• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
To add to this, you can't model swap Kirby hats that DO affect Kirby's model.

Now, since Lucario's cap only has one texture slot, and doesn't affect Kirby's model, it's usable by ALL the Kirby color slots.
but it's pink.

and moonside: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo9jdRqbdnA

Here's my stage Ashley's Mansion. Songs used Ashley's Song and Ashley's Song (JP)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBiw21rU3Ss

My data was originally erased so I tried to build this off of memory.
But, this is a hacking thread. about brawlbox. why is this here? -___-

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
yo segtendo how do you make custom words on the cpu difficulty. do i just open the MiscData[110] in brawl box or what do i do when i open it?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
grrrr another attemp foiled

everything looked good until i applied animations =[

I'll try again tmrw!

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Ive almost got it working!! =3

NICE StarWaffle! Now we can have a one-slot Espio over Sonic. All you have to do now is make a texture, then vertex Sonic's nose out, then put some sort of horn on his head.

BANG!

Espio the Chameleon.

Oh, and I am currently working on this:

This is just a teaser. My first project ever. Needs moar vertex hax. =_=
You can take an easy guess at who it is. I'll take more pics later.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I DID IT! my first vertex hack =] its all finished and i'll release it tmrw, just gotta find a way to try it in game =[

n64billy

Smash Ace
If the ears are pink for the default outfit, they'll also be pink for the other colors, since all the Kirby color slots use the exact same Lucario cap.
Which is why GW made it white in the release.
Just edit the model to load the skin texture from Kirby's model..? So no matter what colour/texture kirby you have, it would be applied to the hat...?

Also...

Metaknights wings had a bit of a hard time... only the bone is left... however for some strange reason, the vertecies weights are still affected by certain animations.. any ideas to fix this?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Metaknights wings had a bit of a hard time... only the bone is left... however for some strange reason, the vertecies weights are still affected by certain animations.. any ideas to fix this?
Make the skin bit of his wings transparent through textures?

Piks

Smash Journeyman

The upper body sucks. And I didn't take much effort in mapping my textures on (especially the pants), But I just wanted to get a preview out :J

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Anyone care to explain the new method to me?
Also, @Pik and BigSharkz
Can't wait!
Who is Quote over?
Thanks, and here's a guide that Pik wrote from me, through remote assistance. It's the only thing that works for me. It's clear and easy to understand, and is not a freaking video tutorial (I hate those..)

1. Import .DAE file you got from AIS. (make sure 'put on up-axis" is checked)
2. Click 'fix AIS import"
3. Edit anything you want

.::pATCHING::.

4. Once finished with the vertex edits, import the raw vert set of the polygon you want to insert.
5. Import it using MarioKart's script
6. While selecting the edited polygon, go to 'morpher' and press H.

Now pick the raw set and drag it up to 100%

Un-tick "read offset from file" and insert it yourself.

7. Export the verts to the desired MDL0

.::FIRST PATCH COMPLETE::.

Most of the time, a first patch isn't enough, You see the basics of your edits applied, but it may be asymmetrical or a bit warped. Double patching should fix *most* of this. (not all of it though!)

Second patch:

With the MDL0 loaded in brawlbox, export the BRRES again and convert it. (probably should be in a different directory than the first .dae)

8. Import the .dae into the max scene. Don't get rid of your previous patch.

9. Select your first patch's polygon again! This time, unheck the 'edit mesh' bulb and morph it to the newly imported corresponding polygon.

10. Export, but make sure you restore the original model in BrawlBox. Or close out of it. Basically, just get rid of any existing processes loading and you'll be fine.

Love, Pik

Piks

Smash Journeyman
One thing I should note though: when importing for the Double Patch, don't check import on up-axis.

It screws up for me otherwise. Only do it the first time.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks for telling me that. Also, what do you think of Tetra so far? I need a bit of help on the legs and hair, though, as I did them in a different way than last time.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I am in dire need of someone to take pictures of my character in game for me 10 pictures would be great. I need to see if it works in game... i think there might be a trextures problem or something =[ so if someone could do this for me that would be great, pm me asap so i can release it soon.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'd help if I could get Gecko OS to work.

Also, I'm stupid, I vertex hacked the sword to look like her sheathe..

Lol, it should be pointy.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Are you pasting Isaac's hair on Ike, or editing vertices to make it look like that?
So far it's just a paste of Isaac's hair with a vertexed sword. Either I need to find out how to vertex properly, or someone's going to have to help vertex Ike's hair into Isaac's for a one-slot Ike clone.

I am currently working on porting Isaac's model onto Ike, but it did not turn out well so far. It still has the "FinalSmashEye model" glitch, where it's only visible when having the Smash Ball. Then aslo, the TransN bone and HipN bones were not in the same indexes as Ike's, so I had to freaking rename them, causing the model to look ******** and distorted in-game. =_=

Remember, Isaac over Ike = MY.FIRST.PSA/PROJECT.EVER. I actually caught on to PSA and Animating very quickly. I'm already near amateur with them. I mostly taught myself how to do so, with little help (needed to know numbers for certain GFX and such).

Top Bottom