• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I have a bit of experience using 3ds. you can't copy and paste parts of two polygons together (and have it work for brawl). there are some modifiers, however, to move the verticies of one polygon to another shape.

Your best bet is to see if you can load in one of the polygons (or if you can, only the verticies that you edited) into the other's morpher modifier, which should probably allow you to somehow move the verticies to that of the other.

Morpher is normally good for making multiple copies of an object so that you can turn it from one thing into another, like giving expressions to faces. But if you load the verticies in that you don't want moved, then those will be morphed to match the loaded polygon in every way.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
Mirroring this vid here, please watch. I notice some are using the advanced techniques I posted about a few months ago. and it's nice to see peple creations come along as far as they are now :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXeXMmzlsk

by the way, you are not limited to max8(2005) your limited by the collada plugin. someone reported correct import in max2010, using its default plug.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Mirroring this vid here, please watch. I notice some are using the advanced techniques I posted about a few months ago. and it's nice to see peple creations come along as far as they are now :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXeXMmzlsk
Thanks for that.. It's good to have it finally cleared up

EDIT: What's with the vertex weighting? I'd REALLY like to edit those... (I never knew 3DS has weights..)
Are the buttons meant to be greyed out?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

if you couldnt tell the texture was made in mspaint just to show who it was o.o. i finished the vertexs but now i need to texture him =]

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Pikazz, can you help me triple patching? I'm having problems doing it. We could try it out in Remote Assistance. As for your problem, maybe you're missing a step. You should look at Pik's guide that I posted a few pages back (2 pages, I think).
triple patching?, I just repeat double patching with the second failure in your guide xD but still no luck D:
sure, can try to help :3
and believe i didn't miss one step :/ I followed that guide step by step :/
this is what I want

this is what I get

a shield ;D
awesome but still failure

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, Pikaaz, if it doesn't work for you either, then nevermind.

Gamewatching, think you can help me this time?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I've heard the term "partial size mod" thrown around a bit. Is that just editing an animation in brawl box? or is there a way to mod the bones so they only effect 1 slot?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
GameWatching, it's the fact that I need to "triple patch". Double patching almost fixes the vertices, but not fully.

And StarWaffle, that's a code to edit the size of a character's bones. That's how I made Bowser Jr., Baby Mario, or Mewtwo.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I've heard the term "partial size mod" thrown around a bit. Is that just editing an animation in brawl box? or is there a way to mod the bones so they only effect 1 slot?
Partial Size Mod is how most people resized bones before BrawlBox came out.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Yup, before we could edit animations, people could use the partial size modifier code to scale some stuff. The easy way to do so now is to edit the scale of bones in the animation files via brawlbox's animator.

I heard you can make it "one slot" by adding bones to a particular pcs of a character, and making the animation file only work with the particular bones that the "one slot" character has.

Scaling bones make the skeleton look much more natural than using vertex edits to scale parts down, but model edits are truly "one slot"

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I know. I was just giving the term, because I don't know any other. You get my point. I need help after double patching.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
You're not on MSN, StarWaffle. And, GameWatching, the hat does work. Well, it worked for me, and LookItsLink, and StarWaffle, etc.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
send it to me on here, there are people using the computers in the teen lounge, and i cant run msn on here for some reason

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Any chance someone here knows how to fix models attaching to bones? I replaced Samus's gun, and the model animates just fine and whatnot. But, it attaches to the center of the stage.

I recall hearing somewhere that this can be fixed, so if it can, I really need to know how.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Sent the PM, StarWaffle. Also, GameWatching, to make Tetra, I edited everything, and I didn't get your results. The hat works perfectly, it's just some parts of the hair that got messed up a bit.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Nice, but I don't really know who that is, as I've never watched Power Rangers before. Not once. I just know about the name, and that there's a pink, red, black, green, and blue one.

Anyway, did you get the file?

Top Bottom