• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is technical as ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC

Smash Cadet
Anyways if it seems like I'm stating these things as fact I apologize, that's not the case. These are just my overexaggerated opinions so don't take them too seriously.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Brawl was the first thing I was introduced to. If anything, Melee should have made him realize what a joke Brawl is.

From his post it seems like he doesn't like Melee because he is getting beaten by better players and doesn't know what do it (aka it's too hard.) lol Brawl players. You have an amazing Melee player to play with at your disposal and you can't figure out how to get better?

I stand by my summary. Brawl players like Brawl because it's an insanely easy game to pick up and feel like you know what you're doing. Everything is slow as hell, you have a good amount of time to think about your next move as your opponent slowly floats towards you.
brawl was the first thing u were introduced 2? ur join date is 2001, u are a bigger troll than me.:(

edit: **** i double posted. ****!

edit2: wait im confused now. DC dosent like melee or brawl.... so the whole reason ur in this discussion is to say smash is a bad fighting game?

Purple

Hi guys!
Melee isn't a 'hard' game. If anything, all it is (huge exaggeration), is learning to DI (can be changed from brawl), getting used to speed, (if you stop playing brawl, doesn't take too long), and 'learning to L-Cancel relatively consistently.

DC

Smash Cadet
DC why the hell are you even on smashboards
Because I've been playing Smash for over 10 years now.

brawl was the first thing u were introduced 2?
Well the first "fighting" game I started attending tournaments regularly for. I played Melee back before wavedashing and stupid **** was invented and even got 2nd place in the only tourney I entered (purple Fox, what's really good?). I played 64 but there wasn't anything serious back when I was like 11/12 years old lol. (Pikachu)

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Melee isn't a 'hard' game. If anything, all it is (huge exaggeration), is learning to DI (can be changed from brawl), getting used to speed, (if you stop playing brawl, doesn't take too long), and 'learning to L-Cancel relatively consistently.
Spacing
Shield DI
DI
SDI
JCG
Wavedashing
L Canceling

There's more than just getting used to speed..L Canceling and DI.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Spacing is in ALL fighting games, you learn how to in one game, its just a matter of practice in others.

DI, SDI, Sheild DI, putting all of those is redundant, becasue they still fit what he said, its in Brawl.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I could DI the same for everything in Brawl.

In Melee, I have to DI differently for certain situation.
I hope this thread gets closed.

DC

Smash Cadet
Brawl is for casual gamers. End of discussion.

/thread

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I could DI the same for everything in Brawl.

In Melee, I have to DI differently for certain situation.
I hope this thread gets closed.
That's not true at all. I also dislike the atitude that something being more technically difficult makes it more competitive. Chess if far more competitive than any video game ever created, but it takes no technical or physical skill at all. Competative value should NOT come from technical difficulty, especially when a good deal of that difficulty is uncalled for. And as for offense over defense, that's an opinion, and I will always find defensive play more exciting to watch/play, so you can't use that as an example as to why Brawl is any better or worse than Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom