• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl- Thread: seriously how the **** do you port common3!

NNID
Budget_Player
I know you want to let me give Lucas rocket shoes and super momentum tricks. That was the first thing I seriously researched and wrote about on Smashboards btw... Lucas and his snazzy gimmicks. :)
I should ask TSON about this. Lucas needs more lulzy tricks. :laugh:

What about making the charge level on Wario's f-smash be relative to how far he goes with it. No charge = regular F-smash. Full charge = his current one.
This is a good idea. How does the game check how charged it is?

I don't think you're understanding. Remove the speed buff, THEN make it connect better, AND give it terrible priority.

This would THEN make the move balanced but still stupidly good. I know that right now it is actually probably even better than the moves you listed. I'm telling you to redesign it, and telling you that if you redesign the way I proposed, you would still get an unbelievably good move that has a weakness.
Right now I'm redoing sheik entirely; giving her two versions of dsmash. One is similar to what it is now; fast, a multihit, etc. but does way less damage and pops up. The second is a single strong hit. Guess what decides which is used. :p

Sounds fine. Also I meant you should tack on an animation before she disappears, similar to Meta Knight's Down-B or Sheik's Vanish (UpB) animation. Something like that. I think the way you programmed it will make that kinda hard though. You might have to do custom animations.
I'm completely redoing the whole invisibility gag to work differently. What's the subaction for blocking? :V

o_O I'm not even talking about Ganondorf. You compared Ganondorf's Side-B horizontal distance to Wario's horizontal F-smash horizontal distance. I am saying that those two moves aren't even on the same level.

Wario's fsmash as it is is ********. Ganon's Side-B doesn't have Super Armor, doesn't outright kill, can't be used to camp, etc. so you comparing it to Wario's fsmash is a moot point.

Wario's fsmash either gets no horizontal distance or no armor at all. Having both is overkill. Brawl- might be about making things broken, but making One-Move Wonders isn't what I think Brawl- is about.
I see... Are you sure this is the most recent wario? TSON nerfed the **** out of wario's fsmash recently. It was broken as **** before though.

As far as one-hit-wonders go, I agree that we don't want that. Sometimes though, it's hard to decide between keeping an incredibly epic move in (like this for example) and dropping it to make the char more overall decent in return.

If you read a little more carefully you would notice I said the glitch might only affect non-normal hitboxes (which means the no hitstun glitch might only happen on projectiles and throws; Ganon's UpB is a throw collision and I am only speculating on projectiles).
Hm. Ganon's upB could be something else, I don't know. But with falco's lazers, I'm 99-100% sure that it's really-

****. I just looked at the offset and I'm 99% sure that it's a special offensive hitbox. ;_; You are probably right. I'll go have taro take a look at that.

I feel like you didn't read my post very well. A lot of misunderstanding on topics I thought we established enough context on for me to not have to outright say what we're talking about. =/

Also in your Phase 5 .zip, the Marth .pac and the changelist don't match up at all. I think it's your Marth .pac bundled with my Marth.pac's changelist? lol
It isn't; mine has 3 jumps and disjointed tippers. As in, disjointed from the SWORD. :laugh: I don't even know which marth went in there, lol.

But yeah, the new sheik will be sweet if she doesn't crash on the CSS. :V

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Get off of diddy you ****er :laugh:

Just because it needs a rule doesn't mean it's ******** (SHIEK'S INVISIBILITY).

i liek ur bias tho :012:

NNID
Budget_Player
That's like comparing a stage ban to the ban on gay play. You can enforce a rule that says "Neither player can play on Hyrule temple"; you can't enforce one that says "don't play excessively gay". >.> Your rule requires watching the whole match; mine requires watching the first 3 seconds.

EDIT: anyone have any idea why MK bugs up like that?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Hello people. It seems I now have access to this wonderful place. :)

On Wario's Fsmash going so much distance depending on the level of charge, that shouldn't be too difficult. I had the same idea actually before reading it here, haha. Variable shenanigans should do the trick.

Let's see...all I can really say for now is that we need smart, unbiased playtesting and get more balance into this game, because some things do need to be changed.

I lack things to type...

So whats new? xD

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
no. camping is not effective if it isn't continuous. if someone calls "CAMPING", then the ref comes and watches the match to make sure it doesnt happen again. no big deal.

EDIT: Kirk!~ :012:

Eldiran

Smash Lord
no. camping is not effective if it isn't continuous. if someone calls "CAMPING", then the ref comes and watches the match to make sure it doesnt happen again. no big deal.

EDIT: Kirk!~ :012:
Because we can control almost every parameter of the game, there's really no excuse for any of it to need rules. Optimally, we could even get rid of Metaknight's IDC and Sheik's chain jacket. A ref should only be necessary to prevent/judge social incidents or technical difficulties.

@Kirk: the greater charge = more distance sounds like a good solution. I also would like to suggest the same solution for Toon Link's Up+B -- a greater charge granting more mobility on release. That could solve all the problems that we've had with that move in the past.

EDIT: Oh, hey! I wasn't paying very close attention and just noticed where you were posting, Kirk :p
Awesome!

Kirk

Smash Champion
Because we can control almost every parameter of the game, there's really no excuse for any of it to need rules. Optimally, we could even get rid of Metaknight's IDC and Sheik's chain jacket. A ref should only be necessary to prevent/judge social incidents or technical difficulties.

@Kirk: the greater charge = more distance sounds like a good solution. I also would like to suggest the same solution for Toon Link's Up+B -- a greater charge granting more mobility on release. That could solve all the problems that we've had with that move in the past.

EDIT: Oh, hey! I wasn't paying very close attention and just noticed where you were posting, Kirk :p
Awesome!
Agreed with the first point.

Great idea for TL, that could very well solve that problem also. I'll look into it and see what I can do.
Oh snap. S*** just got real...

Is B- fairly secure in its fundamental mechanics: hitstun, shieldstun and char. physics?
S*** just got real. :p

For the most part, I would say yes. We've been using the same constants for hitstun and shieldstun since pretty much the beginning and everyone, including myself, agrees with the values. As for character physics, we've been altering parameters for individual characters such as air speed and the like. Though I probably need to go over and see what Momentum Capture Data, if any, is needed for some other characters. As for gravity values, I don't think those have been touched...aside from individual alterations.

On another note, I looked at the latest pack, and we are only missing Peach, Pit, and ZSS. I think Peach is being worked on...I know Pit is being worked on.

Was ZSS scrapped? I remember the early version being kind of...not good. If this is the case, I can probably start working on her. I had a vision of a female Captain Falcon...sounds silly, I know, but it might work...haha. They ARE both bounty hunters, after all. :bee:

NNID
Budget_Player
All right TSON... I figure we can keep diddy's barrels in (in a weaker form) like they are now; just make the hitbox less silly. But if people complain, I won't hesitate to tell them why it made it into the alpha release.

@Eld, cuz I missed that part of your post somehow: Yes, that is a very good idea. It's like with DDD's fsmash (WHICH I CAN'T FIGURE OUT RAAAAGE :mad:)-if your opponent won't get off the ground in like a whole second, plus move startup, then it's their own **** fault. Here's an idea-on full charge, make it the old one. The one that everyone complained about being broken, know what I mean? :psycho:

Oh snap. S*** just got real...

Is B- fairly secure in its fundamental mechanics: hitstun, shieldstun and char. physics?
All except the last. Hitstun is solid, Shieldstun is solid; as kirk said, same values since the start. Character physics... may need some changing, we'll see about that. I don't think there's gonna be any global grav/weight/etc. changes though. Is there a code for global SDI mod? That way, we could potentially live with the high hitstun and still keep it without everyone teching every strong move. :V

Agreed with the first point.

Great idea for TL, that could very well solve that problem also. I'll look into it and see what I can do.

S*** just got real. :p

For the most part, I would say yes. We've been using the same constants for hitstun and shieldstun since pretty much the beginning and everyone, including myself, agrees with the values. As for character physics, we've been altering parameters for individual characters such as air speed and the like. Though I probably need to go over and see what Momentum Capture Data, if any, is needed for some other characters. As for gravity values, I don't think those have been touched...aside from individual alterations.

On another note, I looked at the latest pack, and we are only missing Peach, Pit, and ZSS. I think Peach is being worked on...I know Pit is being worked on.

Was ZSS scrapped? I remember the early version being kind of...not good. If this is the case, I can probably start working on her. I had a vision of a female Captain Falcon...sounds silly, I know, but it might work...haha. They ARE both bounty hunters, after all. :bee:
ZSS is pretty much scrapped. DOOO EEEEET

NNID
Budget_Player
THANK YOU I needed that. Now I can make a decent PAL GCT! :D

Anyone know what's in the momentum capture data? I may need to actually figure out how momentum capture works...

In other news, Brawl- Character Threads. Because it's something I can actually do, I plan on putting up as many as I can, complete with guides where I can (and there are not all too many chars where I can't) and in any case, full changelists. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THREADS BEFORE THE FULL ALPHA RELEASE. I'm serious about this. We will have unreleased, uncomplete builds floating around in the open, and any number of tweaks may happen. Yes this is hypocritical. Also, if you don't plan on maintaining your thread with things such as guides, ATs, tricks, etc., then leave it to me...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THREADS BEFORE THE FULL ALPHA RELEASE. I'm serious about this.
You dumb**** rofl. You didn't tell me this when I was making the threads, *******. Just let them stay out and discuss what they've seen/played at tournaments, and make suggestions.

NNID
Budget_Player
Whatcha got for us dant?

At the moment... I'm not entirely sure, TBH. Fox is getting there (getting a HAD code that isn't **** from shanus would totally help), snake is not bland but rather underpowered... Umm... MK is bland as all ****. But if you have any ideas, feel free to say so.

Also, if you want to help us with Final Smash hacking, that's also totally welcome-one project we're working on here is implementing Final Smashes as actual attacks to be used (still figuring out a good way to give you one...)

Top Bottom