• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Agora

Smash Journeyman
What's with me being marked as "unsure"? I'll be there, I promised Phen I'd bring back his Wiimote : P

Also, seems we'll need extra Wiis, so I'll bring mine.

k_master

Smash Cadet
hey i'm kinda new to this forum and i live in Montreal too. I'm really interested in Brawl tournaments. I a few questions:
1) what time is the tourney held tomorrow?(oct 8)
2)the 7$ is it the fee to enter the tourney or the fee just to get in and watch?

Depending on the time i may come too with a few of my friends. We may even bring a Wii

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
hey i'm kinda new to this forum and i live in Montreal too. I'm really interested in Brawl tournaments. I a few questions:
2)the 7$ is it the fee to enter the tourney or the fee just to get in and watch?

Depending on the time i may come too with a few of my friends. We may even bring a Wii
Welcome to smashboards dude =D

The tourney start at 8pm if I remember correctly, but you can come sooner, the things start at 6 PM., You know, to play friendlies and such.
The 7$ entry fee is to play, not for the tourney. You talk to the owner of the shop and you pay to him. And cool if you can bring friends and a Wii! (You'll get a rebate:p) Good luck to you and your friends ^^

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36

The tourney tomorow is a doubles tourney by the way. There are no prizes but it does count towards our montreal ladder ranking system. $7 is charged by the venue, so if you intend on going there and staying there for a bit and playing, you'll probably have to pay. Also... if you're new, don't get discouraged if you get owned, hopefully you'll keep coming and get better :).

Where is cartier-ville by the way? I live on hotel-de-ville and pins. hotel-de-ville is like 4 blocks east of saint-laurent.

k_master

Smash Cadet
cartier-ville is near metro cote-vertu. not a too popular neighborhood. I don't recommand you guys going there alone at night tho. it's pretty getto

Alopex

Smash Ace
Alopex, want to team?

And do you have MSN? crazy2467 at hotmail dot com if you do.

EDIT: More Wii's Plii's.

EDIT2: Nvm I have your MSN :dizzy:
Sounds good to me. I'll be online today and we can discuss things. Get some strats going.

cartier-ville is near metro cote-vertu. not a too popular neighborhood. I don't recommand you guys going there alone at night tho. it's pretty getto
Hehe, oh Cote-Vertu... such a sketchy metro station. Definitely seen more than one hooker hanging around there. Sweet McDonalds, though.

Anyway, yeah, the $7 charge is not a tournament fee. So there's no cash prize. Until we find another location, Gamer's World is the only place we got, and they need to charge us a rental fee, so that's the deal.

k_master

Smash Cadet
just wondering, how old are you guys?? do you guys go to school?? if yes,which school? Me i'm currently at Vanier College. anyone goes there? btw i'm 18 turning 19

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
If you come to the weekly you'll meet us all there so no worries :p. But most of us are like... 17-21ish. I'm 19, go to McGill.

zaf

Smash Lord
Just to let you know "k_master", the weeklies is something we do every Wednesday.
We rent out a lan cafe/hobby shop to play smash there and eliminate the difficulties of arranging a new smashfest and peoples houses every week.

The tourneys we do there, is something a few of us thought up and put together. We don't have huge cash prizes. The closest thing we have to money give aways are the $2 tournaments we have every second week.

k_master

Smash Cadet
I'll come pretty much for sure tomorrow just to check things up. I don't think i'll be playing though, just want to see how people play and compare my skills to you guys. But for sure i'll participate sooner or later. Hopefuly sooner. It's more for me to analyze things tomorrow when i come.Btw i'm a snake player.

EDIT: next monday is a holiday, is it possible to have next weekly on monday?? is just a suggestion. If it's not possible just ignore the edit.

k_master

Smash Cadet
and i think people are mistaking me for an other person. I'm not ka-master which a just looked through right now. He's a luigi player and i'm snake. btw, when i play ssbb, i use the name TSZ. k_master is just a nick i use for every forum that i go to. So if you guys like, you can call me tsz so there will be no further confusion with me and ka-master.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
k_master, if you just want to watch us play, Fizzi has uploaded many recent videos of us in action on youtube. You can check out his channel here:

http://ca.youtube.com/user/Fizzi63

I don't want to discourage you from these events, but simply coming and watching (especially with friends) means you're taking up space in the store, which is limited as it is. You will see that space is one of the main issues we have at Gamers World.

If you feel that you would learn more about us from watching, then I highly suggest watching Fizzi's videos, as there is a good amount of them.

You can also watch a crapload of videos from our most recent Montreal tournament, FFYF:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195492

EDIT: The whole ka_master thing is a joke, don't worry :p

zaf

Smash Lord
also k_master
we can not change the date to a monday. the weeklies are on wednesdays only.

although im sure someone can host a smashfest on monday. which are free haha

i think i willing to host one, i can pick people up in my van

kr3wman

Smash Master
Nuuuuh, don't, I'm traveling back from Gaspésie Monday.

Maybe Tuesday? Tuesday is voting day. :083:

filauc

Smash Journeyman
I won't be coming this week, but I'll be free for something on Thursday like always : D

Alopex

Smash Ace
****... I'm not the oldest person here, am I? 22 turning 23 in December, graduated from McGill.
Tell me I'm not the oldest. Lie to me if you must. BigRick is older than me, right?

If you DO throw a smashfest, Zaf, you said you live in Chateauguay?

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Coming tomorrow with a Wii, Brawl (no melee! have to return it to my friend's cousin after 2 years :(), and a controller for Thad.

Hey k_master, I go to Vanier too. There's a bunch of people who play brawl in the D-building cafeteria. They play free for all final destination only though. Also JustaPnoy has a N64 in one of the club rooms if you wanna challenge him. Check it out.
...unless you're already one of those guys that stay there all day :dizzy:

Pound Cake

Smash Apprentice
Coming tomorrow with a Wii, Brawl (no melee! have to return it to my friend's cousin after 2 years :(), and a controller for Thad.

Hey k_master, I go to Vanier too. There's a bunch of people who play brawl in the D-building cafeteria. They play free for all final destination only though. Also JustaPnoy has a N64 in one of the club rooms if you wanna challenge him. Check it out.
...unless you're already one of those guys that stay there all day :dizzy:
steb is pretty famous there he spiked someone with snakes cardboard box

Top Bottom