• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Sadek

Smash Rookie
Melee was december 3rd in US but not out till March in EU. That's my real worry.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
it can't be in march for us, that's a RIDICULOUS gap for a game release. he longest time I've seen between a game release is a little around month. three months is just silly. and besides, I've never known the uk's official Nintendo magazine to be wrong, and even they had to adjust their dates in order to present a more reliable piece of information. every gaming source had to.

the latest I see brawl comming out in the UK is mid january, or (if we are uber lucky) mid november. anytime before or after that seems a little strange, to say the least

Flister

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flister
This better make it to Australia by January's end.
So true, mate. (I never actually use that word but it seemed appropriate here)

Seriously though, I just noticed Halo 3 comes out here only a DAY after the US. If Microsoft can do it why can't Nintendo?? It's total BS; that really got on my nerves.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
it can't be in march for us, that's a RIDICULOUS gap for a game release. he longest time I've seen between a game release is a little around month. three months is just silly. and besides, I've never known the uk's official Nintendo magazine to be wrong, and even they had to adjust their dates in order to present a more reliable piece of information. every gaming source had to.

the latest I see brawl comming out in the UK is mid january, or (if we are uber lucky) mid november. anytime before or after that seems a little strange, to say the least
Wow are you joking? seriously are ****ing joking? that ****ty magazine is always wrong i mean they cant even give a good review ffs.

And WTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!?? Loads of games come out months (Note the s) after their American release date i mean look at SPM for example.

Anyways the only reason melee came so late was because that was when the GC was launched.

But seriously stop wasting your money on that magazine its a load of ****.

(And i hope to go you don't go on their ****ty forums)

Fabiano

Smash Apprentice
Really, American dudes, you are SO **** lucky.
You can get the game for christmas..
Since i'm dutch, i probably need to wait 'till January.

DaveOSmasher

Smash Rookie
Sry to all european guys

Im sorry to have to say this, but we will have to wait untill may 2008:(.
I know it sucks, i thought it was coming out on december here too, and my friends where so happy about it when i told them, its just not fair.
And also, the best thing about online games is to play with people all around the world, so we should really start at the same time.
By the tme we start playing, most of the americans will be pro or just got fedup with the game:urg:

Smashkingmarth

Smash Rookie
Rushed?

I know that SSBB will be fantastic in it's own rights, but i can't help but feel that it's been rushed. I just can't help myself in wanting it to be the perfect game. Though, I am creaming my jeans for the 3rd of December. I know They'll pull through.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I love the commercial for Smash Bros 64, It is so cheery. I wonder what kind of commercial they will put together for Brawl. I hope it isn't one of those "Wii would like to play" ones, I hate those.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, do the PAL region guys in this thread have short memories? Our version of Melee came with some very nice balance fixes that rounded things out quite well. I mean sure we lose out on the initial excitement but this is a game we'll hopefully be playing years to come, so it would be worth the extra wait.

Betrayed

Smash Ace
Changes are stupid, I don't think I'd be able to play in the PAL version because of just... stupid minor changes.

Sucks for people that get a late release though <<

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Nintendo site says it was released in europe > 24. 05. 2002

Is this true?

Edit- im talking about melee

JPW

Smash Ace
shouldn't be that late for us PAL players. Hopefully before or around February 08 would be best but.
I really don't see us going into May and I hope that isn't the case.

And I don't get the release date schedules sometimes.

For instance we'll be getting Metroid Prime 3 for November 8th apparently. And we'll be getting Super Mario Galaxy 15th November.

Yet it's going to take a full month or two for Smash Bros. Brawl?

As I said in the other thread Aussies really shouldn't be left out. In fact Aussies should be getting their games before europeans cause there's really only 3 languages to really consider for us(Japanese, Chinese, English). Cause most of the foreigners living here actually know and understand English. And our TV's are NTSC/PAL compatible these days.

I've heard that NYE release date for Smash Bros. rumour for Australia too. EB says it's for the 31st. I reckon that be a horrible date though.
Couple of reasons....

1: Christmas would be over. Most families would of stocked up on gifts and be really not into buying anything in the following week. And most parents would probably tell their kids "we just bought you a game for christmas."

2: New Year's Eve is a celebration day. Where most people spend the day with their family, love partener, friends, at work(good money for bars on NYE), most of us will hardly have the time to drop in and pick up Smash Bros. And i've always been a fan of fireworks, So i usually like to watch those. But I actually celebrating something other than a new year. But knowing other gamers we're going to be too busy with commitments.

3: Some families, friends, love parteners will even be on holidays, in another part of the country or the world for that matter. Smash Bros. will slip their mind.

So it wont get the well deserved launch in Australia sadly on NYE.

If they want to release it at the start of the new year or close to I would say 11th January should be the best way to go. It's mid holidays for Aussies, most people be back from holiday. School kids would be able to buy and play the game. Parents wont really mind. Some kids whose parents are quite strict about money and such and kids wasting it and such might even be able to sneak it in and say "Don't you remember you got that for us at Christmas" or "my friend and I bought it, it was kind of a friend thing"

Also by the way I think the longest gap we've had is Super Paper Mario Wii..... 6 months right? Though we also do wait a while for FE games.

Eagle

Smash Lord
IMPORT IMPORT IMPORT

not a hard concept to grasp
I assume by import you mean order it from 1 country to another.
But that won't work, NTSC property games won't work on PAL Wii's.

NTSC made games work on NTSC made wiis on NTSC compatible TVs.

PAL made games work on Pal made Wiis on Pal compatible TVs

Or so I'm told..

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
I hate that we in Europe has to wait until next year before we get the game while USA will get it this year. It fells lika Europe always get the big games after USA and Japan.

iMichael

Smash Lord
i cant wait until brawl comes out. however i am going to miss melee :'(
I will still play melee(sometimes) Brawl will not be like Melee and you might wanna go back for maybe an hour or two and get that old feeling again....

12-3-07 Get ready to brawl

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Hey, where did you get the release date?. There are asking for it in a spanish forum when i say the release date in USA.

Broly

Smash Lord
melee will never be replaced. brawl will = halo 2. halo 1 was a hit than halo 2 effed it up. same will go 4 brawl. i just hope its competitive. n no lyn, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

locke117

Smash Rookie
**** it i want brawl but no europe has to wait a further so many months its not fair

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea and ONM will be like "Wow only another 7 months until Brawl is released in the UK Nintendo are working there *** off to release it" or some other stupid wrong noobish **** like that...

JPW

Smash Ace
Hey I was just talking to my mates about when we could be getting Brawl and I thought:

What if they announced the PAL release date as 27th November. You see you all think you're getting it 1st, but actually you'll be getting it last.

That would so rip you off. Aussies and Europeans getting the head start.

Nah

I hope the pal release date in Mid January.

Or else to mark the Wii one year anniversary it could be 7th December. That would be much better huh. I hope we can get it before christmas. If they can make it so we get Mario Galaxy and Metroiud Prime a few weeks after US, then they can do the same for Smash Bros.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
NO, I dont know. I hope there is, I have two finals to take on the third. One of them starts ten minutes after Gamestop opens *sugh*.

Top Bottom