• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl on the MLG 2010 Pro Circuit (Edited with Additional Info in first post)

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
Tier lists are just supposed to tell you who's the general best assuming two evenly skilled people were playing.

I firmly believe that in some cases, if you learn your character and the matchup well enough, tiers don't matter. The lowest of the tiers are pretty much the exception to this rule but even then there are exceptions (Taj's Mewtwo anyone?).

Tier lists are a guideline, not absolute fact.
yea. so who r u gonna guys gonna play fer mlg?? or is it a surprise?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
So it says registration for the Online Qualifier for Columbus on the announcement page begins today. Can someone link me to that or has that been delayed?

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
yea. so who r u gonna guys gonna play fer mlg?? or is it a surprise?
Probably IC's and Diddy unless I find that I really enjoy playing as someone else.

So it says registration for the Online Qualifier for Columbus on the announcement page begins today. Can someone link me to that or has that been delayed?
http://gamebattles.com/wii/smash-bros/pro-circuit/10-mlg-pcoq-columbus/standings

You should be able to figure it out from there, I didn't really look that much into it.

Fletch

Smash Master
Tier lists are just supposed to tell you who's the general best assuming two evenly skilled people were playing.

I firmly believe that in some cases, if you learn your character and the matchup well enough, tiers don't matter. The lowest of the tiers are pretty much the exception to this rule but even then there are exceptions (Taj's Mewtwo anyone?).

Tier lists are a guideline, not absolute fact.
Taj's Mewtwo doesn't beat any real pro top tiers. He uses Marth for important matches.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
Taj's Mewtwo doesn't beat any real pro top tiers. He uses Marth for important matches.
Chu's Pichu did pretty well against some higher skilled people if I remember right.

But my point isn't that low tiers will beat high tiers, it's more that for some of the middle/lower middle tiers, if played well enough they can compete with everyone else.

Spaztic Monkey

Smash Cadet
Sorry Asakura I must've skipped over those posts. I thought that it was just arguing about the tiers and low-tier caracters that all of the other posts before it had:dizzy:

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
Hey, my name is Dan. I've been around Major League Gaming since 2004, and I am currently in charge of the Community Out-Reach program. This is a new position where I will basically search for threads on Smashboards.com that pertain to MLG or the upcoming events, and I will answer any questions anybody may have. So if you have any questions about MLG or the upcoming event in Orlando, ask away and I will answer them in a timely manner.

The first 2010 MLG Pro Circuit Event will be held in Orlando, April 16th-18th.

Passes are still available for SSBB at the Orlando Pro Circuit Event.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Player Passes on Sale Now! - 35$ per player pass

If you would rather not play, you can still experience the Pro Circuit Events as a spectator. Spectator passes are only 25$ for the entire weekend. You can purchase your spectator pass by going HERE. Please go here to view the opportunities available as a spectator.

Head on over and purchase your pass now!

March 26th is the deadline for booking a room in the discounted MLG block at the Disney All-Star Resort. Rooms are $99 a night and are limited, so be sure to book yours now. The Pro Circuit Event will be held in the ESPN World Wide of Sports complex, so you’ll be just a short walk away from the competition.

Book Your Room Now!

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
Will there be a NYC/NJ event like...well, every year?
As of now, there is no NYC or NJ event announced.

However, the 5th (finals) event has not yet been announced, so please stay tuned for more information.

Top Bottom