• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl playable at E for All (Oct 18-22) with daily tournaments!!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
hey nealdt ,and other west coast staffers, post in the shack. I want to talk to you about meeting up or something.

Charoo

Smash Champion
so how about some housing for NORCAAAAAAAAL?

Update: Sheridan, Isai, Bob Money, Boback Maybe: Silent Spectre
Looking for housing for the Super Smash Twins... we're coming all the way from Oregon for this.
And to see all our SoCal friends as well (especially Neal!) X^)
u guys should post the date u're coming and leaving also to help the housing people out.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
u guys should post the date u're coming and leaving also to help the housing people out.
We're working out the details right now, but yeah, you're right. We just ordered our E for All tix. :)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm waiting for someone to respond to my post on the mlg forum -_-

Atlus8

Smash Master
Hey some of norcal might come can anyone close house 4-5 people?

So far it might be Sheridan(driver), Isai, Bob Money. SilentSpectre/Scamp maybe

We would need housing on Friday night and Saturday night
Looking for housing for the Super Smash Twins... we're coming all the way from Oregon for this.
And to see all our SoCal friends as well (especially Neal!) X^)
I might not go to this: money johns.
Approx. 7 . . . hmmm. . . I'll talk with my parents and see if they are cool with housing.

And how long are the twins staying?

Home address:
14820 Blythe St. apt 10
Panorama City, CA 91402

Map to convention:
Mapquest

If you can find a closer place to the convention then please consider it, since this is not guaranteed housing.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hey, someone should try to figure out what techniques are still in the game aka wavedashing, l-cancel/wavedancing etc.

D

Deleted member

Hey, someone should try to figure out what techniques are still in the game aka wavedashing, l-cancel/wavedancing etc.
Agreed. Also, find out about yoshis changes, and if he keeps his djc.

Jem.

Smash Master
Clearly, you have all already fallen for Nintendo's trap. In exchange for pushing the game back over 2 months, you get to play it for a tiny little bit.. You're all falling for it.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Is anyone else having trouble buying tickets? 'Cause I am. And it's the last day too....

Jem.

Smash Master
clearly you want to buy a game that isnt done being made.

Do you realize how long Nintendo has had to think about it and work on it? The thoughts on it were mentioned 2-3 summers ago. Pretty sure Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out first at this rate, lol. Just saying, they're letting other companies get the edge on them.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Why would they WANT to delay the game? It makes no sense, especially since they miss the holiday season with the delay. Just because the game has been in development for a while doesn't mean that it can't suffer fron unforseen set backs, or maybe they came up with a great new idea that will take more time to implement.

I seriously doubt they wanted to delay the game. But that doesn't mean it isn't necessary.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It wouldn't be unheard of, sometimes companies will delay a product to make another quarter look better. I don't think that's why Brawl has been delayed.

Dodger, I don't know if this helps but this is what happend to me. When you go to the site it may tell you your information does not exist even if you already registered. Do not click the resubmit button but instead choose the re-enter option.

Make sure you print you reciept, a few minutes later I recieved an e-mail telling me I that my badge would not be mailed but I could pick it up at the south entrance (or something like that). So I think it went through alright.

Does anyone think they might be able to house little ol' me for a night or two? If not I'll figure out a way to deal with it but it never hurts to ask.

araknophobik

Smash Master
i dont think i can take another heartbreak after halo 3
those who go and play it:
if its good, i'd like to know
if its bad, i'd like to know as well
don't hype up the game just cuz its smash if it isn't that good multiplayer wise

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Do you realize how long Nintendo has had to think about it and work on it? The thoughts on it were mentioned 2-3 summers ago. Pretty sure Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out first at this rate, lol. Just saying, they're letting other companies get the edge on them.

Jem, what you're forgetting is that even if they try to keep on a schedule, **** COMES UP! It is nigh impossible to finish a project as complicated as SSBB perfectly on time. People quit, they find errors, they discover that Meta Knight is extremely overpowered and needs to be toned down to prevent from making him God Tier, the apocalypse begins and half the data is lost in the hellish lakes of fire. All possible reasons for keeping the release an extra couple months. I do wish they wouldn't let the Japanese get at it before us though, so unfair.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok guys, read the MLG page closely. By "registering" online, your name is placed on a list that MLG will have at the registration table of E For All next weekend. By printing out your receipt and going to the MLG booth, you will have a chance to get into the show for free on Saturday and Sunday. They have something like 400 passes, but they do not appear to be limiting online registrations in any way. Passes are available on a first come first serve basis based on when you arrive at the show.

In summary: simply registering on MLG's site does not guarantee you a pass for E For All. You still have to be one of the first 400 people to show up at MLG's booth.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Ok guys, read the MLG page closely. By "registering" online, your name is placed on a list that MLG will have at the registration table of E For All next weekend. By printing out your receipt and going to the MLG booth, you will have a chance to get into the show for free on Saturday and Sunday. They have something like 400 passes, but they do not appear to be limiting online registrations in any way. Passes are available on a first come first serve basis based on when you arrive at the show.

In summary: simply registering on MLG's site does not guarantee you a pass for E For All. You still have to be one of the first 400 people to show up at MLG's booth.
Thanks for clarifying things nealdt. Well, I did "reserve" a pass and printed it out, but I thought that was just to simple. Either this thing hasn't reached 400 registrations or someone forgot to close the registration after the first 400, so registration continues. If someone forgetting to close registration after the first 400 and it comes down to the first 400 showing up at the convention to get their "reserved" pass , then there might be quite a number of people disappointed.

Top Bottom