ;P

Edit : Marth doesnt seem like it'd be possible for him either. God dammit. I'm pissed.

Might as well start on another character. Paine might just get crossed off of my roster of characters. Gonna work on Rikku.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Well here's an idea you could vertex it over the body but just texture it on the arms where it should be. It wouldn't look as good as if the thing could animate correctly but it'd look better then without it.

:phone:

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I tried that, and it was going well until I thought about how I would connect the torso to the arms fluidly. There were not enough vertecies to do this successfully. It's really no big deal :p. I learned throughout this process, and that's what's important. Rikku is on the way, haven't started yet, but she's much more basic, probably more doable. (Final Fantasy X model, btw. Not X-2. I thought she looked dumb in X-2 :l )

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Well this whole thing is a project of mine that I'm hoping to be continuous throughout the rest of this year, and maybe be prepared for a beta release by the fall. But, I'm going to use Marth's model I think because his breastplate can be made into well.. breasts. Pretty successfully at that. I will be basing it off of her Final Fantasy X model (http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/3229/30649/rikku%20age%2015.jpg), and if I get around to it, make an alternate for her of her Final Fantasy X-2 Thief dressphere (http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/6/64/Rikku.jpg). As to what character she will be replacing... I'm not sure yet. The goal of the project is, if you look a few pages back, to replace majority of the characters (I'm going to have a 35 character roster) with Final Fantasy Characters. I'm starting with the more modern characters due to the availability of their 3D Models, makes it easier to vertex. By the time I'm done with the more modern ones, I will probably have learned enough about 3DS Max to make a good looking vertex for some of the older characters (PS1, SNES). For example, Zidane or Freya. Once I compile a complete roster, I currently have 23/35, I will make a thread in hopes for some support, suggestions, testers, and ideas. If you'd like to help, feel free to fire off a PM to me. I could use some testers, seeing as I'm restricted to using an emulator to play. My Wii broke heh. This whole thing is also going to be a learning experience for me. I'm pretty good at texturing, been working with Photoshop for about four years. I've only just recently started getting into model work. Animation and PSA I've never bothered with. Anyway, thats a general idea as to my project. I know I went a little off-topic, but I felt it necessary to explain.. if anyone cares haha.

EDIT: I'm not trying to make a Dissidia clone here. Just Super Smash Bros but with Final Fantasy characters.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Watched Lucahjin's LP of Shadow of the Colossus, made this as a result.

Expect this to be incorporated into a stage as well, and released with a set of animations for Bowser's FS.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
funny thing, I had the idea when my school ended to start an animation project which involved a very large giga bowser, just about SOTC size, and now I see this.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Watched Lucahjin's LP of Shadow of the Colossus, made this as a result.

Expect this to be incorporated into a stage as well, and released with a set of animations for Bowser's FS.
OOoooh, nice.
I'd love to see that as a vertexture for Giga Bowser as well.
Either this or Lava Monster...

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Preview of the colossus stage...

As you can see, the battle takes place on its back, with the platform rocking back and forth somewhat violently. Aside from it just being different, this was done to recreate one of the core aspects of fighting in SotC; staying on. While it may not be very practical for a fighting game, it's interesting to see how the motion can actually be used to the player's advantage.

The background scrolls by as the colossus crawls along, looping between a mountain crevice (depicted) and a number of other scenes that have yet to be decided or implemented.

mariodk

Smash Ace
SSj3 Mario(my First Vertex i ever made):

only thing left to do is better texture at his eyes maybe more vertex and fix that bigger hand(i dont even touched it and it got bigger)

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Preview of the colossus stage...

As you can see, the battle takes place on its back, with the platform rocking back and forth somewhat violently. Aside from it just being different, this was done to recreate one of the core aspects of fighting in SotC; staying on. While it may not be very practical for a fighting game, it's interesting to see how the motion can actually be used to the player's advantage.

The background scrolls by as the colossus crawls along, looping between a mountain crevice (depicted) and a number of other scenes that have yet to be decided or implemented.
That looks really cool, but I'm wonder if you'll have enough space to fit that all in one stage.

Also, the thing that sets Brawl apart is that it's NOT practical, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
B....e....a....utiful....
Speaking of beautiful, I'm having trouble narrowing down the SotC soundtrack into just five songs to accompany the stage. But, then again, how could you?

Oh, and two questions:
First, can anyone here direct me to Mewtwo2000's lighting tutorial?
And second, is it possible to change how far in the camera can move? I would like to use roughly the same distance as in NPC.

Top Bottom