• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is the coolest

AfroQT

Smash Master
Comment on Eventhubs

"Ok, this sounds freakin awesome, Hype!!!
But 1 thing, serious question.

Why do people prefer melee over brawl?
In my opinion, Brawl is the coolest, most fun and balanced smash of all versions.
Melee was broken to hell with fox gimmicks etc..
I think the slower pace of the brawl game, suits me more or something, it feels more like an actual game.
+ Diddy kong <3 oh yeah and SoniC, wario and olimar."

My Hero

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Brawl is the coolest because I'm gonna have a hype $20 Gannon ditto with mink.

I'm not gonna be *** this time since I'm gonna practice a lot with lv9 CPUs, LMAO.
I'll make sure I won't have a single scratch when doing that tho, lol.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Project:M>Melee>Brawl+>Brawl->Balanced Brawl>Brawl.

Also, why the poster on eventhubs is wrong:
Brawl is less balanced, look up some statistics for Metaknight's winnings versus every other character, and compare them to melee.
Fox gimmicks are not broken because almost every other top/high tier character has "gimmicks" that can compete at a reasonable level. Jigglypuff even has a combo which functions as basically a two hit kill on Fox/Falco/CF, and 75% of the cast has chaingrabs up to high-ish damages on them (which is a big deal in melee because they aren't pretty much the only way to rack up damage and set up kills). If anyone is broken, it's Metaknight for having transcendant priority on all his normals, most of which come out in less than a handful of frames.
Regardless of how it makes him feel, a game being faster or slower doesn't make it feel like more of less of a game. But it does make it more competitive.
If the character variety is his only valid complaint, then he could just as well play Project: M.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Aw no love for ssb64? Never heard of brawl plus or brawlanaced brawl but I'm bretting that brawl brinus is bretter that them.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Regardless of how it makes him feel, a game being faster or slower doesn't make it feel like more of less of a game. But it does make it more competitive.
If the character variety is his only valid complaint, then he could just as well play Project: M.
You had a respectable argument until you said this. No.

:phone:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
You didn't even attempt to show what about that made my argument less respectable. Like seriously, wtf.
That would be like me saying "Brawl is bad because I just don't like it." While I don't like it, I try to give better reasons as to why it's bad rather than just "I don't agree."

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
You know how sometimes when you walk by people and you hear just a clip of the conversation they are having? The best walk by comment I ever heard was "Oh yeah girl, just ask my friends! I'm the rimjob master." Pretty gg imo, especially if his bros can back up his statement. Solid approach.

Top Bottom