• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Does someone have twilight princess that wouldnt mind bringing it to the weekly today and letting me borrow it? I kinda wanna hack my wii but I don't have the game.

cemo

white walker
not coming to this one guys, no money and prior engagements.
if i get the webz where i am maybe i'll talk to you on the live stream. good luck!

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
the luckiest guys win =) seriously had a lot of pleasure with u guys see u next week ^^

EDIT: Kirt next week ill beat ur falco :D

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Intense Mini Tournament Alternating Judgement Hammer "Illegal Gambling" style

1: Calm
2: King_Kong
3: Sphyra
3: Stef
5: Kirt
5: Dom
5: Joel
8: Whitegard (Gets 8th because he got a bye first round.)
9: Thad
9: Kr3wman
9: Jay
9: Fizzi
9: Steb
9: Techiyo

Intense crew battle that followed:
Code:
    The Lucky        vs       The Cursed

King Kong(Peach) <1> - <0> Thad (MK)
King Kong(Peach) <0> - <3> Steb (DK)
Stef (Diddy)     <1> - <0> Steb (DK)
Stef (Diddy)     <0> - <2> Jay (Mario)
Joel (Mario)     <2> - <0> Jay (Mario)
Joel (Mario)     <0> - <2> WhiteGuard (MK)
Dom (Snake)      <2> - <0> WhiteGuard (MK)
Dom (Snake)      <0> - <1> Fizzi (Snake)
Sphyra (Lucario) <2> - <0> Fizzi (Snake)
Sphyra (Lucario) <0> - <1> Techiyo (Lucario)
Calm (Marth)     <2> - <0> Techiyo (Lucario)
Calm (Marth)     <0> - <1> Kr3wman (Falcon)
Kirt (Ganon)     <2> - <0> Kr3wman (Falcon)
So yeah its official. I'm the bad luck guy, not Kirt :(.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
So what was all that hyping up Joel had been doing prior to the weekly? Seemed like a pretty normal Weekly to me : P

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Alright so something new for this week: custom stages. People who are bringing Wiis can make a couple custom stages, and we have a tournament on those stages.

The rules: You have to be able to kill on the sides, ceiling, and bottom. Try to construct it so there cannot be any circle camping. No hyrule-esque survivability. Walls are allowed provided they don't prevent kills completely (Bad: Shadow Moses, Good: Those ramps in Mario Castle SSB64). Other than that, go nuts!

EDIT: And just so you don't have to delete stages or anything, name them "Weekly 1, Weekly 2" so that we know which stages to use.

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
Alright so something new for this week: custom stages. People who are bringing Wiis can make a couple custom stages, and we have a tournament on those stages.

The rules: You have to be able to kill on the sides, ceiling, and bottom. Try to construct it so there cannot be any circle camping. No hyrule-esque survivability. Walls are allowed provided they don't prevent kills completely (Bad: Shadow Moses, Good: Those ramps in Mario Castle SSB64). Other than that, go nuts!

EDIT: And just so you don't have to delete stages or anything, name them "Weekly 1, Weekly 2" so that we know which stages to use.
No. Seriously. With a tournament like ffyf2 only a few weeks away I'd rather not waste possible practice time on **** like that.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Why are you guys being so rude? There's other way to say what you have to say especially when you talk about an idea someone gave to make things more interesting/fun at weeklies.

I don't think saying:

No way this ****ty idea is ****ing stupid I don't want to do that ****. Will help or make things go on in any case.

Post some of your ideas if you got something that people will like. Don't diss other's ideas tough.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Why are you guys being so rude? There's other way to say what you have to say especially when you talk about an idea someone gave to make things more interesting/fun at weeklies.

I don't think saying:

No way this ****ty idea is ****ing stupid I don't want to do that ****. Will help or make things go on in any case.

Post some of your ideas if you got something that people will like. Don't diss other's ideas tough.
Good point, and its not like your FORCED to play in the tourney.
Just address these points calmly instead of yelling at joel or saying bento makes gay stages(even if we all know its entirely true... jk XD ) but yeah. I agree that you should somehow report the non competitive stuff to after ffyf2 (or you can do as you wish, i dont mind since im not going either way :( )

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I think you both are jumping the gun here.

First of all, Kev said it was going to be ********, and I think even Joel agrees that is exactly what its intended to be. Its not like this is going to be the championship finals at FFYF2, its meant for fun and well, "retardedness", which is exactly what Kev was pointing out.

Second was Shyra's post. Shyra does have a point about the tourney being just around the corner and its totally understandable how he would want to train over it. Agony, your stretching the truth immensely the way you put it; he barely used as much cuss words as you yourself did. As far as I read it, i thought it was constructive. Also, keep in mind this is Sphyra, he won't willywash his ideas/language if your not able to take it.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
I think I didn't exagerate that much. I just tought that what sphyra said was very impolite. And it's not because he's sphyra that he has the right to talk like this about an idea joel got. There's other way to say it. He does have a point for the tourney but he could of said it in an other way.

swordgard

Smash Hero

First of all, Kev said it was going to be ********, and I think even Joel agrees that is exactly what its intended to be. Its not like this is going to be the championship finals at FFYF2, its meant for fun and well, "retardedness", which is exactly what Kev was pointing out.

Second was Shyra's post. Shyra does have a point about the tourney being just around the corner and its totally understandable how he would want to train over it. Agony, your stretching the truth immensely the way you put it; he barely used as much cuss words as you yourself did. As far as I read it, i thought it was constructive. Also, keep in mind this is Sphyra, he won't willywash his ideas/language if your not able to take it.
Good point too, but yeah i agree whatsover that the non competitive stuff be pushed back later to after ffyf2.
We all need to be ready to repp mtl as best as possible, and thus should practice as much as possible.

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
Good point, and its not like your FORCED to play in the tourney.
With all 4 stations being dedicated to running this madness for 12+ people my alternative would be to sit down and do nothing.

I'm raw like this. I'm comfortable around Joel enough to use dirty language with him. No homo. If you as a third party disapprove of my privileged relationship with Joel then that's too bad.

However if Joel feels offended I will apologize. He does hold my wiimote hostage after all.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I threw the idea out there to keep variety in the weeklies (admit it, the 9 hammer challenge was fun) but if you want regular matches I'm all for it.

-Some guy

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer

Exactly, precisely.
I think I didn't exagerate that much. I just tought that what sphyra said was very impolite. And it's not because he's sphyra that he has the right to talk like this about an idea joel got. There's other way to say it. He does have a point for the tourney but he could of said it in an other way.
you're overreacting. I read sphyra's post and I thought "definitely". he's right, the next weeklies before the tournament should be serious, but it would be nice to have one with special stages lol. but yeah, agony calm down and look at this from another angle.

Top Bottom