• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Moveset Discussion Week 7: Front Smash

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
As opposed to back smash? lol :)
lol, back smash. Neutral smash is where it's at.

D-smash is not a good idea on-stage where is could be punished. Use it ONLY on the ledge when your opponent is recovering. It's a pretty bad move, but it has one great use.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think you guys are underrating the Dsmash. I've used to it gimp lots of recoveries by using it right near the edge as they go to grab the edge.
Thanks

d smash has its uses, fully charged it is flashy and can actually do mindgames and hit (believe it or not), since its our fastest smash it can punish laggier attacks better but lets remember this is the front smash discussion mike =/
Thanks

Except the part about D-smash. It's not garbage, and the lag is the same as f-smash.

I use it in two cases:

1.) If I land a sheild break close to the edge of the stage, I use it as a fancy finish. (ONLY at 130% and over)

2.) Edgeguard if I don't have enough time to WoP. (the opponent is in the right spot and close)

The charge animation is too good.
Thanks

10Thanks

But meta's right this is about Fsmash.

I found a pretty cool thing on Fsmash btw. In a very wierd situation, I was able to hit pit with Fsmash while he was ABOVE me using Dair.

I'm getting the replay from him today so i'll send it to illin or something.

Veril

Frame Savant
okay, here's a good use for f-smash, and its worked every time I've done it.

Pit uses angel ring, which hits you and is grounded at the end. SDI out of it and downwards so that it is still out when you escape. F-smash. It will hit through angel ring.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Fantastic, that's going to annoy him so much. :luagh:

I really want to try this now.

Metatitan

Smash Master
d smash is only used for flashiness IMO, or if a yoshi turns around u while egg rolling and u decided to give him a mercy hit instead of resting :)

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
d smash is only used for flashiness IMO, or if a yoshi turns around u while egg rolling and u decided to give him a mercy hit instead of resting :)
Jigglypuff has some flashy moves.

1.) Sing edge guard
2.) Rollout edge guard
3.) Uncharged rollout onto edge
4.) Down Tilt
5.) Sheild Break lol

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
Charged fsmash is my fav move if they miss a rest or shield is broken. Dsmash is just terrible, don't use it.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Outclassed by Kirby's f-smash in both start up time and knockback. This was the one nerf that was uncalled for.
WHAAAAAAT!! :laugh:
That's the only nerf your upset about?!
what about d-tilt?
f-tilt?
Bair?
jab?
d-tilt?
Rollout?
running speed?
hurtbox?
U-throw?
did I say d-tilt?

Lol don't worry I'm just messin' with ya :laugh:

But yeah kirby pretty much >jigglypuff on ground. If you want to play ground go kirby cause playing jigglypuff as kirby (Kirblyuff syndrome) is somewhere down in H-tier.

Kirbyuff is character hero though, so no one gets any johns when they lose to kirbyuff. :laugh:

Also I talked a bit before that you can hit pit with F smash when he's above you, It's happend a few more times. I'm going to upload the vid.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yeah but F-smash isn't terrible. Its actually fairly good on the IC's and a few other characters because it gives enough shield pressure to screw with them. If they are landing at all, there isn't that much they can do about an F-smash.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
In that case, couldn't the same be said for DACUS?

that's usually better...

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I like fsmash as an occasional kill move. I don't remember if I've said that already.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
sometimes my random button mashing causes me to f-smash instead of f-air. One time it actually hit the opponent and killed him, and I smiled.

Top Bottom