• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Wouldn't Zelda be a better choice?
Trust me on this.

Urrrgh. I extracted the model into .dae format, and now when I import I get this:
http://i.imgur.com/RbADA.png

I press "Cancel" and Link appears as normal. I run the Brawl script and fix the AiS import. It's fine, but then as soon as I start moving it, it freezes. I tested to see if it was 3DS by opening up Peach. Peach works just fine, no problems, no freezing. Anyone have a working Link AiS import I could use?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You know what's weird?
I'm playing Black ATM and a wild Jigglypuff came up O.o

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Update on Wrecked Ship.

I added some new blocks and replaced the crappy 2D background in favour of a WIP series of layered sections like the main stage. It will also feature a Morph Ball'd Samus rolling around in the back/foreground.

There will also be one without her, and a third used specifically for Phantoon's fight.

... Not sure why that orange patch is there, though.
That could be orange lighting from the scenedata... or from a model that's in the light.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Ffm4XEvc4
Bob-ombs instead of Sandbag in WWR. Thank you standardtoaster :)
Hmm. What if you replaced the Bob-ombs with Pokeballs? And you used that code that makes them automatically open when they touch the ground. And also the code that only makes certain Pokemon spawn from them. Then you moved the spawn point and built Saffron City around it (like Mewtwo2000's version).

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
That might actually work, but you'd need to make it activate only whenever someone walks in the door, like in N64... Not sure how that would be done.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I'm considering starting a new project. I can't think of a title for it, but it will basically be replacing all of the characters in Brawl with Final Fantasy characters. Movesets, audio, stages, errthin'. Thoughts?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
That won't be easy to do, but it does sound interesting enough.
Using the more humanoid characters as model bases, and then simply porting the models and animations over other characters with the bone adder... It couldn't be too hard... just time consuming. Anyway, I'll release a character roster later, no love for Cloud though, he's been done already...a lot.

EDIT: Quesiton, is there any way I can edit the "animation" of a T Posed character to, say for example, rotate a dress and keep it rotated?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I have FFX Models if you want them. PM me for them.

You can use them for vertexing purposes. They even have geometry and bones.

I wanna see Auron on one of the characters.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
how do you extract models from games?

i'm trying to get models from Gundam Vs Gundam Next Plus.

it has 1 model i want... that would be God Gundam, or Burning Gundam. need that for future to be modelports.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Depending on the game, there may be an extractor for it.
For FFX, the ffb files it has are basically like .pcs files.
I had to open and extract them using WINRAR. TWICE.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
Well, i've looked everywhere for a specific extractor for this game...

i guess we'll never have gundams in brawl. especially awesome Burning Gundams...

anyway, i might just ask for a Vertex Artist. but not Burning gundam, he has 3 segmented wings. that'll be a ***** to vertex. so i guess Shining Gundam...

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
To fire off my project, I'm using Marth or Ike's model to make Paine http://www.ffcompendium.com/art/x2-painewarrior-a.jpg

Edit: Used Ike's model, and the sword is almost done :). I was gone all night and now I have to complete homework, so I'll continue work on it tomorrow! It's turning out really well!

Sword nearing completion :o. All thats left on the sword is to texture. Gonna start searching for a downloadable model of Paine to use as a reference now :)

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Definitely not, I've seen lots of people making purin hats, and RTB even made super rare ones.

I was trying to make one myself but it always freezes when I choose the stage.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I think it's because brawlscript can't handle smaller mdl0 offsets (likely the number of digits), which also include pikmin and waddles. I've had no luck and mariokart64n's thread for it on kcmm is dead.

someone has to change the script to handle those value.

ddb2 is built off the script so i don't think it can import verts. alternatively, the old vertex method might hold a way.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I still want to hack the hats. I'm getting annoyed because nothing I try works and I have to keep resetting the game to retry.

And the filesize isn't above the expected.

The fact that it only freezes at the beggining of the match probably is the most important fact about this.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
I think it's because brawlscript can't handle smaller mdl0 offsets (likely the number of digits), which also include pikmin and waddles. I've had no luck and mariokart64n's thread for it on kcmm is dead.

someone has to change the script to handle those value.

ddb2 is built off the script so i don't think it can import verts. alternatively, the old vertex method might hold a way.
the old vertex method?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
no scripts, plenty of hex editing, an additional modeling program, with the aid of ddb1

it was annoying and difficult (you only saw the vertex set as vertices and not the model)

honestly, working with the old method would take more effort than just rewriting brawlscript to handle those values.

Top Bottom