• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl playable at E for All (Oct 18-22) with daily tournaments!!

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Actually they're 4-day passes
Gran_Calc said:
Q. Are the passes valid for only Saturday and Sunday?
A. Not sure where you got that idea, but the passes are four-day passes, valid for the entire duration of the expo. 400 four-day passes are available free of charge.

Q. When and where can I pick up my pass?
A. If you reserve the pass through the link provided in the article, you can pick up your attendee badge at the expo registration area at any time of any day during expo hours.

Q. How much is admission if you are not going to play?
A. If you decide not to take advantage of this offer (I don't know why you wouldn't), you can pay for admission at the door. A link to the pricing is provided in the article:
http://www.eforallexpo.com/about/packages_pricing

Q. Is there any entry fee to compete in the tournaments or other activities?
A. No, all tournaments and other activities hosted by MLG are free of charge. In other words, at no cost to you (other than transportation, food, and lodging, if applicable), you will have a chance to win cash prizes and you will have an opportunity to check out the expo in its entirety.

MLG's top players will not be competing in these tournaments, further opening the playing field. These players include but are not limited to:
OGRE1
OGRE2
Walshy
StrongSide
Neighbor
ElamiteWarrior
Legit
Halogod
Naded
Lunchbox
Roy
Fonzi
Foulacy
Cpt Anarchy

MLG employees, event staff, freelancers, etc. will similarly not compete, or at least will not be eligible for prizes.

Q. Who is eligible to play in the Halo 3 tournament?
A. Outside of MLG's top players mentioned above, anyone 17 years of age or older is eligible to compete or participate in Halo 3 activities. Here are the restrictions:
1. All participants must sign a participation release form
2. All participants who are 17 years old must have parental consent
3. All participants who are 16 years old or below are not eligible to participate in Halo 3 activities
4. All participants, regardless of age, can still participate in all non-Halo 3 activities (see below)

Q. Who is eligible to play in the Halo 1, NBA Live 08, and Guitar Hero II tournaments, and the Gears of War, Shadowrun, and Rainbow Six: Vegas LANs?
A. Everyone. However, there are some restrictions:
1. All participants must sign a participation release form
2. All participants under 18 years of age must have parental consent
3. All participants under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times during the expo

Q. Can I play in more than one tournament?
A. Yes, as long as there are no scheduling conficts. For instance:
- You can compete in the Halo 1 FFA, Halo 3 FFA, and a choice of the Halo 1 4v4, Halo 3 4v4, or NBA Live 08 competition. (The Halo 1 4v4, Halo 3 4v4, and NBA Live 08 competition take place simultaneously; therefore, you cannot compete in more than one of the three.)
- You can compete in any of the tournaments and also in the Halo 3 Training Camp sessions
- You can take part in the Guitar Hero II competitions, but scheduling will not be adjusted for you should you advance far enough, meaning you will forfeit non-GH2 matches if they conflict with GH2

Q. Does registering for a free four-day pass online guarantee entry into a tournament?
A. No, registering for a free four-day pass online through MLGpro.com does not guarantee you entry into any tournament. To secure entry into a tournament at E For All, you must register for the particular tournament in-person.

Atlus8

Smash Master
:confused:ARE THESE 4 DAY OR JUST WEEKEND PASSES?!?!? SOMEONE, GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT . . .:mad:

Edit: Looks, like I can be relieved since the passes GUARANTEE you entrance since they have just closed registration. Now . . . are they for all Four days or just the weekend?

Edit 2 for vvvv. GREAT!

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
Hello All. If anyone is able to provide housing for Deadly Alliance members coming in from NYC, please let me know. Message me on AIM at Kubuu and let me know when and where to find you. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help us out. Thank you.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
So what time does this sheezy start? I need to know when I can start looking around the boards to see what our fellow smashers have found out bout the game.

malva00

Smash Master
the vip people and people who registered before september 1st get in at 11am everyone else 3pm unless it's been changed

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
****, that kinda sucks. Thanks Isai for the info. I guess I'll be refreshing smashboards every 10 minutes round 3 oclock.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I only played the game five times using all the new characters ... I kept wavering between 64 feel and melee feel, and I'd probably lean toward 64 feel.

I'm going to put up a 10-minute podcast that included me, the HAZE and gimpyfish later tonight, and we somewhat breakdown the game.

More to come tomorrow. By the way, nintendo people were watching all those with cameras because they kept telling people to not do screen-only video/pictures.

--GCII

AznLanceLord

Smash Cadet
yeah l-cancel and WD is gone

that good enough?
Wait, how do you know? :confused:If they are gone...I dunno what's gonna happen to me. But L-canceling has been out in the N64 has it? (well, z-cancelling) It should be included! I think WD should still be in there because what other animation can take its place? Again, where did you hear this from? I really want to know!

The Game II

Smash Champion
Wait, how do you know? :confused:If they are gone...I dunno what's gonna happen to me. But L-canceling has been out in the N64 has it? (well, z-cancelling) It should be included! I think WD should still be in there because what other animation can take its place? Again, where did you hear this from? I really want to know!

The running joke today was "Stop trying to wavedash." I didn't see anyone do it. Now that's not to say it isn't there, but we have tournament players trying out the game.

So there you go.

--GCII

festizzio

Smash Champion
I tried wavedashing and all I did was jump up in the air...also, after air dodging you can attack, jump, do whatever, it's not at all like the air dodge in melee. And L-cancel may still be in there, but you just do it in a way nobody's thought of yet. Or maybe not, and maybe Brawl is about as deep as Pamela Anderson, I don't know.

festizzio

Smash Champion
I don't know about the floaties and fast fallers, it looked like everybody just fell at the same rate to me. O_o and about dash dancing, it's in there, as well as shield grabbing and jumping out of shield. Although Light shielding wasn't in there, but that might just be because of the controllers, I'm not sure.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
Its pretty different, like you can not directly translate the way you play melee, into brawl and expect to do well. I dont know if it was the control or just us being noobs cuz we only played it for a combined total of like 20 minutes but its weird, feels like a combination of 64 and melee..

Either way though it is no where near as technical as melee is. It is MUCH MUCH harder to KO somebody, the roofs and sides have been expanded, AND at the same time everyone is so floaty so you rarely actually have to use recovery, if you DI'd up. The smashes in general are slower, not the executuion time but like when you hit somebody you both get kinda "stunned". People have been saying wavedashing is in but in a different way, same with cancelling. Like you notice that sometimes the lag on an aerial is quick or sometimes its laggy as ***. Meaning that theres no L cancel, BUT there is still some way to do it, we just dont know it yet. This **** is brand new so im sure there is so many new tricks and **** like that that we have yet to discover, itll jsut take time. When you first played melee, im sure you didnt pick fox and waveshine your friend off the stage and then edgehog him, that **** took a while for us to find out.

I can say though that its definitely NOT a disappointment but at the same time its definitely NOT perfect.

Its fun as *** though, like you actually wanna play it, i just wish so many noobs werent waiting in line so i can get more than jsut 2 minute matches.

OH but this i can say without a doubt

Metaknight - TOP TIER- reach and combos of marth, floatiness and recovery of jiggs and kirby combined.

Ike - BOTTOM TIER - possibly the worst character ever in the smash brothers series.

he is so fukcin slow that you can not short hop any of his aerials cuz the start up time is longer than his short hop. FUKC1NG GARABGE. and he looked so badass too =[

fox looks like he would be high tier at the most, i mean it is too early to say some of this **** but, he was nerfed crazy style, shine barely knocks you back AND it has like a second of lag whether you hit or miss, hes a little slower, and his up air and up smash are a little weaker, but the shine is pretty ****ty now.

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
I can play without wavedash. Though I would prefer it due to feel. Eh... I really hope l-cancel is there. Gawd please.

EDIT: LAWL metaknight ftw...

festizzio

Smash Champion
Romeo pretty much summed it up, Metaknight is god tier, except for his odd lack of ko moves, and Ike is bottom tier.

AznLanceLord

Smash Cadet
metaknight's dair in one of the videos looked like marth's so that is no surprise. Ike looks cool and rocked in FE. Hey, perhaps the characters and style and play will be different in the next few months?

Top Bottom