• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

BentoBox

Smash Master
lol yeah. that's the only stage on which I stand a fair chance at beating him, but that's just because I camp =/. Go watch our match on battlefield now lol.

filauc

Smash Journeyman
GGs guys, was fun.... but it wasn't in PLATINUM.

Seriously Fizzi why don't you put more tags than "SSBB SSB Brawl Smash"

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
GGs guys, was fun.... but it wasn't in PLATINUM.

Seriously Fizzi why don't you put more tags than "SSBB SSB Brawl Smash"
What other tags do you want me to put? I have to put tags seperately for each video and it's faster to just copy+paste that. Doesn't all of the stuff in the title come up for searches too? For example, Fizzi snake fil marth.... Any suggestions for more tags?

Alopex

Smash Ace
Actually, if you just type in "weeklies" then you mostly get Fizzi's videos listed. You just don't get all of them. Same with searching for "mtlweeklies".

So maybe just a short tag like "mtlweeklies" would suffice if you put that on all the vids, Fizz. Makes a quick search possible and direct. And if anyone else uploads videos besides Fizz, then this tag would let us see all the videos available.

Otherwise, if it's only Fizz that's uploading, then all we need to do is bookmark his profile.

filauc

Smash Journeyman
That's right and you could just look at the most viewed smash videos and add those tags to the ones you already have.

Damax

Smash Lord
yo I was wondering if we were gonna implement a banned standing infinite rule. cause if its banned I might just play blawl again as ness and try to be more serious. cause ness is nice and you know it, specially with the mr.saturn shirt hell yeah.

zaf

Smash Lord
Not that many were recorded this week, fiL doesn't have splitters. So only one laptop was able to record and fizzi had it on a GW t.v.

I don't know how much was actually recorded.

EDIT:
@Damax

I want standing infinites to be banned.
The tourney we are going to in Niagara is banning it.
I think that the sbr might add it into the rule set soon since a lot of tourneys are doing so.

I dont see why we shouldn't.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
yo I was wondering if we were gonna implement a banned standing infinite rule. cause if its banned I might just play blawl again as ness and try to be more serious. cause ness is nice and you know it, specially with the mr.saturn shirt hell yeah.
Don't we play with SBR rules nowadays (generally speaking)? So i think standing infinite should be out of the question anyway.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I support the move to ban standing infinites even though I'm a Dedede fan.
This should finally let Luigi become the Dedede counter I know he can be. Come on! The penguin's huge! Shoryuken!

I expect Joel's Mario to have something to say on standing infinites...

Alopex

Smash Ace
Nah, it works on anyone and is surprisingly easy to execute. He just used MK because everyone wants SOMEthing to use against MK. This tech really won't work against gliding MKs though, like the video shows, due to the Glide Attack Cancel letting them do anything laglessly after the glide attack, preventing you from FSJ on them in any way. However, it's extremely useful to use on a MK after you've shielded a MT because they're left in lag landing animation after it, perfect for you FSJ on.

Steb, you should look into this because I think Lucas is the biggest benefactor. Pretty much a guaranteed FSmash at over 90%, a percentage in which Lucas' FSmash easily kills most characters. I tried it and it works sooo well.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I support the move to ban standing infinites even though I'm a Dedede fan.
This should finally let Luigi become the Dedede counter I know he can be. Come on! The penguin's huge! Shoryuken!

I expect Joel's Mario to have something to say on standing infinites...
I have nothing to say on it, because:

1) No one does it to me. For some reason people find it difficult to keep it up for awhile. Seems harder to do on Mario than others.

2) Whether or not they banned it, I would have accepted it as part of the game. Mario's considered super low tier for many reasons so I see the infinite as one of those.

3) There's so much other broken **** in this game that it's really a non-factor. I see IC chaingrabs worse than Dedede's infinite, and that's saying something because it's a **** infinite.

4) Ask Fizzi how easy it was to grab me.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I have nothing to say on it, because:

1) No one does it to me. For some reason people find it difficult to keep it up for awhile. Seems harder to do on Mario than others.

2) Whether or not they banned it, I would have accepted it as part of the game. Mario's considered super low tier for many reasons so I see the infinite as one of those.

3) There's so much other broken **** in this game that it's really a non-factor. I see IC chaingrabs worse than Dedede's infinite, and that's saying something because it's a **** infinite.

4) Ask Fizzi how easy it was to grab me.
In tournaments though, at least the ban will prevent an easy counter-pick against your Mario. Or are you moving towards using Lucario as your tournament standard from now on?

Also, I dunno, IC chaingrabs need more space and timing. Going to Norfair or Rainbow Cruise easily damages their changrab abilities. But Dedede's infinite is easy and stationary, it can be pulled off anywhere. That being said, the IC chaingrabs work on anyone so I can see how they're generally more problematic.

Why the **** would I foot stool someone just to do my up-B when I can do it out of shield?
Someone in the thread actually made a comment just like that asking why do a FSJ Dair instead of just a Dair out of shield. The response was that the FSJ leaves the opponent in helpless lag, which makes the Dair completely unblockable. Otherwise, there's a very good chance the Dair will be shielded.

In your case though, Marths UpB is so fast that the FSJ is likely unnecessary. But, like Zaf said, other characters have slower attacks that would benefit greatly from first leaving the opponent in FSJ lag.

So it's not useful for everyone, but I think that consistent application of this could help the metagame of some low tier characters.

Damax

Smash Lord
makes me want to play kirby after I saw that nice unblockable hammer swing. once again, brawl defensive game level up. again..

oh yeah and standing infinite is for chaingrabs you don't have to move. like marth on ness or lucas (seriously I thought spamming Z required a bunch of skills). falco or dd's chaingrab is legit, unless they don't have to dash to do it.

I wonder if it applies to wall infinite XD

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
makes me want to play kirby after I saw that nice unblockable hammer swing. once again, brawl defensive game level up. again..

oh yeah and standing infinite is for chaingrabs you don't have to move. like marth on ness or lucas (seriously I thought spamming Z required a bunch of skills). falco or dd's chaingrab is legit, unless they don't have to dash to do it.

I wonder if it applies to wall infinite XD
DDD has a standing infinite on bowser, DK, mario, luigi, and samus as well. But personally... I have not been able to get it to work consistently by simply mashing Z. Furthermore, the timing for it is really precise and it's not that easy to do, imo.

And screw you joel, I will grab you! Some day. I've got big gloved hands!

BentoBox

Smash Master
well my comment wasnt really directed at Bento, it was directed more towards the genius video creator, and have you seen the video response?

lol even NikoK was using this ****... step yo game up Bento!!! <3
Yeah he's been talking about footstooling on the peach boards for quite a while but you can just watch his vids to realise that it isn't as reliable as its made out to be~ I know of many more aspects on which my Peach can improve right now, GFSC just strikes me as novelty atm. But you never know... =p

I'll be MMing him @ niagara ;D~

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Steb, you should look into this because I think Lucas is the biggest benefactor. Pretty much a guaranteed FSmash at over 90%, a percentage in which Lucas' FSmash easily kills most characters. I tried it and it works sooo well.
Lol, I already knew about this since the game came out. I tried doing it to Card when I went to Agora's first brawl smashfest. It's not as easy as it looks. And I already do D-air to F-smash.

Alopex

Smash Ace
DDD has a standing infinite on bowser, DK, mario, luigi, and samus as well. But personally... I have not been able to get it to work consistently by simply mashing Z. Furthermore, the timing for it is really precise and it's not that easy to do, imo.

And screw you joel, I will grab you! Some day. I've got big gloved hands!
I've been practicing Dedede's infinites for a long time now and it's actually not that hard to do. Your problem Fizz, is that you're trying to do it with the Z button.

From experience, that's almost impossible. Next weekly I'll give you some pointers on the timing if you want. There are visual cues you can use and for some reason no one mentions these on the Dedede guides.

But you need to set X or Y to grab. It really makes all the difference in the world. I tried it with Z and with shield+A, just didn't work. Tried it with X and it works very consistently.

Maybe I'll even make a video of the timing instead since next the weekly is a leaderboard one.
Hey, I taught Kirt how to Snakedash with his Falco, I can teach you how to infinite grab with Dedede.

zaf

Smash Lord
I've been practicing Dedede's infinites for a long time now and it's actually not that hard to do. Your problem Fizz, is that you're trying to do it with the Z button.

From experience, that's almost impossible. Next weekly I'll give you some pointers on the timing if you want. There are visual cues you can use and for some reason no one mentions these on the Dedede guides.

But you need to set X or Y to grab. It really makes all the difference in the world. I tried it with Z and with shield+A, just didn't work. Tried it with X and it works very consistently.

Maybe I'll even make a video of the timing instead since next the weekly is a leaderboard one.
Hey, I taught Kirt how to Snakedash with his Falco, I can teach you how to infinite grab with Dedede.

ive been using x as a grab button since the god **** release of this game. It is so much simpler and wait you taught kirt something?:confused:

Top Bottom