• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

link2702

Smash Champion
does anyone here know how to get riivolution to work on wii U ? :< I odn't want to have to hook up my wii Every time to get online now.....

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
OH MY ****ING GOD YOU GUYS CAPTAIN FALCON RECONFIRMED FALCON PUNCH SHOW ME YA MOVES HYESZ! THAT IS ALL GOODBYE

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm happy with Smash 4 but they are adding a lot of camp-centric characters like :4megaman::4mii::4palutena::4robinm::4robinf::rosalina::4villager: all of these. A lot of the characters rely on camping. Camping and gimmicks.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It feels good to have embraced my inner-brony.

As for the latest revealed newcomers in Smash 4...honestly I only like Robin because they look seriously fun to play as. Lucina on the other hand...well, I don't usually mind clones but I'm not really liking the direction they went with her as a Marth clone. I have no personal connection to either of them since I haven't played Awakening (or, regrettably, any Fire Emblem game for that matter).

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Hi all, does anyone want to brawl? Too dead to find a brawl anywhere from other sites, so why not. PM me or whatever you have to do. Have a nice day.

kaazers

Smash Master
Eeyup...

Oh, that reminds me. Did you get around to watching the last episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog? :p
I did, actually! I slept fine and the episode was OK for the most part except for…

brb, having nightmares

Though nothing holds a candle to

I don't remember how old I was when I first saw that scene but needless to say it creeps me out to this day. I will cringe ever time this scene's about to play, lol.

Ah at least I'm not alone.
You, King, Captain Crunch, and I are the "BREATHE, THREAD, BREATHE, DARNIT" gang, haha.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I did, actually! I slept fine and the episode was OK for the most part except for…

"Image snipped by KoP due to it turning huge in the reply thus freaking him out"
brb, having nightmares
Yeah, that's basically the part of the episode I was referring to. I don't think anything I've seen on TV has ever freaked me out more than that.

Though nothing holds a candle to

I don't remember how old I was when I first saw that scene but needless to say it creeps me out to this day. I will cringe ever time this scene's about to play, lol.
It makes you cringe every time ? Oh, thank the stars I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

You won't believe me when I say this, but when I was little the scene actually never bothered me and actually kind of made me laugh a few times from what I can remember, yet as I got older it would always make me jump, and it still does. WHAT''S WRONG WITH MY MIND?

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
You won't believe me when I say this, but when I was little the scene actually never bothered me and actually king of made me laugh a few times from what I can remember, yet as I got older it would always make me jump, and it still does. WHAT''S WRONG WITH MY MIND?
I used to love the dark when I was younger, but recently I've developed a horrible fear of the dark and can't stand it now. Also, little kid me used to think thunderstorms were going to turn into tornadoes and wreck my house and kill my family. Not normal thoughts for a kid, lol, but I love love love thunderstorms now, they're so much fun to watch. The mind is weird.

kaazers

Smash Master
Yeah, that's basically the part of the episode I was referring to. I don't think anything I've seen on TV has ever freaked me out more than that.

It makes you cringe every time ? Oh, thank the stars I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

You won't believe me when I say this, but when I was little the scene actually never bothered me and actually king of made me laugh a few times from what I can remember, yet as I got older it would always make me jump, and it still does. WHAT''S WRONG WITH MY MIND?
Who wouldn't cringe at that? I blame it for making me uncomfortable of any scene where you just see someone's back for a prolonged period of time. I always think they're gonna turn around and look like that girl in Courage. No lie, haha.

I used to love the dark when I was younger, but recently I've developed a horrible fear of the dark and can't stand it now. Also, little kid me used to think thunderstorms were going to turn into tornadoes and wreck my house and kill my family. Not normal thoughts for a kid, lol, but I love love love thunderstorms now, they're so much fun to watch. The mind is weird.
My page.

MY. PAGE.

MY BRAAAAAND.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, they do always say the mind does work in mysterious ways after all.

And speaking of thunderstorms, as dangerous as they are, I'm not afraid of them either. Well, as long as I'm not outside. They're quite the spectacle to watch. I'll usually try to capture them on camera for later on if I can.

California is pretty much a tornado-free zone, although a few months back there were some seriously nasty Santa-ana winds. It was the strongest wind I've seen and experienced in my life. It was so bad that we were actually getting potential tornado warnings, but luckily none were able to form. I think in some of the hotter and dryer areas around here Dust Devils can occasionally form as well.

I've also decided to change my avi again today. :p

Seibu

Smash Cadet
Also, little kid me used to think thunderstorms were going to turn into tornadoes and wreck my house and kill my family. Not normal thoughts for a kid, lol, but I love love love thunderstorms now, they're so much fun to watch.
When I used to reside in the midwest, we had storms like that pretty often. Not sure that any tornadoes came dangerously close to my exact area, but we had warnings and took precautions whenever those came about. I can remember my school bus breaking down (or maybe it just got a flat) during a storm, everybody else was terrified, but I just sat there with an expression that resembles my current avatar. Didn't have my Game Boy with me.

I think massive thunderstorms have also desensitized me to things like jumpscares in movies.

The only thing I don't like about big thunderstorms (while I'm inside) nowadays is the possible power outage. We had one last month, same exact day as the Smash 4 invitational. I was irate considering it took six hours for the power to be restored to our neighborhood, and I only managed to get on in time to catch the finals.

Incidentally, salutations to all! I saw this while browsing the forum index, figured it'd be nice to socialize with this group. I'm trying to get more into playing online, as I do not get to practice often enough as I'd like to offline. Paying regards to that, it'd be nice to play with users from here sometime, if you are the type to organize lobbies for rotations or other modes of play (I'm not very choosy, I enjoy playing whatever usually).

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
When I used to reside in the midwest, we had storms like that pretty often. Not sure that any tornadoes came dangerously close to my exact area, but we had warnings and took precautions whenever those came about. I can remember my school bus breaking down (or maybe it just got a flat) during a storm, everybody else was terrified, but I just sat there with an expression that resembles my current avatar. Didn't have my Game Boy with me.

I think massive thunderstorms have also desensitized me to things like jumpscares in movies.

The only thing I don't like about big thunderstorms (while I'm inside) nowadays is the possible power outage. We had one last month, same exact day as the Smash 4 invitational. I was irate considering it took six hours for the power to be restored to our neighborhood, and I only managed to get on in time to catch the finals.

Incidentally, salutations to all! I saw this while browsing the forum index, figured it'd be nice to socialize with this group. I'm trying to get more into playing online, as I do not get to practice often enough as I'd like to offline. Paying regards to that, it'd be nice to play with users from here sometime, if you are the type to organize lobbies for rotations or other modes of play (I'm not very choosy, I enjoy playing whatever usually).
Welcome, enjoy your stay! Though this place has become much more desolate.

kaazers

Smash Master
All this weather talk.

I always liked rain even as a kid, but thunderstorms? Not so much. The loud sound used to scare me. But now I think thunderstorms are awesome -- the harder it rains, the happier I get! I'll sometimes go out in the middle of a storm and just enjoy all dat rain. I just really like rain, hehe. Power outages do suck, though.

Welcome, Seibu! We don't post as much as we used to but we're still here. Fair warning that some of us can get weird in here. We've toned down for the most part. For your sake don't read the old posts.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, the potential power outages are the only thing I really dislike about thunderstorms. I don't mind a few days with rain, and I actually really love it when we get some rain for a couple days, even just for a day, as long as it's not constantly so heavy that it makes taking even a few steps outside of the house a hassle.

Welcome to the boards!

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
All this weather talk.

I always liked rain even as a kid, but thunderstorms? Not so much. The loud sound used to scare me. But now I think thunderstorms are awesome -- the harder it rains, the happier I get! I'll sometimes go out in the middle of a storm and just enjoy all dat rain. I just really like rain, hehe. Power outages do suck, though.

Welcome, Seibu! We don't post as much as we used to but we're still here. Fair warning that some of us can get weird in here. We've toned down for the most part. For your sake don't read the old posts.
All of this. When it pours, I'll sit there grinning like an idiot. The louder it gets, the happier I am. Last week there was a huge storm while I was at work, big enough that it knocked out the power for a second and effectively killed all of our registers for a good 45 minutes. It was a fun time, especially just seeing the sheer intensity of the storm.

Yeah, it's much quieter here now, but we all still come scuttling back often enough. Welcome to the asylum, I hope you enjoy your stay.. :awesome:

I missed this face.

link2702

Smash Champion
so i hooked up my old wii (riivolution wotn' load on my wii U) to test out the custom servers....

i'ma wiping my old Friend list clean(seeing as its pretty unlikely that most of em on it will ever appear online...i doubt any of em have riivolution.) and will be looking to add others here.

in the meantime while waiting for replies i'ma head to basic brawl and see if I can find someone lol....

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Welcome, enjoy your stay! Though this place has become much more desolate.
All this weather talk.

Yeah, the potential power outages are the only thing I really dislike about thunderstorms. I don't mind a few days with rain, and I actually really love it when we get some rain for a couple days, even just for a day, as long as it's not constantly so heavy that it makes taking even a few steps outside of the house a hassle.

Welcome to the boards!
All of this. When it pours, I'll sit there grinning like an idiot. The louder it gets, the happier I am. Last week there was a huge storm while I was at work, big enough that it knocked out the power for a second and effectively killed all of our registers for a good 45 minutes. It was a fun time, especially just seeing the sheer intensity of the storm.

Yeah, it's much quieter here now, but we all still come scuttling back often enough. Welcome to the asylum, I hope you enjoy your stay.. :awesome:

I missed this face.
i'm pulling you all back from the dead...

Its been three days!

Meanwhile I just saw the third Madoka movie and it took over my life...

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
so i hooked up my old wii (riivolution wotn' load on my wii U) to test out the custom servers....

i'ma wiping my old Friend list clean(seeing as its pretty unlikely that most of em on it will ever appear online...i doubt any of em have riivolution.) and will be looking to add others here.

in the meantime while waiting for replies i'ma head to basic brawl and see if I can find someone lol....
I'll add you when I go home.

Just be wary that wiimfi was down for like 3 days. Not sure if it's still down tho. Apparently something was wrong with the physical server machines and the person running it cant fix it yet because he/she was injured or something.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
@ Metalbro Metalbro We need to play P:M post wifi shut down. I'm not as Brawled/rusty as I was the last time we played. I've been playing Melee a lot lately.

Hopefully the wifi issues are fixed soon.

I want to play that good ZeroSuit and DK again.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
@ Metalbro Metalbro We need to play P:M post wifi shut down. I'm not as Brawled/rusty as I was the last time we played. I've been playing Melee a lot lately.

Hopefully the wifi issues are fixed soon.

I want to play that good ZeroSuit and DK again.
Fo sho.

Wait..... I have a ZSS? Lol?

It's funny tho. You said you've gotten better, but I remember you demolished me. Dat pillaring and shine.

Btw I am rusty as helll. Expect garbage gameplay from me.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Fo sho.

Wait..... I have a ZSS? Lol?

It's funny tho. You said you've gotten better, but I remember you demolished me. Dat pillaring and shine.

Btw I am rusty as helll. Expect garbage gameplay from me.
I remember one moment you had a crazy combo with ZSS on Dreamland. I remember you giving me a pretty tough time. People tend to beat me when I go outside of my Melee characters. If I'm not them then its still pretty close. DK and Samus gave me a tough time. Don't sell yourself short.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I never really got to play most of you. I've fought a few of you in the "With Friends" mode, in particular I recall Metalbro having a BEAST of a DK. I rarely saw good or at least half-way decent DKs online.

I don't know if I ever encountered most of you in Basic Brawl....for sure I know I found Kaz that one time (dat Giga Bowser was the best thing) and I probably encountered Admiral Pit a few times as well.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I never really got to play most of you. I've fought a few of you in the "With Friends" mode, in particular I recall Metalbro having a BEAST of a DK. I rarely saw good or at least half-way decent DKs online.

I don't know if I ever encountered most of you in Basic Brawl....for sure I know I found Kaz that one time (dat Giga Bowser was the best thing) and I probably encountered Admiral Pit a few times as well.
I don't think I got to play you before the shutdown, too bad i'll never know your playstyle in brawl.

@t Everyone: Here I thought this thread has died down again, still looks the same as it did two days ago.

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
i'm pulling you all back from the dead...

Its been three days!

Meanwhile I just saw the third Madoka movie and it took over my life...
It took my three days to get that reference…

THREE DAYZZZZZ!!!
no, it actually took me one second.

Don't nobody mess with Phantom and Kaaz's deadly Puff and Giga Bowser Basic Brawl duo… :evil:

Haha, I still remember you trolling that Captain Falcon who did not appreciate your Puff's singing. :awesome:

I don't think I got to play you before the shutdown, too bad i'll never know your playstyle in brawl.

@t Everyone: Here I thought this thread has died down again, still looks the same as it did two days ago.
This thread likes to die...

A lot.

Thread, plz.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Don't nobody mess with Phantom and Kaaz's deadly Puff and Giga Bowser Basic Brawl duo… :evil:

Haha, I still remember you trolling that Captain Falcon who did not appreciate your Puff's singing. :awesome:
That was the best thing. with your Giga Bowser scaring the others, and when that ended the Falcon joined and I started putting everybody to sleep repeatedly. The Falcon decided he should try and put that to an end.... a mission in which he did not succeed.

But then that disconnection happened. :cry:

A lot.

Thread, plz.
I revived it for a time. But it seems I can't manage to resurrect it again...

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It took my three days to get that reference…

THREE DAYZZZZZ!!!
no, it actually took me one second.

A lot.

Thread, plz.
That was the best thing. with your Giga Bowser scaring the others, and when that ended the Falcon joined and I started putting everybody to sleep repeatedly. The Falcon decided he should try and put that to an end.... a mission in which he did not succeed.

But then that disconnection happened. :cry:

I revived it for a time. But it seems I can't manage to resurrect it again...
It would help if there were things to talk about besides how dead this thread is :ohwell:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It would help if there were things to talk about besides how dead this thread is :ohwell:
Every time some kind of discussion does start, (namingly that time I briefly started a discussion about TV shows, and the recent weather discussion) the thread just seems to die again not long after....

Come on thread! Come back to us!

I don't know....maybe...yeah I got nothing....

Top Bottom