• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
well there is no crouch canceling. you can dash cancel dtilt if that's what you mean.

you can play like brawl marth if hitstun wasnt cancelable i guess. i dont know how far that will bring you though.

but if you spam SHFFL Fair and grab alot, while playing Brawl marth with dash canceled dtilts, you can gooo a long way.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So pretty much how I was playing Marth in ye ol brawl+?

Thats good then.
Yeah I meant dash cancelling :p

What was his uair changes again?
And did you guys remove tripping from moves?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well he still play different than before.

Uair juggles good with way less KO power and is not a good move to use on an opponent at low percents.

And tripping from moves is still in. It's just that they'll happen less wit the sakurai angles being gone.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I guess I need to figure out some brawl+ stages and rulesets and so on to use as the standard for Australian Brawl+

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, the brawl+ try-out tourney this cw is on!

When? I don't know, I'll need to work out a time.

Version we will be playing is 7.0.2 Gold.

I'll post stage details tommorrow. There'll be a printout on the day so people get it right.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Hey guys, the brawl+ try-out tourney this cw is on!

When? I don't know, I'll need to work out a time.

Version we will be playing is 7.0.2 Gold.

I'll post stage details tommorrow. There'll be a printout on the day so people get it right.
If you're going to use that version, be sure to get the Tumble Glitch Fixed. :V

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Neutrals:
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 2
Battlefield
Smashville
Warioware

Counterpick:
Yoshi Island
Lylat
Skyworld
Pokemon Stadium
Delfino Plaza
Port Town Aero Dive
PictoPlus

Edit: I will run the tourney at approximately 2:30 (aka when I get knocked out of SF3)

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
I played brawl+ the other day.

Was pretty cool, I ended up beating viva (ended up losing to him in real brawl, so whatever)

The only change I could notice was that some of the moves were faster and a lot of them had more hit-stun or whatever (It was harder to control my character after being hit).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
What's MK like in brawl plus? what kind of changes were made?
He's a shadow of his former self.

Fair has less range. Dthrow sends backwards. Nair is slower and hits once. Nado has more hit lag and cant rise and can be beaten out by any projectile and disjointed normal. Ground Up B has no invicibility. Up B in general cant kill. Dsmash can't kill. Side B has less priority. Dair angle doesnt work for him as well.

Only buff to MK was being able to activate the slash in Down B whenever you want. :V

Hilariously enough, He's still a top tier. Top 10. Generally because all of his aerials have less landing lag and hitstun allows him to combo like a ******.

Too bad he cant kill well. V:

I played brawl+ the other day.

Was pretty cool, I ended up beating viva (ended up losing to him in real brawl, so whatever)

The only change I could notice was that some of the moves were faster and a lot of them had more hit-stun or whatever (It was harder to control my character after being hit).
Glad you enjoyed it bro. V:

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
Idk, people say Brawl+ is like melee, but it really seems a lot more like the original.

Okay, so I've never played melee, but whatever.

I just love the fact that there are loads more combos and that the match goes a lot faster.

Who's top tier/bottom tier in Brawl+?

Also, anyone played Brawl-? It looks like a lot of fun.

Any chance there might be a tourney in either of those sometime soon?

Pete278

Smash Lord
A Brawl- tournament, though hilarious, probably wouldn't be the most serious competition, mostly since the project isn't anywhere near completion yet, and some characters (namely those that have entered 'beta' stage) would **** everything else out of the water. :p

I'm still an advocate for running Brawl+ if we ever get the finished version here, though.

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
I'll get to recording and uploading replays soon.

We didn't finish the tourney, seems to be the theme for that cw.

3. Splice, C~Dog, Shaya (Shaya was in grand final winners to play the winner of Splice and C~Dog)
4. Tibs
5. Toshi
5. Dekar (forfeit)
7. Jei
7. Afropony
9. Unlucky
9. Atticus
9. Ledge
9. Timic
13. Redact (forfeit)
13. Plasia (l2p)
13. Vermi
13. Mikul

I really hope that Brawl+ is taken up as a side tourney. I can't run it again, I had to forfeit matches in other games and I was naughty and skipped running SSFIV brackets.

Brawl+ is a lot more exciting when people don't play it like Brawl (ie: throw into stand around lolol). Hopefully people get into it and start doing the cool things that Brawl+ allows.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
i think the only match saved was me getting tech chased to nine`d by G&W like 50 times.
Baahahhaah that was so ****ing hilarious!!!

GET RAAAPED

EDIT: brawl+ is awesome, Kirby can combo so well O: lol utilt

Top Bottom