• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Brawl Stage Studio] v0.8.03 Beta - Updated 02/25/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fakerlation

Smash Rookie
Need some help here ._.
Everytime I run StageStudio.exe, it makes my computer restart.
Now, I haven't run the updater yet due to the fact that the one I downloaded is apparently the latest version. The readme doesn't help all that much either :\

This is an amazing program. I'm going to have so much fun with this!

............Just to confirm it, it's not at all possible to put any image besides the default 3 as the background with this program? That was the only part that bummed me out..

ticas

Smash Rookie
I made some stages but i can't play them cause there's too much lag. Is there something i can do?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
If you have a lot of stuff overlayed on each other, that's bad, and makes it lag up.

BTW does anyone know how to make a grabbable ledg without having to place a block on the side of the stage? that was the annoying part for me.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
You can do it with a small platform inside a slope as well. I thought he was talking about not having anything on the side period.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Xane, maybe you can incorporate into the readme a FAQ with all the common question asked here. Such as the flipping objects (flipping as in the verb 'flip', not the 'f-bomb', a word that's commonplace here due to some massive noobness), using different backgrounds, lag, grabbable legdes, etc.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Xane, maybe you can incorporate into the readme a FAQ with all the common question asked here. Such as the flipping objects (flipping as in the verb 'flip', not the 'f-bomb', a word that's commonplace here due to some massive noobness), using different backgrounds, lag, grabbable legdes, etc.
Agreed. These stupid questions get annoying after a while...

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
What, you guys don't like answering the same three questions over and over?

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
*sigh* Sometimes it's real hard not to give up on humanity.

Hey, Xane, how goes your other projects? I remember you were working on some code for homebrew for the wii itself, right? How goes that?

KyogreSnorlax

Smash Rookie
I think you should be able to change colors in stage studio. Then people could make stages with that look like mario or link or something

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
I think you should be able to change colors in stage studio. Then people could make stages with that look like mario or link or something
I think you should be able to read the topic before posting. Then people would stop asking these questions.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Xane please, for the love of whatever god you believe in, put a FAQ on the front page.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
You think that will end it? We need a holy cross or something.
I dare say, that Holy Cross should do the following:

This topic should only allow comments that either point out bugs or give thanks/props/kudos. All n00b questions are answered vigorously and repetitively all throughout the friggin' topic. Noobs have two options: either get flamed without remorse or read a 40+ page topic. Because people here are flaming like madmen when it can be totally avoided and it's really unnecessary. I don't think it should go so far as to lock the topic, but for the love of all that's holy... STOP THE MADNESS. I check this topic anytime I can, just to see if there's any progress with the program. And everytime I read it, there's dozens of questions that have been asked and flamed before.

No suggestions for bettering the program are necessary. Thus, they should not be made at all. Xane is working on the only possible thing left to with the Stage Editor. And that's stretching. No flipping, no colors, no custom background, no custom anything. Thankfully, we can set the spawn points, and that within itself is amazing.

So stop with the stupid questions. Do so at your own risk.

RaffoNara

Smash Rookie
I'm too lazy to look through the hole topic :D

Can it be somehow possible to implement the possibility for a custom Background?

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
I dare say, that Holy Cross should do the following:

This topic should only allow comments that either point out bugs or give thanks/props/kudos. All n00b questions are answered vigorously and repetitively all throughout the friggin' topic. Noobs have two options: either get flamed without remorse or read a 40+ page topic. Because people here are flaming like madmen when it can be totally avoided and it's really unnecessary. I don't think it should go so far as to lock the topic, but for the love of all that's holy... STOP THE MADNESS. I check this topic anytime I can, just to see if there's any progress with the program. And everytime I read it, there's dozens of questions that have been asked and flamed before.

No suggestions for bettering the program are necessary. Thus, they should not be made at all. Xane is working on the only possible thing left to with the Stage Editor. And that's stretching. No flipping, no colors, no custom background, no custom anything. Thankfully, we can set the spawn points, and that within itself is amazing.

Can it be somehow possible to implement the possibility for a custom Background?
Today 12:18 PM
Seriously?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
Not only can it not read, it can't spell either.

Psalms 23:05- And the frequenters of the thread said unto the noobs, "Thou shalt read and search the thread before thou post thy question."
I'm pretty sure it's more along the lines of "You set a table before me as my enemies watch; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows."

In any case, I'm sure he's a troll of some sort.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet

You've GOT to be sh*tting me! You read my post (literally the last one in the thread before you posted) enough to say that you're too lazy to read through the whole topic. You didn't even finish reading that last post, which actually says:

(...)

I repeat...

No flipping, no colors, no custom background, no custom anything.
Did you get that?

no custom background
Are you people actually that dense or are you the greatest actors in the world? What wouldn't I give to jump out that screen and slap the taste out yo' mouth. Geez! Incredible!

xnamkcor:

Yeah, it is too big, bro. So is that giant golden cross.

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
shouldn't

This does not change textures such as background and blocks nor music files

be in the front page with a link the the threads dedicated to that, otherwise you know

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I've got a problem here!

The link in the download section leads me to an empty page. I've tried emptying my browser cache, but all it does is take me to a picture of a brawl-themed download button, which doesn't do anything.

Am I missing something here?

EDIT: Oh, wait, does it have to do with the fact that I'm on a Mac?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I've got a problem here!

The link in the download section leads me to an empty page. I've tried emptying my browser cache, but all it does is take me to a picture of a brawl-themed download button, which doesn't do anything.

Am I missing something here?

EDIT: Oh, wait, does it have to do with the fact that I'm on a Mac?
It might. Give me a second and I'll upload it for you.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I'm pretty sure Xane's doing some homebrew stuff at the moment. He'll update it when he gets ready.

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
Idea:

I'm making my own textures and I thought if it could support: importing your custom images into it so that it would make it easier to make custom stages that have custom textures

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
I think that the only way to that is by way of texture hacking. I doubt this program will support that being as it's a custom stage tool. All texture editing should be done with the texture hack method.

At least that's what I believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom