• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Woah what happened that other program fix didn't help?
Oh,not it didn't...I went and installed photoshop on my mom's laptop (where I have Vista) and did what you say (copy pasting edited textures into original textures and replacing) and it DID work.

Thanks for all the help.

Now I need help with the other 2 things :/

Steelia

Smash Champion
What did you mean with "bring in custom colors" Steelia?
Ah, I meant bringing in your own set of colors that aren't in the game. I think it was mentioned on the first post somewhere, that colors that a character doesn't have cannot be used. So, say, Mario's red is the darkest shade of red, but you want it darker. You can't alter the red color in the game... so you're stuck with it. By bringing in your "custom colors", you can choose any shade of red you wish.

At least, that's what I figure they meant. :p

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I meant bringing in your own set of colors that aren't in the game. I think it was mentioned on the first post somewhere, that colors that a character doesn't have cannot be used. So, say, Mario's red is the darkest shade of red, but you want it darker. You can't alter the red color in the game... so you're stuck with it. By bringing in your "custom colors", you can choose any shade of red you wish.

At least, that's what I figure they meant. :p
It didn't mean that.If it did,I'm sure most of the costumes we have right now wouldn't exist.It meant to load the costumes WITHOUT having to replace the original costumes.

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
OK.I am having 3 big problems:

1)Squirtle: when I put the HEX data of my 1st TPL it's WAY too big,so it ends up deleting another 2 textures.Why is it so LONG?

2)Snake: his 4th texture seems to be way too short.It doesn't reach the start of the next texture.Is that OK?

3)Alpha Layer: when I pass some textures (Ness' and Pikachu's) thru TexConv I get an "there's not alpha layer in file".It's weird,since I made 2 costumes for Ness and only one is giving me problems.I sent the files to Phreeq and he gets the same error. FIXED FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL :laugh::laugh::laugh:
When working with squirtles, I suggest after pasting it, going up until you find the TEX0 you started at and make sure there isn't a series of ........'s, If there is, just erase all of the lines with them. That should fix it, As for snake, I'm not quite sure, but did you try deselecting everything in both files, reselecting snakes hex and pasting it again, It just sounds like you missed something.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Man, this topic's grown since last time:

Wow, cool! Thanks for the link!

Great skins, ghostneo!

Cool stuff at that GBAtemp.net topic, too!

Anyhow, my Royal Purple Marth request seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle (:ohwell:), so if you guys don't mind, I'll repost the pic AND give a detailed description of the colors, too!

Picture Credit: Mobbin

* Headband (or tiara as everybody else calls it): Silver main part; amethyst purple gem
* Cape: Black outside, dark purple inside
* Brooch on cape: Amethyst purple gem; silver trim
* Shoulder and chest armor: Black main parts; silver trim
* Tunic: Royal purple main part; silver trim
* Belt: White main part; silver buckle with amethyst purple in middle
* Gloves: Royal purple
* Sword sheath: Royal purple main part; silver accents and trim
* Pants: Black
* Boots: Royal purple main parts; silver top and metal parts (I hope that makes sense)

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if anyone can remodel Snake to look like Jak from Jak and Daxter (or maybe Altair from Assassin's Creed). I want to see what it is like.

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
OK.Squirtle is giving me an headache.My 02.tpl fits PERFECTLY into his 1st TEX0 and my 01.tpl fits his 2nd TEX0...WHY?! I didn't change the order,and I am sure that I didn't mess up and put the 01 on 02 and 02 on 01.

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
hmm, I'd just try it if i were you.

Btw does anyone know if using the Trucha Signer on an already burned disc works?

And if not, would it work on an RW(If those work for the wii)

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle and Snake are annoying.I might just change the order of Squirtle's things and leave Snake with his way too short 4th texture...whatever,maybe they even work in-game. :laugh:

Anyway,Starry Might...I may try to do that "Royal Purple" Marth.He doesn't seem to hard to edit.I hope he doesn't mess up on me later on...like Squritle and Snake...don't get your hopes up,tho.I may not be able to do that...but I will AT LEAST try.And it does look easy.

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
Why even bother with his request, he's acting like someone NEEDS to do it, all it is is a recolor, nothing fancy.

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Why even bother with his request, he's acting like someone NEEDS to do it, all it is is a recolor, nothing fancy.
I bother because I liked the color scheme.Nothing else.I may make a pink Marth...mmm...that would be epic for LULZ! :laugh:

Now,that "Royal Purple" (whatever) Marth is done.I need suggestions for costumes...

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
Pink Marth would be EPIC... he needs a gay costume like CF and MK. But so does Snake. Maybe I'll do snake.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Pink Marth would be EPIC... he needs a gay costume like CF and MK. But so does Snake. Maybe I'll do snake.
Uh... Cpt. Falcon already has the pink costume....

and Metaknight already has his gay pride outfit... Taste the color of the rainbow.

Edit: Wow, I completely misread that post. Sorry... -_-;;

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, let's pray Snake doesn't screw with my head, he'll have to wait though, cause I'm trying to find something for raganook, when I could have swore that I found it, he goes and says that he already confirmed it not working, I'm gonna go insane, there's too many files!!

I heard that Pharrox just got back from being hospitalized. So welcome back Pharrox!!
Though I don't think we've ever really talked...

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, let's pray Snake doesn't screw with my head, he'll have to wait though, cause I'm trying to find something for raganook, when I could have swore that I found it, he goes and says that he already confirmed it not working, I'm gonna go insane, there's too many files!!

I heard that Pharrox just got back from being hospitalized. So welcome back Pharrox!!
Though I don't think we've ever really talked...
For Snake,if you get the same problem as me (IT'S TOO SHORT!) say to the computer "**** you!" and leave it like that.I did that for Squirtle (lot's of **** here,especially with the apparently messed up order of textures!),Snake and my 2 Marth costumes.I am iffy about how will they look OR if they will EVEN work or will cause the game to freeze.

I need my modchip so badly,too bad I don't know when I will get it.

About Pharrox,I didn't know he was hospitalized! O_O

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
neither did I, he just posted that on gbatemp last night.

But uhh I should be gettin my modchip here soon enough, and I've got like 3 DVD's to test on, so I'll test out urs for you.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Just a question for the leet hackers in this thread. Do you think there's any chance of automating parts of this process with scripts/.exe's/etc? It would be epic if a month or two down the line there was a single exe to extract what you want (current one doesn't work on XP, I believe), then another one to insert it back in. I might be able to help as well, so send a message if you have ideas you want to discuss. =)

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
Pharrox and Raganook were talking about that on GBAtemp, and oh yeah, anyone know about using DVD-RW's on Wii so I can do this stuff without wasting DVD's each time??

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Pharrox and Raganook were talking about that on GBAtemp, and oh yeah, anyone know about using DVD-RW's on Wii so I can do this stuff without wasting DVD's each time??
I don't know,but I think the Wii doesn't read them.Anyway,you should try.All you have to lose is time.I mean,it's RW so if the Wii doesn't read it all you have to do is reformat the disc.

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, hopefully my chip gets here tomorrow, it was supposed to be here friday.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Thanks everyone. :)

Just a question for the leet hackers in this thread. Do you think there's any chance of automating parts of this process with scripts/.exe's/etc? It would be epic if a month or two down the line there was a single exe to extract what you want (current one doesn't work on XP, I believe), then another one to insert it back in. I might be able to help as well, so send a message if you have ideas you want to discuss. =)
Entirely possible. We already have the tools to do the extracting. The .brres and .pac file structures aren't complicated at all, you don't need to be a programmer to see that. Gary said that a reverse lz77 compressor would be pretty easy, and that's basically it. The problem is that no one who knows coding is working on it. Most of it's already pretty well documented though.

Depends. The Wii is MUCH pickier with RW's. There are a couple brands that should work though.

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
Hey Pharrox, with what you were talking about with the automated extractors and such, would this include an automated Hex inserter? That would be beyond epic.

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
I have asked myself that...a lot :laugh:

A tool that would uncompress the pac,then the brres.Another tool that extracts every TPL and puts each on it's corresponding folder.

And off course the tools for reinserting the textures back.Atleast an tool to make the TPL for each texture without having to make an TCS for each texture...the automatic hex inserter sounds kinda unreal...must be because it would rock WAY too much!

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
Lol, but but if you think about it, it seems like a couple simple commands, copy everything from this addres down in this file, then paste over 4 lines down from next tex0, idk though, cuz i'm no programmer.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
Tools like this would be entirely possible and somewhat easy (only thing involved would be a good amount of time if you wanted to make a decent and effective tool).
You could even throw in a custom tex0/plt0 converter, thus eliminating all the issues you seem to have with this step.
Finally in the saving routines you could easily throw in the compression commands. A tool that could do everything on one quick step is totally possible :)

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
I would totally do them if I knew anything about programming.I can only program in ActionScript 2.0 (Adobe Flash) XD

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
For the LULZ,I want to beat test the tools :laugh:.No more,I know nothing about REAL programming.

Anyway,I MAY GET MY MODCHIP TOMORROW!!! I hope I can get it and that ALL my textures work.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. The homebrew community is really growing fast. So considering this, lets say we get a coder willing to help us. What we ask him is if it would be possible for a program that uses hombrew channel to extract the textures, then re insert them. Kinda of like the current ones, but..hmmm. I know I'm prob just dreaming, but looking at this in the eyes of a coder, this does look possible. But maybe it just needs a step in another direction.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Does anyone have any alternate costumes of Ness? That's what I'd like to see. :D

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have any alternate costumes of Ness? That's what I'd like to see. :D
I've made 2 for him and 2 for Lucas.

For Ness:
-Lucas colors
-Beard (for the lulz)

For Lucas:
-Ness colors
-Travis Touchdown look-a-like.

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
I have a Question about ssbextract, whenever I try to opena pac that is in msbin format(I guess) it opens, says Assuming Msbin, then crashes, any help?

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Anyway,Starry Might...I may try to do that "Royal Purple" Marth.He doesn't seem to hard to edit.I hope he doesn't mess up on me later on...like Squritle and Snake...don't get your hopes up,tho.I may not be able to do that...but I will AT LEAST try.And it does look easy.
Oh, thank you! :grin:

Phreeq...sorry for repeating my request, but it's something that I'd really like to see! (Oh BTW, I'm a girl.)

P.S. - I didn't know Pharrox was hospitalized, either! :eek: I hope you're feeling better, man! :)

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
What? If it's a pac then it isn't msbin. All pacs are handled the same way unless they're compressed.

SSBextract assumes any file it doesn't recognize is an msbin file. This includes pac files that are lz77 compressed. If this is the case, extract the file and try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom