• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Brawl Stage Studio] v0.8.03 Beta - Updated 02/25/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

-dUb-

Smash Cadet
Every time i save a stage, it freezes and i have to quit out. Is this supposed to happen???
Same thing happens to me, the stage saves just fine, but the program crashes. The stages load correctly when I reopen StageStudio though, so not really a huge deal.

elendillion

Smash Rookie
hey thanks for the stage studio...
But when I tried to save the stage it's always stopping working or sometimes
appears an error saying Unhandled Memory Exception Error what does it means??

ticas

Smash Rookie
This programme is the awesomeness itself!!! Thanks so much for developing it.
By the way, i was hoping you could include a rotation function. That would be pretty cool!

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
This programme is the awesomeness itself!!! Thanks so much for developing it.
By the way, i was hoping you could include a rotation function. That would be pretty cool!
We need to make some kind of Wall Of Shame for these people.

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
I can't use any stages I created on my wii?!?!?! I use windows xp and open stage builder with something called jzip. I have winzip and im going to try it with it right after. I used my 1GB SD card, its compatible with my wii and computer. I didn't use my 2GB SD card because it's only compatible with my wii and i dont want to convert it because of everything I have on it. I'm soon to also try on a 512 MB SD card and see if the stages work. they are saved as bin files, the names aren't too long but one has an alt code of alt+477 it's some to lines, one above the other just a random alt code i found by guessing. I'm not sure whats the porblem yet? stage builder, something installed on my computer, the SD card, or jzip (with it it doesn't play any sound it says when i open it:
OpenAL initialization failed!
Unable to locate OpenAL32.dll

Audio playback disabled.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
...i cant figure out how to use this... i ownloaded it and ended up whith a dll file i cant o anything whith...
This program still comes in a .zip file right? If so it should have the executable file and everything in it already.

RayOxide

Smash Cadet
I cant work out how to use this for christs sake lol. I use the / like piece to make a slanted platform, and try to fill it with something but I cant because the triangular one in the same shape as / doesnt work that way and wont fill it, neither does the box square thing.. Hellpppp?

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
I cant work out how to use this for christs sake lol. I use the / like piece to make a slanted platform, and try to fill it with something but I cant because the triangular one in the same shape as / doesnt work that way and wont fill it, neither does the box square thing.. Hellpppp?
All I can say is, Try using the built in Brawls one to get used to it or attend some geometry classes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatial_visualization_ability

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
well winzip or jzip cant use the .dat or .dll files. i dont want to open them to mess with but it cant locate them with either?i think this could be my problem. i think it's the .dat files. I dont no much about the types of files and i know not to open them but it cant locate them or anythying?is this the problem?is there a file in it that saves them correctly? because my wii doesnt reconize them as stages, not even corrupted ones.it jsut says 0.but they are saved as .bin files.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
well winzip or jzip cant use the .dat or .dll files. i dont want to open them to mess with but it cant locate them with either?i think this could be my problem. i think it's the .dat files. I dont no much about the types of files and i know not to open them but it cant locate them or anythying?is this the problem?is there a file in it that saves them correctly? because my wii doesnt reconize them as stages, not even corrupted ones.it jsut says 0.but they are saved as .bin files.

Read the Readme.txt file.

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
k well i fixed it!!!i finally found out how (dind't read readme txt)well wat i did is that so noobishly i didnt extract the files and 2i didnt put the stages i wanted in the folder private>wii>rbsb(i think rbsb is the name)and then wheer dthe stages do work so yeh

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
[Facepalmage, and lots of it..[/QUOTE]

I take it my idea worked?

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
k well i fixed it!!!i finally found out how (dind't read readme txt)well wat i did is that so noobishly i didnt extract the files and 2i didnt put the stages i wanted in the folder private>wii>rbsb(i think rbsb is the name)and then wheer dthe stages do work so yeh
OBVIOUSLY the wii wasn't gonna find the stage builder files if you didn't put it in the correct directory.

Most of you people should try either the search function or read the frickin' readme that comes with the archive. It says readme for a reason, people. Rebellion died in the 90's. Get over yourselves and follow the freakin' instructions. Sheesh! "didn't read the readme txt" - please... If you're gonna be asking the questions here anyways, you might as well read the god**** readme. It's instantaneous lecture. You don't have to wait for a response in a forum. Were your birthed backwards or something?

DaBunanaKing:

Yes, your Wall of Facepalms is excellent. However, you're gonna have to frickin' post the Wall of Facepalms on the Great Wall of China cuz people still don't get things straight. Fine, the thread is 40-odd pages. That's what a search is for. Wow, you're having standard issues with the editor or playing them in the wii. How about reading the freaking readme? God! I didn't realize people like this were still around! How can we end this madness, DBK? How?

No wonder Xane has put this project on hiatus while he works on other stuff...

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
How can we end this madness, DBK? How?
The way I see it, we either have two options: Get Xane to put

READ THE README.TXT FILE!!!!!!11111!!!oneone!!

In the OP or there's always the option of ignoring them. Even if they just went to the very last page they would see people saying use the search function. Not to mention that every time I've replied to someone to try to help, they never reply back.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
On practically EVERY PAGE people are asking for a "function" that will "rotate tiles", or "turn them upside-down".

1. It's an awesome enough feature that, if possible, Xane would've implemented it in his editor.

2. Xane improved the existing SSBB stage editor. You're merely able to add a fu¢kload of pieces, overlap the pieces, make pieces fit over 2 of the 4 borders, and even change the spawn points. NOTHING ELSE.

Even with this, it's kickass cuz you're able to do so much with custom stages in SSBB thanks to Xane.

Jeez!

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
So I finnaly started making stages with this, and I noticed that there was a peice in the studio thing that's not on brawl. So my question is: Is it possible to create any kind of part for the stage studio? o.o

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
And so it begins anew.

The beta block is a piece that was already created, Nintendo just decided to leave it out for some reason. You cannot, CANNOT, create your own stage builder pieces.

MrMinnow

Smash Rookie
I finally found a computer that this program won't blue screen or just crash.

Now my question is, what did I do to make this happen, how do I do it, and how do I not do it?

Every standard block is grabbable regardless of placement. I didn't really want this to happen here but it lends itself to some interesting possibilities.

I looked through the thread and didn't see anything on this, and I don't have access to the program at the moment to play with it some more.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I finally found a computer that this program won't blue screen or just crash.

Now my question is, what did I do to make this happen, how do I do it, and how do I not do it?

Every standard block is grabbable regardless of placement. I didn't really want this to happen here but it lends itself to some interesting possibilities.

I looked through the thread and didn't see anything on this, and I don't have access to the program at the moment to play with it some more.
You got that to happen too? I was messing around one day and put a platform in between each block, which caused that to happen. It's a pretty cool glitch.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Sorry to bother anyone but...how do you download a stage onto your wii with an SD Card?
Save it in X:\private\wii\APP\RSBE\st with X being where your SD card is.

w00t! 100th post! **** yeah!
Nobody saw that right?

Evil Jiggly

Smash Rookie
Im really sorry to waste your time...but where do you save it in as in My documents,My Computer etc? Btw Im 11, to explain my computer stupidity >.<
And yeah i noticed the 100 posts, Congrats :)

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Im really sorry to waste your time...but where do you save it in as in My documents,My Computer etc? Btw Im 11, to explain my computer stupidity >.<
And yeah i noticed the 100 posts, Congrats :)
Just save it wherever you want on your computer! As long as you save it correctly on you SD card so that you can use it on your wii, there should be no problem whatsoever ;).

You got that to happen too? I was messing around one day and put a platform in between each block, which caused that to happen. It's a pretty cool glitch.
Glitch, my eye! That's an amazing discovery not glitch! I'm gonna try it out! If so, then you can add grabable edges wherever you want! (hypothetically speaking). Besides, remember, when stretching is at least implemented, you should be able to stretch a standard block to practically 0 so that as to make any ledge grabable - meaning ramps, iceblocks, etc.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Just save it wherever you want on your computer! As long as you save it correctly on you SD card so that you can use it on your wii, there should be no problem whatsoever ;).

Glitch my eye! That's an amazing discovery not glitch! I'm gonna try it out! If so, then you can add grabable edges wherever you want! (hypothetically speaking). Besides, remember, when stretching is at least implemented, you should be able to stretch a standard block to practically 0 so that as to make any ledge grabable - meaning ramps, iceblocks, etc.
Why would I want to glitch someone's eye? Better yet how would I pull that off?

Now that I'm thinking about it this is pretty awesome. I could put invisible ledges wherever I want and leave my friends in awe.:laugh:

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

Now that I'm thinking about it this is pretty awesome. I could put invisible ledges wherever I want and leave my friends in awe.:laugh:
You can't put invisible ledges there. What you had was known, for a while. Still, it is cool.

If you could make a ledge where here was no block there, I would then ssay that you found a new glitch.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Lol, typo. I already inserted the comma I missed. Thanks!

By the way, you can't add ledges wherever you want. I meant to place a grabbable ledge for any block, as in the previous post's case.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Lol, typo. I already inserted the comma I missed. Thanks!

By the way, you can't add ledges wherever you want. I meant to place a grabbable ledge for any block, as in the previous post's case.
Yes I know, that is what I said.

A ledge anywhere would be utterly amazing.

And that has been known for a while now.

Evil Jiggly

Smash Rookie
Sorry to ask you guys again(dam i must be getting annoying),but I mean to ask how to load a stage onto the SD card itself. I heard about creating a file on the root of an SD card,
but I have no idea what that is and where to find it. Thinking back,I shoulda put it all into one

JugaBro

Smash Cadet

Glitch, my eye! That's an amazing discovery not glitch! I'm gonna try it out! If so, then you can add grabable edges wherever you want! (hypothetically speaking). Besides, remember, when stretching is at least implemented, you should be able to stretch a standard block to practically 0 so that as to make any ledge grabable - meaning ramps, iceblocks, etc.
I dont mean to burst your bubble, but I was the initial finder of this glitch, before the Stage Studio was released, and Xane was focusing his project in The Odd Man Out forums.

It's simply replicated by placing a fall-through platform in the same spot as a solid block (of course there's another solid block above that one that would normally prevent grabbing the lower block).

Anyway, it's still a good thing you found it and posted it here yourself, considering the amount of people who apparently didn't know about the glitch.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
Sorry to ask you guys again(dam i must be getting annoying),but I mean to ask how to load a stage onto the SD card itself. I heard about creating a file on the root of an SD card,
but I have no idea what that is and where to find it. Thinking back,I shoulda put it all into one
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_directory

After you read that. read the README.txt file that comes with the program.

http://translate.google.com/translate_t

In case you can't read English.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I dont mean to burst your bubble, but I was the initial finder of this glitch, before the Stage Studio was released, and Xane was focusing his project in The Odd Man Out forums.

It's simply replicated by placing a fall-through platform in the same spot as a solid block (of course there's another solid block above that one that would normally prevent grabbing the lower block).

Anyway, it's still a good thing you found it and posted it here yourself, considering the amount of people who apparently didn't know about the glitch.
I knew about it. I said that it has already been found. They didn't listen to me. -.-"

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Is decrypting the replay .bin's similar to decoding snapshots and stages?

I dont mean the format, I mean the decryption.
PM me your answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom