• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Johning means "giving excuses".
I believe it's a smash-specific term used when someone says he lost "because of so and so" and refuses to acknowledge his own faults :p

Jer

Smash Ace
Phil just doesn't like me because i don't want to install his stupid GTA mod. Also, it always seem to me that each time i make a comment like that, he follows up with a mirror like reply of my own and your there to follow up with a well played.
Don't you have a video on gametrailer to be rating or a c stick-to-be-tapping-continuously-in-the-same-direction-in-a-way-that-totally-makes-you-predictable to be doing?

Seems like tapping the c-stick in the same direction is working for him though isn't it?

Alopex

Smash Ace
So I had it all planned out since the last weekly: go to this weekly, win me some games, get me some money, change the world. It was a solid plan.

But that all changed on Sunday when I realized that the weekly was this Wednesday, and this Wednesday is my girlfriend's birthday.

I don't think the $20 pot would be sufficient as a birthday present... so looks like I'm not going. Dammmit.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Can I have a list of people going? I'm still undecided...I thought like 3-4 people were going, but it seems there is about 6-10... Bit less people means more playing time, I guess.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Grats to fizzi for winning the tourney~! I had a pretty good set against Steb in semi-finals but once again my counterpick backfired on me; I just had to get green green'd :'[. Finding out that GG is possibly the best map to counterpick against a MK made it all worth it though <3~ Zaf loves getting gay'd amirite.

Oh and your Luc is shaping up nicely tech! Lucario does give me a lot of trouble as I depend a lot on my airgame, and luc > peach in that area~

Overall I think I did pretty well today lol (mostly thx to the bomb I pulled against zaf, joel and steb(?) lol), but it seems everytime I improve in an area, I fail in other aspects. Nobody but fiL/steb seem to get consistent results (ranking wise)~

zaf

Smash Lord
Grats to fizzi for winning the tourney~! I had a pretty good set against Steb in semi-finals but once again my counterpick backfired on me; I just had to get green green'd :'[. Finding out that GG is possibly the best map to counterpick against a MK made it all worth it though <3~ Zaf loves getting gay'd amirite.

Oh and your Luc is shaping up nicely tech! Lucario does give me a lot of trouble as I depend a lot on my airgame, and luc > peach in that area~

Overall I think I did pretty well today lol (mostly thx to the bomb I pulled against zaf, joel and steb(?) lol), but it seems everytime I improve in an area, I fail in other aspects. Nobody but fiL/steb seem to get consistent results (ranking wise)~
Overall bento, id say you are getting better and better.

I remember when i first met and played you, i beat you ez pk with my mk. Now you give me the most trouble out of everyone.

me and steb were practically even today, i even beasted his lucas second match.
fil is fil, but i seem to do great against him ( you all saw at my smash fest)
fizzi is a snake, they are ridiculous and hard,
but your peach is still very unpredictable and its getting harder and harder to play

on another note, we need more people to play other chars....besides steb

if kelso can come and do as good as he did with his ghey and watch, what will the mainers in TO do with theirs.

Alopex

Smash Ace
You wouldn't happen to be planning another smashfest anytime soon, Zaf? I can't wait two more weeks till the next singles weekly. I need my fix. *twitch*

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Well, other than there being a wall for an edge for wall clinging, I don't see why. Maybe horizontal blast zones are closer?

And I seem to do better with random >.>.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Steb is the only person I know that can choose random and beat like 4 people in a row all playing their mains :p.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Steb is the only person I know that can choose random and beat like 4 people in a row all playing their mains :p.
I beat Zaf ten times in a row using random when he was using Marth...

So...What does it means?

Should me and Steb have an epic showdown of Random vs Random?

Top Bottom