• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is technical as ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
To those of you saying otherwise, try learning captain falcon's infinite. Once the opponent is past 40 percent, resets don't work anymore and each loop does less than 4 percent, meaning you must repeat it at least 15-20 times in order to get the opponent to a percent where you can finish with a knee/nippleDair.

Yeah, I know you guys don't care. Just thought I'd get it off my chest.

Inb4coolstorybro/brawlsucks/etc...

Player-3

Smash Hero
did you know captain falcons infinite will never happen

because you can't land a first hit nair on a rob that isn't ********

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
TvC is so boring :/ A combo last for like, 30 seconds. Jesus christ I hate games like that. I want to PLAY a game, not WATCH it.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
And LOL at Blaz Blue. Banning V-13......

And now its pick Rachel/Arakune or lose.

man up blaz blue community.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
waaaait, I missed the era of Melee Marths and no nothing about him like that. I only know Mew2King's off stage games. What's he be talking about?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This is exactly why I don't play Melee.

inb4omgmeleeismuchbetterthanbrawlbcuzofblahblahblah
Because it's good for reasons other than being technical?

Seems like a silly reason not to play a game.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Because it's good for reasons other than being technical?

Seems like a silly reason not to play a game.
I don't play Melee because Jigglypuff is the best character in the game.

My milkshakes are amazing *Toot Toot*(Yes I toot my own horn)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
But you would be wrong about Jogglypoof, as example of HERB3.

Meta Knight, on the other hand . . . . .

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention other ******** and easy CGs such as Pika's, D3's, and Falco's. GTFOutta here Tommy G, you know nothing about Melee.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
IC=wobbling. Very fun to watch.

Marth follow Fox/Falco's DI. Melee Marth's kill. Falco's and D3's doesn't. ******** easy? Enjoy not chaingrabbing with pikachu unless you're frame perfect.

Sheik.....enough said.

Dr. Mario cg.

even Ganon has a CG.

Don't get predicted by a Jiggs once. You'll explode when she goes to sleep. Oh btw, she also has the best aerial movement and one of the best poking aerials in the game.

Pound 4. Grand finals

Metaknight hasn't won a national tournament for months.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
MK=wobbling. Very fun to watch.

MK follow MK/MK's DI.

MK.....enough said.

MK

even MK has a CG.

Don't get predicted by a MK once. You'll explode when he goes to sleep. Oh btw, he also has the best aerial movement and one of the best poking aerials in the game.

Metaknight hasn't won a national tournament for months, though.
Sounds completely broken.

I really do hate MK.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Is it DI dependant? No? Is it just muscle memory? Yes?
Wait, are you talking about every combo in every fighting game ever, or something else? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

And Melee isn't THAT good, not good enough for me to get past its 100 percent bull ****, not adding ANY depth entry barriers like L canceling to make me spend the time needed to play the game. I can put the same effort into another game, and be in a game with greater depth and balance. At least Brawl doesn't do stupid **** to make itself hard for NO REASON. L canceling is hands down one of the worst ideas ever. Its nothing more than a button required every time you land with an attack, and becomes a required button and NOTHING MORE. There is NEVER a time when you could L cancel an attack but shouldn't. Never. It doesn't gain you anything. Its just a "landing" button and nothing more. It doesn't reduce the landing lag in reality, no, it sets a NEW landing lag base at the half cut range because you should ALWAYS be L canceling unless you are edge canceling, in which this situation would not apply.

Now excuse me while I go practice SF, Tekken, and Guilty Gear, or touch on Brawl a bit.

EDIT- Zio, that's very wrong. A lot of people CAN get predicted by Metaknight once and still live. Brawl matches take forever. Also, he doesn't have the best aerial manuverabliity by FAR, in fact, he has one of the worst, and any chain grab he has isn't worth talking about.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Sounds completely broken.

I really do hate MK.
He's not that bad.

Play smash 64. Pikachu is much worse.

CRASHiC, I think L canceling is a good idea, but L canceling to lose half of aerial landing lag is stupid. They should have made it cancel all lag like what they did in Smash 64. It makes 100 times more sense.

Player-3

Smash Hero
you can SDI out of melee ICs CGs and Marths only works on 2 characters and is DI dependant. And how many characters can get out of Brawl ICs CG? None, you say? Is it DI dependant? No? Is it just muscle memory? Yes?
actually diddy can get out

just to be a prick

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
IC=wobbling. Very fun to watch.
It's banned >_>
Marth follow Fox/Falco's DI. Melee Marth's kill.
I guess thats why you play on a stage OTHER THAN FD LOL
Falco's and D3's doesn't.
D3 doesn't on DK, Mario, Samus, etc.?
******** easy? Enjoy not chaingrabbing with pikachu unless you're frame perfect.
LOL Esam. I'm sure you've been CG'd by him a lot. It's not nearly as hard as a Melee Marth CG. Get over it.
Sheik.....enough said.
Sheik is ****ing ********. We know that.
Dr. Mario cg.
K', guess thats why Docs don't do ****.
even Ganon has a CG.
LOL Ganons grab range is ****.
Don't get predicted by a Jiggs once. You'll explode when she goes to sleep. Oh btw, she also has the best aerial movement and one of the best poking aerials in the game.
Colbol
Pound 4. Grand finals
It's in red :3

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
CRASHiC, I think L canceling is a good idea, but L canceling to lose half of aerial landing lag is stupid. They should have made it cancel all lag like what they did in Smash 64. It makes 100 times more sense.
Its still just a required button that doesn't NEED to be there. Take the L canceling out, put Melee's and 64s landing lag at the level post L cancel. The game will still play the same at top level play. That's the sign of bad design in competitive gaming IMO. You can't say this about other ATs in games. In SF3, you can't say "Just take the parry out, and have them parry everything" because parries add depth to the game, Makoto is built around parries and countering them and faking them out. Parries actually add something more than a button press. I could also use this example with each type of blocking guilty Gear, and could go into examples of when each type of blocking would be better for you in each situation in Guilty Gear. I can NOT do this however with L canceling in any shape or form, there is little reason I see to have L canceling in there. I have no problem with entry barriers, just with entry barriers that don't do anything or add to the game once you have reached a certain point.

D3 doesn't on DK, Mario, Samus, etc.?
The one on DK is generally banned, and the ones on Mario and friends is escapable before 160, and by that point, you are dead if he grabs you anyway.

LOL Esam. I'm sure you've been CG'd by him a lot. It's not nearly as hard as a Melee Marth CG. Get over it.
So this is what it boils down too? Taking two crappy things that shouldn't be in a game and saying that one is better because its more difficult? That's ******** **** right there.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hey, they're both ********. I'm not denying that, but he was arguing difficulty soooo I argued difficulty back.

And IDC about L/Z canceling, it's there, you gotta deal with it. I know it sucks but whatever, we can't change it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Before 45%, everyone can.

Just mash out.
there's some stupid *** trick that lets you drop things during hitstun or something and diddy can drop a banana and trip nana/popo and escape

what a stupid character

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Its still just a required button that doesn't NEED to be there. Take the L canceling out, put Melee's and 64s landing lag at the level post L cancel. The game will still play the same at top level play. That's the sign of bad design in competitive gaming IMO. You can't say this about other ATs in games. In SF3, you can't say "Just take the parry out, and have them parry everything" because parries add depth to the game, Makoto is built around parries and countering them and faking them out. Parries actually add something more than a button press. I could also use this example with each type of blocking guilty Gear, and could go into examples of when each type of blocking would be better for you in each situation in Guilty Gear. I can NOT do this however with L canceling in any shape or form, there is little reason I see to have L canceling in there. I have no problem with entry barriers, just with entry barriers that don't do anything or add to the game once you have reached a certain point.

The one on DK is generally banned, and the ones on Mario and friends is escapable before 160, and by that point, you are dead if he grabs you anyway.

So this is what it boils down too? Taking two crappy things that shouldn't be in a game and saying that one is better because its more difficult? That's ******** **** right there.
Just gonna say one thing. Your idea is stupid. At higher levels of play there are certain ways to mess up other players l-canceling. Such as angling your shield upward to make them hit your shield and mess up the timing of the l-cancel. Therefore we can punish the missed l-cancel. L-Canceling isn't something that people can do 100% all the time. Yes, of course we can against computers but against other humans we can manipulate it and mess them up. Of course it's mad hard and takes lots of practice.

Making it so that all attacks have a base landing lag half of which they currently have completely eliminates this defensive maneuver. So therefore your arguement is null and void. Try again.

(I don't hate brawl... It's just not for me. I'm not talking **** about your game, just defending mine.)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
tommy g is the best 64 player therefore if u truly like 64 players u must respect his argument and lay urs to rest...and let the true victor be tommy g

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So, a stupid ****ing physics exploit that the designers did not put in is why it should be left in? Sorry, not much of an argument. What you provided was a minor instant in which something that will be required thoughout the game is being used. Its out of proprotion. 1 situational moment where depth is potentially added to compensate for the entire game having a useless button press. That's still not good design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom