• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ WITHOUT HOMEBREW RELEASED! (Thanks Comex) (Video UP!)

Zye84

Smash Cadet
ok, I tried using the pack, I thought you said the code that makes custom stages not available was in it? My game froze on the stage select. I don't know how or where to input any codes..

EDIT: I tried inputting the no custom stages code with all the info you had on that other thread you linked to, still no go. I figured I'd have a problem with this while no one else does.

Zye84

Smash Cadet
yeah, I just got it and it works fine. now, I do have a fewthings to say tho..I think the hit stun is a little high, it took forever to get out of flailing by a slightly strong hit, causing me to fall with _samus_. I wasn't that used to it at that time, but still, it causes the heavy chars to not be able to recover at all hardly. For example, I hit Ganny with Marth's Dancing Blade at low percentages and he didn't really have a chance to recover. And I'm guessing the CPU doesn't know how to compensate with the difference of hitstun, because Snake was absolutely horrible in recovery. It's definitely a lot more fun to play as Yoshi and Ganondorf though. Oh yeah, Pit's grab range is ridiculously short..he's not that fast to compensate like C. Falcon is..I was wondering if there's going to be any fixes in hitboxes for grabs and such. Ganon's grab reach should be more than C. Falcon's too, I think, since he doesn't have the running speed to have a wide range to grab like he does.

I did think it was really funny I could knock out ZSS with two super missiles! XD a littile much tho! I think she was at 60 or 70% somewhere along those lines. Sonic rocks on Brawl+ too! I was actually having trouble with him against my Samus.

I think i still prefer the defensive game that Brawl itself has, I'm more of a defensive fighter...I think anyways. It doesn't seem like it in some ways.. I would like to try Balanced Brawl at some point, to see if i like that better, but I'd rather sta away from hacking myself, it would be nice if something like this pack came out for that.

Oh, also, was the hit-L-when-you-hit-the-ground-after-hit recovery move (forgot the name, sorry) made easier to do? Maybe I just got used to it finally..

EDIT: something else i noticed, the c-stick doesn't like to be used or something..I had a LOT of lag using samus and trying to do a move after another. I tried without the c-stick too, but it was still present a little.

EDIT2: ok, maybe there just need to be more of a timed input thing going on, cuz if i do it right it does fine. But, was it necessary to get rid of Stale Moves altogether? it feels rather cheap doing the same move over and over..maybe just reduce the effects some? I do agree stale moves were too much orriginally, but not having them at all makes kills too easy.

Zye84

Smash Cadet
yeah. = ] How long will it take for them to compensate? Even marth acts stupid after he gets hit. XD I wasn't trying to complain, just giving some feedback...

comex

Smash Rookie
you could probably get rid of the smash service stages by clearing vault data.

Of course, that will also get rid of snapshots and replays.

Banks

Smash Hero
is the first download different than the nightly build 5.0 link at the bottom

(idk anything about brawl+, i assume 5.0 is beta or something)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
is the first download different than the nightly build 5.0 link at the bottom

(idk anything about brawl+, i assume 5.0 is beta or something)
Yes, I recommend the 4.1 build since it works :ohwell:

Meta Jay

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if there was a list of changes made to the textures, since I can see that there's a texture pack or something included with the other files.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Would this run Brawl+ just like it would using any other method? :o

(and would anyone be willing to let me use their gamingexposed account? I get an error on lal of my browsers...)

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Would this run Brawl+ just like it would using any other method? :o

(and would anyone be willing to let me use their gamingexposed account? I get an error on lal of my browsers...)
The problem is that Bannerbomb does not rumn gecko os successfully, unlike this

S l o X

Smash Champion
This may be the only thing making me want to undust my Brawl disk and get my SD card.

I've already downloaded everything needed besides the stacksmash. Would someone mind uploading that to MU or Rapidshare? ;_; Can't register to GE.

S l o X

Smash Champion
GE needs a normal registration field or w/e. Good job with this though, I may not know much but this seems like a success from the responses.

Google Chrome was the problem.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
Get Stacksmash here, I barely have any time so this is the only official place and legal place to get StackSmash:
http://gamingexposed.com/releases/wi...-released.html
Is there anywhere else I can get Stacksmash for this method of using Brawl+? I tried getting it from the link above, but site membership is required. I tried to register lots of times, but the site never sends me the activation e-mail (and it's not because of a junk filter, I turned it off), so I can't download via that link.

Thanks to anyone who will help! I tried Brawl+ for the first time last night via this exploit, and it was very fun! Now I'd like to play Balanced Brawl as well... Someone care to link me there before I go search for it?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Is there anywhere else I can get Stacksmash for this method of using Brawl+? I tried getting it from the link above, but site membership is required. I tried to register lots of times, but the site never sends me the activation e-mail (and it's not because of a junk filter, I turned it off), so I can't download via that link.

Thanks to anyone who will help! I tried Brawl+ for the first time last night via this exploit, and it was very fun! Now I'd like to play Balanced Brawl as well... Someone care to link me there before I go search for it?
My installer for Brawl+ includes an option to install Brawl+ without homebrew (aka Comex's exploit)...

Balanced Brawl basically is pre-packaged with Comex's exploit ready to go.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
Balanced Brawl is in Comex's installer in addition to Brawl+? How do I play Balanced Brawl instead of Brawl+, then? Or are you saying Brawl+ is balanced enough...? Sorry, I'm still new at hacking SSBB. :dizzy:

Also, I still don't know how to get Stack Smash / use customized skins on characters via this exploit... I'd really like to get the necessary files to be able to do that.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Balanced Brawl is in Comex's installer in addition to Brawl+? How do I play Balanced Brawl instead of Brawl+, then? Or are you saying Brawl+ is balanced enough...? Sorry, I'm still new at hacking SSBB. :dizzy:

Also, I still don't know how to get Stack Smash / use customized skins on characters via this exploit... I'd really like to get the necessary files to be able to do that.
I didn't say that lol, Balanced Brawl =/= Brawl+

All I said was Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl use the same exploit to run itself: StackSmash by comex. However, Brawl+ can also be launched by Gecko OS in The Homebrew Channel.

Brawl+ comes in a Windows program that installs it, which includes Comex's StackSmash,

Balanced Brawl comes in a ZIP file with itself and Comex's StackSmash in it too.

Brawl+ uses both its GCT and PAC files to run, and Balanced Brawl only uses its own GCT to run.

To switch over from Brawl+ to Balanced Brawl, delete all of the PAC files that came with Brawl+, and download the Balanced Brawl GCT, and replace the Brawl+ RSBE01.gct with the Balanced Brawl RSBE01.gct

Although if you have any questions about Balanced Brawl, I suggest you ask in their thread about it, as I'm not gonna answer any more questions about Balanced Brawl past this point and leave it to Amazing Ampharos/Thinkaman.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for that answer, Bionic Sonic, that's just the info I needed. :)

Now, if I could just figure out how to use custom skins for characters and levels...? Can anyone help me with that?

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I have been skimming some pages, but I have one question. I am going to download brawl+ and put it in my friend's sd drive (replaced Balanced Brawl's program) but I am little concerned about few things..

Can we play PSA characters from SD or is it require HomeBrew?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I have been skimming some pages, but I have one question. I am going to download brawl+ and put it in my friend's sd drive (replaced Balanced Brawl's program) but I am little concerned about few things..

Can we play PSA characters from SD or is it require HomeBrew?
As long as you use the Disable Custom Stages code, you can have custom characters with Brawl+. However, I suggest that you use the Clone Engine so that you can play normal Brawl+ and Brawl+ with PSA characters.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
PSA characters? Clone engine? What?

I'm still confused about using custom character and stage skins...

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
As long as you use the Disable Custom Stages code, you can have custom characters with Brawl+. However, I suggest that you use the Clone Engine so that you can play normal Brawl+ and Brawl+ with PSA characters.
What Clone Engine (I am still newbie when it come to those)

Also I just read whole thread for my sake, and I become little more confused.

Which version of files is better. original (link @ mirror 1, 2 and 3) or Nightly (I have hard time to tell what is different in both)

Top Bottom