• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

WarranThad

Smash Ace
my only problem with callin fizzi jaz/jazz is Fresh Prince Jazz is way pimper (no offence, he is pretty pimp)

k_master

Smash Cadet
so for next week's weekly is gonna be a 2$ tournament?? like the winner takes all the money?? can someone explain it to me?

k_master

Smash Cadet
hmm...ic interesting.

So ya today i've played at Vanier. It was pretty fun. i don't know if i saw you steb since i don't know who you are or how you look like. But i was the one with the black hoodie( the snake user ). There was one thing that i didn't like about is that the tap jump is on...i can't play like that. I can't even do a motar slide....but overall it was fun.

Edit: fizzi i wanna challenge you. I've never played against a snake player b4.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
hmm...ic interesting.

So ya today i've played at Vanier. It was pretty fun. i don't know if i saw you steb since i don't know who you are or how you look like. But i was the one with the black hoodie( the snake user ). There was one thing that i didn't like about is that the tap jump is on...i can't play like that. I can't even do a motar slide....but overall it was fun.

Edit: fizzi i wanna challenge you. I've never played against a snake player b4.
Well, I checked the cafeteria today. There was people playing brawl in the cafeteria, in the gamers club, and N64 in the Asian club. So much smash, wtf. I heard security and the student association representatives have been looking at the cafeteria brawl set-up often now, so I'm guessing they're gonna be kicked out soon.

Do you know if you'll be there tomorrow? I'll try to stay there for a while cause I wanna play you.

k_master

Smash Cadet
tomorrow depends on what time. I finish class like at around 10:00 and it's my only class. After my class i'll be going to my friend's house to play smash. (each firday is smash day for me and my friends) hahah.

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
I'll most likely start attending these, starting with the one on this coming Wednesday. Fits nicely with my schedule too.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
cinemamontreal.com isn't even listing the movie. Is it really playing this week?
Slim chances that I go see it, honestly. Depends how things pan out with my week's plans.

k_master

Smash Cadet
i already saw both Death Note live actions movies. i didn't like it that much. I prefer reading the manga. it was a lot better.

Well i decided to record some of my matches today with my friends. It is my first time using youtube and uploading SSBB's videos. So please give me some comments on the quality of the video and me and my friends playing style. Thank you. http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=kmaster1989

Agora

Smash Journeyman
That's also a factor; I saw the three movies, read the manga and watched the whole anime.
I'm kinda burnt out on the thing : P But hey, last time I went with a girrrrl~

And that doesn't seem too bad at all, k_Master. Although, I'm no Snake player, but it definitely felt like you weren't using grenades to their full potential there.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
It's not too bad, but both of you can get way better. For the Lucas player I can't really say much I don't play him. Ask Steb. As for Snake, I don't main him, but I can definitely say that what's missing here is grenades and C4. And a lot. You have to play with them. That's where most of Snake's mindgames are. And don't spam too much the SnakeBoosting. It get predictable and you could get easily punished. And there's a lot of moment where you could have done an up-tilt of the shield but you just do jabs. Otherwise it's good.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Personally I think that you should come to the weeklie to improve damatically because from these vids what i saw is that Lucas uses way to many Fsmash and has no mind game in any way. For you well I think that you need to use more Grenades,C4,Utilt,Ftilt cancel.

Not to discourage you or anything but if you come to the weeklie you might get gimped in the first times even if you're snake, but as time goes in 2-4 weeks I'm pretty sure you'll be +60% better atleast. I tell you that you're gonna learn a lot.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Mindgames is such an overused term nowadays that I've lost sight of what it really means. ?_? I seem to be doing fine anyways D:

Rob: what's the name of the worms-like game you were talking about 2 weeks ago?

zaf

Smash Lord
Mindgames is such an overused term nowadays that I've lost sight of what it really means. ?_? I seem to be doing fine anyways D:

Rob: what's the name of the worms-like game you were talking about 2 weeks ago?
instead of mind games, be like damax and called them "traps"

and the worms game
is called
worms o.o

if you mean the tactical war game

BentoBox

Smash Master
instead of mind games, be like damax and called them "traps"

and the worms game
is called
worms o.o

if you mean the tactical war game
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183816

nono, we were talking about another game we could play together on non-weekly days and he brought up a worms-like game but in real time... can't recall the exact details but anyways, I felt like looking it up~

BentoBox

Smash Master

First attempt at painting a controller (its not functional) =p I have like 4 dead controllers laying around~ I'll make a green and a blue one too later on~

BentoBox

Smash Master
never played any FFs lol. I just entered this random gamersworld-type store, stumbled upon it, thought it looked nice, and bought it :D

zaf

Smash Lord
Top Bottom