• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
We've been over this before. While this thread doesn't explicitly state its purpose or what should be here, its generally accepted that this thread is for people to post things developed using brawlbox as a tool of creation.

This thread is located among topics of psa's, textures, codes and whatnot, and this thread would have no purpose if it was meant to encompass all of those creations made every single minute.

Oddly enough, razanak, your stuff is probably the most appropriate on this thread, as animation hacks can only be done using brawlbox. However, model swaps and even vertex hacks are generally accepted here, seeing as they take much more effort than textures and are more rare.

Point: we don't need 1000 recolors posted on this thread when everyone here makes and expects others to make stuff that takes effort.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
We've been over this before. While this thread doesn't explicitly state its purpose or what should be here, its generally accepted that this thread is for people to post things developed using brawlbox as a tool of creation.

This thread is located among topics of psa's, textures, codes and whatnot, and this thread would have no purpose if it was meant to encompass all of those creations made every single minute.

Oddly enough, razanak, your stuff is probably the most appropriate on this thread, as animation hacks can only be done using brawlbox. However, model swaps and even vertex hacks are generally accepted here, seeing as they take much more effort than textures and are more rare.

Point: we don't need 1000 recolors posted on this thread when everyone here makes and expects others to make stuff that takes effort.
Valid points, but saying textures don't take effort is a bit harsh.

^ MeleeMaster500 I'm Pretty sure he was making a witty/ sarcastic joke... correct me if I'm wrong though :(
*Corrects*

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
Here are some more of my BrawlBox created hacks, which were done after my Galaxy Sonic texture. Most of the work is mine, but some of the hacks do involve vertex edits and texture edits done by LenSho and KAZECoyote.

Sleeveless Amy Rose

Yin-Yang Hands

NSMB Styled Mushroomy Kingdom

Chocobo Falco

Black Mage Link

Fire Rosalina

White Mage Rosalina

Link's Black Mage Cap

Rosalina's White Mage Crown

For more of my hacks, go here or here.
Can i use your ying yang tewture for master hand and crazy hand for my project?
or
can you help me with the textures for my project?
thanks

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'm not going to work on Jill until I get this freaking method to work. I just lost her hat by mistake, and recreating it kind of failed. Anyone else has issues with this new method? It's pissing me off.

Roo525

Smash Ace
I'm not going to work on Jill until I get this freaking method to work. I just lost her hat by mistake, and recreating it kind of failed. Anyone else has issues with this new method? It's pissing me off.
If you cant do it, I cant do it.

Which is a shame, seeing how as I was going to vertex Flandre over Pit.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I saw this texture in the Vault last night, so I did this for no real reason.

If I do end up going somewhere with this, I'll do some fine-tuning to the model.

In Boss Pack news, Majora is being annoying. The A combo is being uncooperative especially; the only times I can get the attacks to chain properly, the collisions don't work for the second and third attacks. Still working on that.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
alright, because I was bored, I edited all of mario's animations to make him flat. I even custom-ly edited most animations where he turns to make him"flip" around (and his dodges make him flat appropriately).

problem is that on some of his animations when on the ground cause his legs to not be flat, for some reason.

I could edit his legs so that they are flat on those animations, but that would also cause mario's legs to still come out of his body, like bended paper.

any idea on making his legs not bend when on the ground, or do you all just want the file now?

(on a partially related note, one reason g&w was hard coded to be flat was probably because of the thrown animations on each character. the animation for how other characters are thrown on a particular moveset are loaded with the character which throws them, aka all of the animations for characters thrown by snake's throws are loaded with snake, because of this set up, game and watch would end up being 3d when thrown if he was not hardcoded to be 2d)

(edit) pics:

this is what the legs do in some animations on the ground:

Razanak7

Smash Ace
problem is that on some of his animations when on the ground cause his legs to not be flat, for some reason.

I could edit his legs so that they are flat on those animations, but that would also cause mario's legs to still come out of his body, like bended paper.
That's a quick fix. Just delete event 18000100 from the animations. That event checks for sloped ground and alters the animation so the legs match. So logically speaking, it would also revert the scale to normal.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
yup, did the trick.

however, at least one of the animations still do it, could another event cause this?

one of which is the side taunt which has the following remaining events:
1F090100 ("undefined: concerns items")
0B000200 ("appears to affect which part of the character's model is displayed")
18010200 ("no description available") <-this probably?
0B000200 ("appears to affect which part of the character's model is displayed")

I hope I didn't delete any events that I shouldn't, 18000100 looks a lot like 18010200, 18010300, and 1A000100...

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
and done

are there any other events that do it also, like 18010300 or 1A000100 or so which I should remove?

or is that essentially it?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Meleemaster, that Paper Mario you have there could actually be turned into a fully-fledged project. With some model adjustments that could be made via vertex hacking, we could actually have Paper Mario in Brawl. o.o

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Awesome Kirby hat! You're really good at vertex hacking...

Uh... this isn't nearly as amazing as any of the stuff in here, nor did it take any hard work...

But how do I make this look more... normal? Would I have to vertex hack it or edit the T-stance animations?

(If you couldn't tell, it's DK's model ported over Jigglypuff. It has no hitbox problems that I know of and can be thrown normally.)

His face is all yellow... how do I fix that?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
2D Mario: http://www.mediafire.com/?w418tc8jgyy4ljn

no gameplay changes, but it might feel a bit weird with new animations

all of his animations are 2D, except when Mario gets thrown

In case anyone wants to replicate this effect for other characters or undo my changes to make him 2D, I simply scaled the YRotN "bone" in brawlbox editor to 0.01 on the X axis for all of his animations* (any smaller and his polygons overlap, any larger and hes not as flat). TransN and XRotN also give this effect, but YRotN hardly animates most of the time and is easier to copy and paste frames.

*except for his results screen animations which are scaled on the Z axis to face the camera and his guard on and guard animations. his guard animations scale his shield as well with TransN XRotN and YRotN, so I scaled his HipN bone on the Z axis and rotated him a bit to stand straight to achieve the same effect.

feel free to further paper mario-ize this with any PSA or edits. a vertex edit could work, but as razanak showed, you can also scale his legs down to nothing and make his body disproportionate via animations. (I rotated his head on a few animations, to be more paper mario-ish)

rest of pics:
http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/users/1879?search=paper+mario

Top Bottom