• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
I just remembered...
Cannon Spike for Dreamcast had Megaman as an unlockable character. It's the classic Megaman.
So if anyone wants to start making Megaman maybe it will help :)

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
El_refugio, do you think you could get me his model?
I don't think so :(
I don't have this game anymore, and I don't know what format it used. I just had an idea because maybe could be interested on investigating about Dreamcast format.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@KAZECoyote

Hey, think you could go on MSN?

@El_refugio

I see. Well that sucks D:

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
for sepiroth's hair, try using marth's cape physics or something. ALSO!!! I remember while searching through one of the files (i think it was a costume pac file) I saw the words maya and a number after it that looked like a version number. Maybe this means they used maya to make the models, and hopefully this may help

KAZECoyote

Smash Cadet
How are we able to use his cape physics if we dont know what they used for it :/ maybe its a special modifier(like the cloth modifier) that reacts to the forces in the game... now how are we going to get the forces from in the game
*thinks*

Revven

FrankerZ
Just gotta ask.

People that don't do ISO hacking and use PW's File Replacement code 2.1a to use textures and etc. will they be able to use models made and that are distributed if they have the right file structure for it? Or does it not work for models yet?

Had to ask. kthxbi.

KAZECoyote

Smash Cadet
Just gotta ask.

People that don't do ISO hacking and use PW's File Replacement code 2.1a to use textures and etc. will they be able to use models made and that are distributed if they have the right file structure for it? Or does it not work for models yet?

Had to ask. kthxbi.
It works the same, it replaces the file, not just the texture. you can test by putting a characters fit.pac in someone elses folder under their name, the way i found out was by placing samus into C.falcons' folder and he was samus(or vice-versa), just glitchy and froze on commands samus' .pac didnt know.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Can your exporter be used on gamecube models?
Honestly I don't know. I've never even tested it on any onther Wii games, but that seems to work. If I had to guess, I'd say probably not.

for sepiroth's hair, try using marth's cape physics or something. ALSO!!! I remember while searching through one of the files (i think it was a costume pac file) I saw the words maya and a number after it that looked like a version number. Maybe this means they used maya to make the models, and hopefully this may help
The developers definitely used Maya for most of the modeling for the game. Havok was used for the physics engine.

Just gotta ask.

Had to ask. kthxbi.
Yep, I'll work perfectly. Technically for every testure you download you're also downloading a model with it.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
@ pharrox, okay well I kno other guys have used it succesfully with other wii games. But it's ok I found a different exporter for gamecube models. I can post a link if you guys like. there are alot of gamecube games that have decent models

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
@Pharrox When you sed that the models were made in maya, and the phisics were made in havoc, do you think it would be possible to edit them in those programs?

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
K well here is the link: http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

just paste it into ur browser. I'm gonna use this for star fox adventures. so krystal and adventures fox will be good models to use. also there is a krystal trophy in brawl, and a knuckles trophy in brawl.. I looked thru brawl's trophies and there are alot of good ones to use. I'm gonna take a look at melee's trophies next.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
I was looking thru gamecube games and a found a few good ones toexport models from
Starfox adventures
Starfox assault
Soulcalibur 2
Super Smash bros melee
Tales of symphonia
Majora's mask
Ocarina of Time
Bleach/Naruto/DBZ

these are all gamecube games that have decent models. obviously they won't all look right in brawl, since a few of them are celshaded, like ToS or ultra realistic like Soulcalibur. does anybody have any of these ISO's or these games?? if you do it would be appreciated if you could export some models and upload them cuz that's alot of ISO's to download/dump.

KAZECoyote

Smash Cadet
you should use Soulcalibur's Link instead of Melee's, it would match brawl more.
im working on a custom cloud model, mixing some of his outfits. he resembles classic ff7 with a hint of Crisis core soldier class 1 Zack and my own stuff, with Advent Children hair. he will be replacing Ike of corse.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
I was looking thru gamecube games and a found a few good ones toexport models from
Starfox adventures
Starfox assault
Soulcalibur 2
Super Smash bros melee
Tales of symphonia
Majora's mask
Ocarina of Time
Bleach/Naruto/DBZ

these are all gamecube games that have decent models. obviously they won't all look right in brawl, since a few of them are celshaded, like ToS or ultra realistic like Soulcalibur. does anybody have any of these ISO's or these games?? if you do it would be appreciated if you could export some models and upload them cuz that's alot of ISO's to download/dump.
I do have a melee ISO. But I have no clue what has been happening in this topic. If someone can PM me with what I need/to do, I'll see if mewtwo's model will work.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
@kazecoyote mind posting a pic of cloud? any interest in doing an advent children version?

KAZECoyote

Smash Cadet
@kazecoyote mind posting a pic of cloud? any interest in doing an advent children version?
im posting from my wii right now, so i cant. but idk about the AC thing, i would consider it if we are able to clone Ike into a different character(as in add another select portrait of him) then would do 3 outfits classic and 3 ac. but someone could easily rip dissidia or kh2 versions of ac cloud and rig it.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
not trying to be rude or anything, but shouldn't the model/character suggestions/requests be in a different thread? Idk, I just remember when it was more informative about the actual model hacking.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
@kazecoyote, you know that the model file is found in the .pac files on each costume right? meaning that you can have Ike as up to six different model hax. Judging from ur statement I wasnt sure if you knew.

@fortwaffles. that's true but since we're all waiting for pharrox to finish his importer we might as well talk about something related. I was just trying to help people find models of characters they like. so basically gamecube games are a good source, I'm gonna see about ripping the dissidia or kh2 cloud model

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
Okay I need a favor, do any of you guys use GMOD I downloaded some ragdolls only to find out that I need the source sdk to conveert them so that I can see them in 3ds max could one of you guys convert the files for me??

Mettra

Smash Cadet
Sorry if im asking a question that has already been asked, but I am too lay to look through all the pages.

Is there a way to put the .dae file back into a .pac file? Would someone have to use hexing, or would SSBBInsert do the trick?

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
@METTRA no pharrox is working on that now. did you even read the name of the thread?

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
so how close would you say we would be to be able to insert the models into the brawl game?
looking back at how far we've come, I think we might be able to make a whole separate game for the wii =P

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
so how close would you say we would be to be able to insert the models into the brawl game?
looking back at how far we've come, I think we might be able to make a whole separate game for the wii =P
LOL? No, we could make a brawl with completely revamped chars, but not a separate game. We are unbelievably far from doing that.

pghazanfari53

Smash Rookie
The model we need to add is Master Chief as a snake replacement.

Also, can we up the polys of the models, or do they need to be the same or less like the texture sizes?

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't matter if you upped the polycount on any Brawl models because at that distance, you can't tell the difference anyway. It'd just end up making more lag and giving you a bigger job in UVmapping. So in general, stay around the same polycount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom