• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl model extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Mario, I'm actually talking about transparency alpha. Colors get extracted perfectly.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Woah, wait just a second. Does this mean we might be able to export the character models, add textures to the hitboxes, then reimport them so we can see the hitboxes in-game?

*dies and goes to heaven*
I'm pretty sure I could model swap them as it is...

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Oh? Forgive my ignorance, but could you please explain what you mean by that (or point to an explanation)?

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but... being able to see the hitboxes would be extremely helpful.

EDIT: Heh, nevermind, I kind of realised I missed nearly 10 pages of this thread somehow so I had no idea what was going on; I read it all so I'm pretty much up to speed now. I'm not really sure of the exact process of making the hitboxes visible (is there one?), but I do get the general idea.

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
Mario, I'm actually talking about transparency alpha. Colors get extracted perfectly.
yeah I know what your talking about. but what I was getting at is, the alphas look very rough.

sorry if i was getting it confused with the RGB channels, they are fine.

here's what I mean.

that to me, looks wrong, or well terrible. >_< ..thats what I was referring to.
but that's why I said I wanted to dump the game textures, because I can't verify the 128/256 shades.

to me that looks like 128shades, that have been manually offseted.

usually the white would be a bit darker .. not true white(older error-but still exsists on some textures with new converter)

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
how do you unwrap or rewrap the textures or how do I add a texture to my model, The old ones are still on it but their obviously stretched wa all over the place

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey Pharrox!

I don't think you know me, but I'm the leader of the 4th texture hacker team, EliteSmashHackers (Is totally not advertising) and I got to know about model hacking. I got to extract my model, put it in 3ds max, I edited it (I'm not saying what I did :p) and I'm done with it. I wanted to apply a texture on it but it doesn't seem to work.. I know how to apply textures on a model but this time the texture just goes all blue or all brown, depending on the texture. A friend of mine said to put the Modifier to "Normal". That worked but for assist trophies only. It doesn't seem to work for my model. If you could help me on how to apply textures and not have that "T-Pose" if possible, I would like to know.

Also, once I'm done with the dae, I have nothing else to do? I know you're working on a repacker but I was just wondering if I did it correctly.

Thank you very much,

BigSharkZ.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Okay, so I've tested a trophy model that didn't work with at least William's tool before (crashed), and it still crashed.

The model in question was Andross. I'll compile a list later with the log files of models that don't work, but so far, Andross crashes. It's located in toy/fig, with the name Andross.brres.

[Logfile]

Oh, and for me, the normals are still flipped.

Is there a difference between ColladaMax and MaxCollada?

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
I heard using this you can somehow view textures before finishing them?
Is this true, and if so, how can I and what do I need?

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
it's not a model viewer, but it does convert the formats into something another program can use and view.

so you need either, XSI, 3dsmax, Maya, or.. whatever supports DAE/Collada Import.

those program now become the viewer that you can use to view your texture edits.

..but that's all pretty advanced stuff if your coming from a strictly 2d background area. because this will touch into the 3d domain

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
tested the rest of the assist trophies using 1.3. I also tested some on 1.2d.. but the still crash. also a few I can remember.. chicorita and customrobo skin weights are bad. like the left bones move the right side of the models verts. O.o

The Following Crash The Converter, but the textures and dAE seem good?

andross
chicorita
customrobo
cyborg
devil
excitebike
hammerbros
kururi
lin
resetsan
***robin (Textures Output Wrong) wrong palette?
stafy
tingle
waluigi
wright

mariokart64n

Smash Apprentice
I used the extractor on them, and the extractor crashed with an error, and generated an error log.

?i can post the logs if you need them.

EDIT
..I found Issebella in dead rising ^_^ yay.
if anyone's interested, here the file path to her file;
"1:\chara\ch02\01\ch020103"

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
That's nice. I've been having a problem, though. I made a model hack, but cannot apply textures on it. Do you know why? Also, what did you do to get the dae to brres?

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
whenI use the model in game will it look how it looks in viewport or how it looks rendered??

ComeDown

Smash Rookie
can someone upload some of the mg trophy's, mg ray, mg rex, naked snake and the shagohod.
or pm me a link please, i dont care if they are in the original pose.
thnx in advance

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
anyone know how to fix the broken polygon models yet? also, hows the progress on the importer?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@Poxag

Should look normal.

@ComeDown

Add my email, GokuSSJ15@live.com

I'll give them to you.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
is there a way to change the character's, basic stance, cuz Sephiroth's basic stance with his left hand raised above his head is much more awesome than Marth's semi-gay, girl pose. Also I think I asked this before but will we be able to edit the models of effect's?
Not until/unless animation support is added. I may get to effects eventually, but it;s on the bottom of my priority list (many things that may appear to be effects are actually models btw).

Hey Pharrox!

I don't think you know me, but I'm the leader of the 4th texture hacker team, EliteSmashHackers (Is totally not advertising) and I got to know about model hacking. I got to extract my model, put it in 3ds max, I edited it (I'm not saying what I did :p) and I'm done with it. I wanted to apply a texture on it but it doesn't seem to work.. I know how to apply textures on a model but this time the texture just goes all blue or all brown, depending on the texture. A friend of mine said to put the Modifier to "Normal". That worked but for assist trophies only. It doesn't seem to work for my model. If you could help me on how to apply textures and not have that "T-Pose" if possible, I would like to know.

Also, once I'm done with the dae, I have nothing else to do? I know you're working on a repacker but I was just wondering if I did it correctly.

Thank you very much,

BigSharkZ.
Not really sure about this. Brawl's uvs are flipped on v, so it's possible that could have something to fo with it.

Okay, so I've tested a trophy model that didn't work with at least William's tool before (crashed), and it still crashed.

The model in question was Andross. I'll compile a list later with the log files of models that don't work, but so far, Andross crashes. It's located in toy/fig, with the name Andross.brres.

Oh, and for me, the normals are still flipped.

Is there a difference between ColladaMax and MaxCollada?
tested the rest of the assist trophies using 1.3. I also tested some on 1.2d.. but the still crash. also a few I can remember.. chicorita and customrobo skin weights are bad. like the left bones move the right side of the models verts. O.o

The Following Crash The Converter, but the textures and dAE seem good?

andross
chicorita
customrobo
cyborg
devil
excitebike
hammerbros
kururi
lin
resetsan
***robin (Textures Output Wrong) wrong palette?
stafy
tingle
waluigi
wright
I've made a rar file with all the logs of trophies with errors, and some other models which cause trouble.

[Download]
Will take a look at it, thanks. Also, there shouldn't really be a difference between ColladaMax and ColladaMaya. I am aware of the normal problem, but I've kinda been putting off addressing it because I've tried all the obvious solutions and they don't seem to do anything. At least in Maya using normals->flip seems to fix it.

anyone know how to fix the broken polygon models yet? also, hows the progress on the importer?
My current guess for people having a problem with the models is that the importer they're using doesn't support multiple types of polygons in a single mesh (triangles and quads in one mesh).

hmmm, Pharrox, 1 question: Can you tell me where the pointers (bones) are in the hex file.
It would probably be easier for me to show you:

For the bone data:
Code:
    0x00: Size
    0x04: Pointer to MDL0 start
    0x08: Pointer to name
    0x0C: Number
    0x10: Bone ID
    0x20: Scale x
    0x24: Scale y
    0x28: Scale z
    0x2C: Rotate x
    0x30: Rotate y
    0x34: Rotate z
    0x38: X position
    0x3C: Y position
    0x40: Z position
    0x5C: Offset to parent
    0x60: Offset to child
    0x64: Offset to next bone on this level
    0x6C: Offset to prev bone on this level
    0x70: Bind matrix
    0xA0: Inv bind matrix

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hmm. I think I'm ******** XD.

I only hacked my FitCharacterShd.dae model and not the FitCharacter.dae.

I noticed the FitCharacter.dae doesn't look as crappy as the Shd one. Do I have to hack both? Also, will it create a problem if both aren't exactly the same?

EDIT: Well, I edited both.

Also, what would happen if I would put like, a giant tree on a character? I made that for fun and wanted to know what would happen, because there's no bones on the tree. Just copy pasta XD.

My other model is cool, though.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Hmm. I think I'm ******** XD.

I only hacked my FitCharacterShd.dae model and not the FitCharacter.dae.

I noticed the FitCharacter.dae doesn't look as crappy as the Shd one. Do I have to hack both? Also, will it create a problem if both aren't exactly the same?

EDIT: Well, I edited both.

Also, what would happen if I would put like, a giant tree on a character? I made that for fun and wanted to know what would happen, because there's no bones on the tree. Just copy pasta XD.

My other model is cool, though.
Shd is the hitboxes.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
@Pharrox The bone data you posted, is there a way to change the names of the bones, (like make the arm the leg and vise versa so the arm would do a running animation, and the leg would do arm animations)? Also, is there a way to change the length of the bone in there?
Edit: Nevermind. I got the arm and leg of marth switched after a little tinkering. It turns out that the limbs will try to go to the position of the one it swapped with

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Okay, now what I've noticed is that some textures, like the iris, don't appear on the model. This is probably due to the fact that some textures get blended together into one texture or something. Won't that be a problem with exporting?

I don't think texture blending or whatever it's called is supported by DAE files, but I do think you should take a look at this, seeing as it might cause some small problems when exporting.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I'm having alot of trouble ripping a sly cooper model, so i'm probably gonna have to model my own or something.
@VILE did you put the sphere for his spinning animations?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
anyone try any stage editing yet? if anyone has time, could they try to make a model swap with a trophy and a stage? (I might try, but i'm not the best at model swapping using hex)

Mackorony101

Smash Cadet
Sorry to bother, but I was wondering what the new tool (ais0.1.3) does. I havent been on the boards for a while and Im not sure how it works.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
Okay guys heres some of what I've done with marth.

This is sephiroth's face, if you have any criticism for this it would be greatly appreciated cuz I kno it doesnt look like sephiroth that much. I would have posted a full shot of the model but photobucket flipped out on me whenever I tried to upload the pic. waddaythink???

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I think it's ok, it's not like the camera will zoom in on it all the time, so i think the hair is what really matters

KAZECoyote

Smash Cadet
There may be a problem with that. the hair may be read as a solid object instead of hair. Idk if it would work, but sense your using 3ds max, try adding the flex modifier to the ends of the hair. but the developers most likely used another program for the physics.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
I'm npt sure about all the physics stuff but the hair is gonna be totally redon cause it looks really terrible in the back, plus it is just one solid object

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom