• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl playable at E for All (Oct 18-22) with daily tournaments!!

The Game II

Smash Champion
Metaknight - TOP TIER- reach and combos of marth, floatiness and recovery of jiggs and kirby combined.

Ike - BOTTOM TIER - possibly the worst character ever in the smash brothers series.
I thought Ike was decent. I got used to him pretty quickly.

But definitely Metaknight. And I think Mario could be top tier as well.

--GCII

quak

Smash Champion
so what happens when you airdodge into the ground? do you just float there till your airdodge animation is over and land?

festizzio

Smash Champion
I never tried wavelanding, but if you try wavedashing the air dodge will continue with the momentum of your jump and it'll be like another jump, which is interesting for recovery because you can up-b after you airdodge, so using the momentum of the jump to airdodge upwards to get more vertical reach.

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
-_- Wavebouncing. Meh, I need t3h play :( Who else is good? How's Pit? And a very important question: Does final smash have competitive potential? Does the GAME have competitive potential?

festizzio

Smash Champion
Final Smash is ridiculous...for some characters it's a OHKO, Sonic's is way broken, Link's is really good if you can actually hit with it. Also after you hit the smash ball enough to get it, you have to press Y to actually use it. And if you don't use it, it can be hit out of you and you have to get it again.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
Fox is still good, hes just not GOD anymore, thats metaknights spot now.

and glenn you liked IKE????

almost everybody agreed that he is trash, he is 1/2 the speed of bowser, and probably just as strong....but still he is way too slow. his up-b only goes vertical, his side b is like foxs but slower and shorter, and his aerials have about a 1 sec startup time if not more.

OH i completely forgot about mario....they finally decided to let their fuking mascot not suck balls. I think he will be high tier though MAYBE top but of course its still to early to tell. I think the reason why he looks so good though is because he is the only character who you can play the way you play with him in melee.

*EDIT - Final smash has NO competitive value. Not only is it random where it appears but for most characters it is a one hit kill (metaknights, as if he needed to be any better). And some of them just plain suck dik....(foxs tank will just increase the chance that you will suicide)

The Game II

Smash Champion

almost everybody agreed that he is trash, he is 1/2 the speed of bowser, and probably just as strong....but still he is way too slow. his up-b only goes vertical, his side b is like foxs but slower and shorter, and his aerials have about a 1 sec startup time if not more.
It might have been based on a few factors - it was 1 time (2 minutes), I played a scrub Sonic, it was a short field and I used the classic controller.

Tomorrow when I get a few more chances to play, I'm sure my opinion will change. Out of the five new characters, I got used to MN quickly, then Ike the second quickest. It's kind of like ... most everyone likes Pit and I had a hard time controlling him.

--GCII

Xeritross

Smash Apprentice
They need to fix some things for sure. The pre-release doesnt even touch Melee so far. And if the final game is this way, then competitive smash is over with for me.

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
I really hope it resembles melee, just so competitive players can enjoy the game the same. Stick to the true dedicated Smash fans. :/ Even though, no complaints if it's too different. I guess we'll wait till the Gamecube controllers are usable. Too bad it wasn't during E for all.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace

OH i completely forgot about mario....they finally decided to let their fuking mascot not suck balls. I think he will be high tier though MAYBE top but of course its still to early to tell. I think the reason why he looks so good though is because he is the only character who you can play the way you play with him in melee.

*EDIT - Final smash has NO competitive value. Not only is it random where it appears but for most characters it is a one hit kill (metaknights, as if he needed to be any better). And some of them just plain suck dik....(foxs tank will just increase the chance that you will suicide)

Wow dude, calm the f*ck down. As if anyone cared about your opinion. If you didn't get interviewed, then what you say is pretty much useless.

Rom was there to check out the little kids anyways

Charoo

Smash Champion
I can't believe nobody answer this yet

Yes. Champ Combo is still in the game and that means Champ Combo 64 is going to happen.

I like fox's sideways taunt

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
And what about fox?
As for fox - he is the only character I played, and he is greatly tones down, but I think he still has a lot of potential once more aspects of the game are discovered (as with any character).
The main thing that really got to me was the lack of the use of Shining. Jump canceling his shine is still in, but it's really a lot laggyer and hardly has a knockback. As of now it seems pretty useless, but who knows, maybe we'll discover something.

$ick

Smash Lord
Need more info! I don't wanna have to go to Brawl Discussion... hehe

Edit: Forgot to say thanks for the info already given. ^_^

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Yo Romeo thanks for the updates. I'd take his advice over glens, no offense but he just has a lot more experience and skill competitively. Also I'd like to say that nobody knows who has more or less potential at this point. it's not like anyone guessed that falco would have such combo potential when melee came out; similarly, you can't assume that a character has more or less potential than you can see right now.

Just a few questions:

have you found any good ways to gimp people or does the smash DI and floatiness make it harder to kill at low percents?

is zelda not playable? i haven't heard anything about her.

and i know it's difficult to test, but how do people like zero suit samus?

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Too bad it sounds like the speed factor and technical game is dumbed down. Yes, it's all about mindgames, but IMO t3h fun is in t3h combos and technical moves.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
I can't wait for tomorrow, because the next few days are my only chance of taking out the previous SSBM pros. =P

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Ya think??? Just kidding. XD

But seriously, this game gives me a chance to redeem myself from SSBM.

Atlus8

Smash Master
PHOENIX CUTS IN LINE!!!:mad: preety clever too.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE POWER!?!?!?!

Was the entire convention dark or where the lights still on?

Edit: (Random thought appeared on my head from yesterday at the convention.) :laugh:IJay said that one of the Booth Babes was helping Romeo with the controlls.:laugh:

Edit 2: What kind of T-shirts where there today? (looking at Trevyn since he freeloads all over the convention)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Flyleef: after a few posts about the same thing with no replies, it's safe to assume no one really cares! well, have fun at the convention :laugh:

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Flyleef: after a few posts about the same thing with no replies, it's safe to assume no one really cares! well, have fun at the convention :laugh:
:ohwell:

Read carefully, Connor:

I have to go tomorrow.... Brawl is toooo ****.
I can't wait for tomorrow, because the next few days are my only chance of taking out the previous SSBM pros. =P
Ya think??? Just kidding. XD

But seriously, this game gives me a chance to redeem myself from SSBM.
Uhh... no. Nice try though. ;)

after one post with no facts, it's safe to assume you're wrong! have fun at home :laugh:

nublet06

Smash Lord
wow, neal got jipped.

i call shenanigans. he would of won for sure. so if he doesnt, then it wasnt fair.

neal for 0 in brawl rankings

*EDIT*
neal won. but it was single elimination or something....i still give it to him tho.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
:ohwell:

Read carefully, Connor:

Uhh... no. Nice try though. ;)

after one post with no facts, it's safe to assume you're wrong! have fun at home :laugh:
lol, it was a joke but FINE I will read carefully in the future. I will most definitely have fun at home, smashing with T!mmy and T0mmy and others!! GET ***** IN BRAWL SON!!

The Game II

Smash Champion
wow, neal got jipped.

i call shenanigans. he would of won for sure. so if he doesnt, then it wasnt fair.

neal for 0 in brawl rankings

*EDIT*
neal won. but it was single elimination or something....i still give it to him tho.
wtf they declared him the winner? btw it was double elimination and they're supposedly going to finish tomorrow.

--GCII

edit: I'll have two podcasts up once I get done eating this pinkberry :)

Top Bottom