• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Well, :ohwell: you blew mine out of the water.
I don't like to continue hacks that other people put effort in. However, I've been revamping my Quote since the ASH days: It's nothing personal, as this was started before yours.

I did like yours too though. I don't see why both can't exist.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
does anybody know a good vertex hacking guide. i just don't understand all those random dots.
i really want to start a zekrom or dark samus vetex.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
lol btw random thing, i patched charizard 5 times before he looked right o.o

also how do i apply textures in 3ds?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
StarWaffle, GameWatching, and Piks = Greatest vertex hackers I've ever seen. Applause O-O
Hey hey! What about me and my Tetra? :(

Talking about that, anyone knows how to do a triple patch? Double patching almost fixed Tetra's hair, so we need to go further that.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Hey hey! What about me and my Tetra? :(

Talking about that, anyone knows how to do a triple patch? Double patching almost fixed Tetra's hair, so we need to go further that.
I'm assuming you just patch it the same way you double patched.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Nope, patching again just makes it like if I patched it once.

And StarWaffle was online an hour ago, missed him, sadly.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
i'm here, but i am using the das donkey vertexbox2 so idk if its the same as your method.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah. Sorry.

StarWaffle, GameWatching, Piks, BEYONDYOU, and BIGSHARKZ = Greatest I've ever seen vertex.
Mewtwo2000 and BigSharkZ = Awesome Stage hackers.

If there was an easier way, I would try at vertex hacking. But since there isn't... =/. I know it's not that difficult, but I'm afraid of messing steps up in the process.

I'm just a PSA-er and animator. Amateur....... (like word, y'knawmean? xD)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Textures dont apply on all daes (namely through the converter included in the new ddb pack) but the regular ais should apply the textures when you import it, so long as the textures are all named normally in the same folder.

patching is a confusing process, as for my newest success:

I went through about half way with mariokart's script method (after many trials and errors), and found a way to avoid multiple patches through manual translation of moved verticies (specifically, the verticies not moved to the verticies that did move. This worked for the head/headband polygons I was working on, as they had a lot of trouble and didn't seem to work with patches, but most general things should work, I assume.

also, we won't know how vertexers stack up until it becomes a more accessible process. But generally those with more experience with 3ds and other animation/modeling software will have some good skill. Currently, it just comes down to anyone that CAN actually edit models.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Wait, I just noticed something. You all do not use the 3ds Max Trial, right, since you've been vertex hacking for more than a month? Because 3ds Max costs over $3,000 dollars, so....

n64billy

Smash Ace
Wait, I just noticed something. You all do not use the 3ds Max Trial, right, since you've been vertex hacking for more than a month? Because 3ds Max costs over $3,000 dollars, so....
Arrgghh... yee be welcomed to the Captins Cabin me harty! Harr Harr Harr Harr!
(Translation: Welcome to the internet... Enjoy your stay with the pirates...)

EDIT: By the way... 3DS Max 8 (What I'm using now) was released in 2005.... Autodesk currently only provides the latest version on their site, which happens to be 2011...

ON TOPIC: I'm about to rediscover how hard animation is... Wish me luck...
for Klonoa's sake...

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
actually not quite true since my trial of 3DS max 8 expires today....

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I think you'll find it hard to continue using 3ds max 8 after the trial period (oddly most things to "continue" it don't work)

max 9 on the other hand, is fully supported as well and can be "extended" much easier

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks, and Akari_Un told me that in order to "triple" patch, I needed to double patch, then import the patched DAE file, edit the vertices that didn't work, and patch it again. This will be pretty hard to do, as a lot of the hair got different. Unless, of course, there's a faster way.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yeah, but if I recall correctly Mariokart's script only works in 8. Someone would have to make another version for 9.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks, and maybe I could make them a bit bigger. Also, what was the issue you had? If it's about the wind affecting the bones, you can either remove the fact that the bones are affected by it (However, it will affect all slots), or, like we plan on doing, rename all the bones so they're not affected.

johnovision160

Smash Cadet
Everybody has evil twins...

You guy's like? This is my first Vertex hack by the way and It literally took me ages to finally get the hang of the new method lol. Razanka did the Blood Falcon Texture for me awhile back, incase you were just wondering.

BTW HI I'm johnovision and I'm new here XD

Matteron

Smash Ace
Everybody has evil twins...
-blood falcon

You guy's like? This is my first Vertex hack by the way and It literally took me ages to finally get the hang of the new method lol. Razanka did the Blood Falcon Texture for me awhile back, incase you were just wondering.

BTW HI I'm johnovision and I'm new here XD
Really nice job, the only problem is that the spikes are a bit too big other than that, it's amazing.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Pikazz, can you help me triple patching? I'm having problems doing it. We could try it out in Remote Assistance. As for your problem, maybe you're missing a step. You should look at Pik's guide that I posted a few pages back (2 pages, I think).

BeyondYou

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, and maybe I could make them a bit bigger. Also, what was the issue you had? If it's about the wind affecting the bones, you can either remove the fact that the bones are affected by it (However, it will affect all slots), or, like we plan on doing, rename all the bones so they're not affected.
Well, it wasn't the bones. I started making Tetra literally as soon as MarioKart64n made his first tutorial on the new method. IDK what was wrong but it always got messed up after patching. I probably could redo Tetra now, but you look you got it man. :)

I know this hasn't been shown here but:

I have fallen in love with BeyondYou. (No homo) :laugh:
XD lol

You showed this here before I did. But thanks man, I'm glad you like it.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Okay so i have 2 saved files. i edited them both, on the same polygon. is there any way to say, highlight a portion of verteices, copy them. paste them to the other save file and morph it? i dont want to have to re-do the arm :\

Top Bottom