• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Combovid (of actual games, not setup):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9j5RyCDb-0

Nice Comeback:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_MBCFNKZU8

---

Stupid things I have heard about Brawl+
1. It's trying to be melee:
[16:27] <@leafgreen386> if it was brawl trying to be melee, it'd have wavedashing >_>
[16:27] <@leafgreen386> but since it's not brawl trying to be melee, a whole host of things are actually different between the two games

2. General complaints that x character is overpowered: This is just like when melee came out and people thought Roy was better than Marth. Come on guys, you are better than this.

3. General assertions about the game... after playing it for some insignificant period of time and still on a relatively low skill level: Think about it, if some newb came and said "Sheik is alright but she can't kill" about melee what would you think? I know that if someone said that to me my face would meet my palm.

---

Since my final uni exams finish tommorrow I will have more time to try and promote Brawl+. Expect some meets at my place (I am working on a new setup that will be really cool :D) and perhaps I will provide money for a pot in a few of next years cw events to try and stimulate some competition.

Another thing: If people don't know how to get Homebrew channel (and thus Brawl+) on their Wii. Talk to me on msn and I can point you to the right places. (robert_plasia@hotmail.com)

S.D

Smash Master
Do people still play Brawl+?

What version are they up to now?

I haven't seen it at any big tournaments since APEX. So promising but idk it doesn't seem to be embraced so much these days.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Brawl+ hasn't really started in Australia yet. It needs to be kickstarted and the best way I can think of is to have Brawl+ meets. These only happen if people host them. If people don't end up liking Brawl+ that's fine, but they need to have a proper try and there needs to be the proper exposure for it to have a chance. I believe Brawl+ is good enough to be given a proper chance in the Australian smash competitive circuit.

Brawl+ is up to 5.0 Release Candidate 1 or 5.0rc1 for short.

For tournament information in the US go here:
http://brawlplus.net/upcoming-large-tournament-llhs-mana-btl2/#more-484

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I love Brawl+ but considering all the PAL coders are MIA we're doomed to stay on 4.1

The main problem I can see running a Brawl+ tournament is set-ups some people don't have/want their Wii's hacked and that could reduce numbers and cripple the tourney, not to mention people who don't have it will most likely not want to enter as they have no prior experience.

I'll gauge the response in Perth and try hosting it as a side event.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Brawl+ Gold has been released!

http://brawlplus.net/download/

Do you need homebrew channel? No you don't! "Pre-made SD pack for No-Homebrew Users" is what you want to download. Simply put that on your SD card, put it in your wii, launch brawl normally then go into Stage Builder. (For no-homebrew method you can't have any custom stages on your SD card).

Are there character forums? Yes! http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=221 Look for the ones that are <character name>+ ie: Sonic+

Can you do awesome things? Yes, watch this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLj3Xid58wE

Is the majority of the cast playable? Yes, unlike melee and brawl you can use more than a small fraction of the cast viably in competition.

Are there advanced techniques? Yes there are many.

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

I may see if I can run a tournament next couchwarriors. I will provide $100 for first prize or something. It depends on if anyone is going to play though and if I can find a time slot which doesn't interfere with me running SF4/SF3

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Supposibly it is.
Hence the gold release title theyve knacked onto it.

Still slightly disappointed at the hitlag reduction (removing SDI tech skill thats really important in brawl).
And it seems theyve let snake get pretty amazing kill set ups with his ftilt to sticky c4 lol...

OH, and they supposibly nerfed Marth like 50000000 times.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Yes it is a proper release, not a beta.

Shaya, have you tried Brawl+ Gold Marth? I'm looking for these nerfs you mention and my conclusion is that you're making stuff up :p

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well when I kept my eyes on the boards over there,
every other week was:

Oka we are making marths fair slower,
reducing his aerial mobility
making him fall faster so he gets combod easier
reducing his damage output because its too OP
making his recovery from dolphin slash not go as vertically so he gets gimped more easily
reduce the size of his sweetspot at the ledge so lolololol
marth can do two aerials in one JUMP? better ****ing change that!

to summarise what Ive read about his changes over time:
LETS TAKE MARTH AND TURN HIM INTO IKE WITH A SHORTER SWORD AND LESS KILL POWER XD.
<3

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
You've obviously never played Marth in Gold.

"Well when I kept my eyes on the boards..." -> how long ago is this?

Pretty rediculous having an opinion on something that you've never played.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Im not being overly serious about my posts here though. There was definitely a time (pre-gold, around the times they were saying this would be one of the last changes to marth before gold) when a lot of the things in general were being thrown around as required changes/nerfs.
I havent played gold, no.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well when I kept my eyes on the boards over there,
every other week was:

Oka we are making marths fair slower, Removed.
reducing his aerial mobility Removed.
making him fall faster so he gets combod easier Removed, IIRC. If not, partially undone.
reducing his damage output because its too OP Still in for reasons stated, but he still has decent DPS.
making his recovery from dolphin slash not go as vertically so he gets gimped more easily Never happened, or if it did, it sure as hell isnt in anymore.
reduce the size of his sweetspot at the ledge so lolololol Set previous statement.
marth can do two aerials in one JUMP? better ****ing change that! Fought for that and that was removed.

to summarise what Ive read about his changes over time:
LETS TAKE MARTH AND TURN HIM INTO IKE WITH A SHORTER SWORD AND LESS KILL POWER XD.
<3
Responses in red.

I'd also like to add in that Dolphin Slash has a larger reverse hitbox, and has more horizontal range (and a slight vertical range reduction to nerf walling)

Soooooo.....ya

Marth is as legit as possible for this release. Rarth is no longer.

lurkmoar shaya. <3

See you in MGD. :V

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Marths DS has invincibility, does 999% damage and hits everywhere on the stage and comes out in 1 frame. Happy now?

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Snakes Ftilt > C4 is just ******** >_>
That combo works if you a) they don't tech or b) they're at high percent.

Making "x is ********" calls when you don't know the game... you should really know better than that.

There are quite a few misconceptions around Brawl+. Try the game for a significant period of time before trashing it, learn the game before you burn it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yay! <3

Wait, does Marths dolphin slash still not have invincibility? :p

It has invincibility. Just not frame 1-5. It's on 5 only. Meaning that it still beats out anything as long as you have enough time to have the hitbox come out. So it's still **** OOS.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'd also like to add that the "Sakurai" Angels on Marth's Fsmash, Counter, and Nair 2 Tipped (and a few other moves for KOing, I THINK) have been changed with 30-45 degree angles.

A Sakurai Angel (361 in PSA) is basically an angle with an Auto-DI attribute. As the percents raise, so does the angle of launch. Brawl is littered with them, and Marth isnt an exception.

This means that Fsmash, Tipped Nair 2, and Counter all kill better. :V

Oh. And untipped Bair is a semi-spike of sorts. And the hitboxes of Fsmash make more sense. V:

I could go on. rofl.

EDIT: sorry about the double post. it's 6:15 AM -0600. ROFL. I'm going to bed.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
The only way it will work for those that don't own US Brawl is with DVD-Rs and homebrew shenanigans. Which we are probably not allowed to talk about.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I am playing something else. It's called Brawl+. :V

Now leave the thread if you dont like the game. All you're doing is creating unwanted hostility with an over-used and really "bad" statement.

Sieg

Smash Champion
But I like Brawl +

It combines awesome gameplay with Brawl's ability to customize everything to how you like it.

Need more Brawl + tournies.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
If we need more anything its 64 tournaments.
Although am i correct in assuming brawl + has Squirtle without fatigue?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yeah brawl+ isnt meant to be a fix.
its meant to be a different style of game that people appreciated from melee.

Its not meant to be melee either.
<3 Shaya

If we need more anything its 64 tournaments.
Although am i correct in assuming brawl + has Squirtle without fatigue?
Squirtle, Ivy, Zard, all have no fatigue and they can be play as "wild" pokemon aka by themselves or as a whole with PT.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
My bank account is currently very happy. If this happiness continues I'll do a $100 pot Brawl+ tournament at the next couch warriors. $75 1st, $25 2nd or something like that.

I hope that inspires some people to give Brawl+ a proper go. Otherwise it's my money down the drain.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You should do it where like 10% of all the entry fees goes towards a grand pot and you do a series of tourneys and after said series, you determine what top 10/15/xxxxx/ players get to do a sort of play off for the collected money in like a super bias split of like 80/15/5

or something. :V

Dekar289

Smash Hero
plasia i dun care how rich you are (<-- not true, if you win the lottery idc) you shouldn't be putting ur own money into a brawl+ pot <3

just run a tourney, most will enter

time is the real issue

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I would come to a brawl+ tournament :p
But I havent played the thing in so long golden heartttttttttttttt, what do i dooooooooooo?

can i just be brawl marth with some epic crouch cancelled dtilts all over this joint?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
well there is no crouch canceling. you can dash cancel dtilt if that's what you mean.

you can play like brawl marth if hitstun wasnt cancelable i guess. i dont know how far that will bring you though.

but if you spam SHFFL Fair and grab alot, while playing Brawl marth with dash canceled dtilts, you can gooo a long way.

Top Bottom