• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl in the Mall Results...sorta

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I don't have the bracket file, but i'm sure Miinja will post the full bracket here soon.

I'd like to thank HAT, Chinesahh, and VanillaWaffle for helping to run the tourney.

WE HAD 82 ENTRANTS. Because we had 82 people and the late scheduled start time, we had to do singles only.

Payouts were to top 3.

So here is what I can remember...

1. Candy (Snake)
2. NinjaLink (R.O.B., Diddy, Dedede)
3. Meep (Ice Climbers)
4. NEO (Marth)
5. Pyronic Star (Olimar)
5. Lukky (Metaknight)
7. HAT (Kirby)
7. Speculosity (Zero Suit Samus)
9. Chinesahh (Falco)
9. JCaesar (R.O.B.)
9. Esoj (Diddy)
9. Jayo (Snake)
13. God-Is-My-Rock (Falco/G&W)
13. Slikvik (Wario)
13. Yoster (Metaknight)
13. Plairnkk (Metaknight)
17. Boss (Mario/Luigi)
17. Shadofiend (Sonic)
17. Baki (Falco)
17. Lionhart (Fox)
17. Snowballbob (Fox)
25. Tantalus (R.O.B.)
25. EEvisu (Dedede/Marth)
25. Deez (Diddy)
25. Blob (Kirby)

That's all I can remember

Yes Inui, we know what you think of snake, and we don't care. Don't need to post "Snake is God" again. Get *****.

This tourney ran fantastic, and i felt like seeding was great too. I did the seeding with HAT's help. If everyone could please report on how you felt the seeding was that would great, to make improvements for next time.

meepxzero

Smash Master
fun tourney candy's snake is godlike =\.

im banning yoshis next time against u ninjalink I have the worse luck on that stage LOL. All i remember was getting laser gimped at 10% from up bing T____T.

and yah somone post vids of my **** ice climbers =\.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Yes Inui, we know what you think of snake, and we don't care. Don't need to post "Snake is God" again. Get *****.
Lmao as soon as I saw that Snake won another tourney I just thought... ohh boy im sure Inui is gonna be all over this results thread.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
We also did crew battles. There were two tribunal brawlers crews, which both got last :/

Originals: Boss, Candy, ESOJ, Deez, NinjaLink
Bmores: Chineashh, DK SmAsh, Plairnkk, Neo, HAT
JLB: God-Is-My-Rock, JCaesar, Lobos, Vist, Pyronic Star
Westminsters: Tantalus, Waffle, SSR, EEvisu, Shadofiend
G-Squad: Spec, SnowballBob, Baki, Blob, Yoster

Finals were between Originals and Bmores but I don't know who won it since I had to leave.

Shoutouts:

Miinja- Thanks for hosting!
Bouse- Thanks for trying to make me feel better! Sorry your sick. Hope the recording went well!!
HAT- Good tourney, we make an epic tourney running combo!
Travis- Thanks for helping out!
Lionheart- You're pretty good against R.O.B, fox is beast
Tribunal Brawlers- step it son! Lionheart is your best player! Good matches though.
Shadofiend- good stuff in crews
EEvisu- good car ride lol random one liners, don't get 3 stocked by sonics
JCaesar- you're back in the game, your R.O.B. is beast, keep wrecking sonics lol
Spec- so close with NinjaLink and PS. Exciting!

Next time, we need to start early like 11am so we can do teams. That will attract more people for next time.

Good stuff everyone

Lobos

Smash Master
Bmores won crew battles
Originals got 2nd
JLB got 3rd

Good **** to JLB members placing.....I suck.....that is all

Next time I should do some practicing before going eh?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I don't have the bracket file, but i'm sure Miinja will post the full bracket here soon.

I'd like to thank HAT, Chinesahh, and VanillaWaffle for helping to run the tourney.

WE HAD 82 ENTRANTS. Because we had 82 people and the late scheduled start time, we had to do singles only.

Payouts were to top 3.

So here is what I can remember...

1. Candy (Snake)
3. Meep (Ice Climbers)
4. NEO (Marth)
5. Pyronic Star (Olimar)
5. Lukky (Metaknight)

7. HAT (Kirby)
9. Chinesahh (Falco)
9. JCaesar (R.O.B.)
9. Esoj (Diddy)
9. Jayo (Snake)
13. Slikvik (Wario)

13. Yoster (Metaknight)
17. Boss (Mario/Luigi)
17. Shadofiend (Sonic)
17. Baki (Falco)
17. Lionhart (Fox)
17. Snowballbob (Fox)
25. Tantalus (R.O.B.)
25. Deez (Diddy)
25. Blob (Kirby)

JLB brought it.

Spec: Good stuff. Second ZSS I've ever played in tourney. Where'd you come from lol?

JCaeser:....next time, lol. Good stuff at beating me on my CP

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
**** i wish i could have come.82 entrants is big tho for small tourney.probably could have placed higher then normal.oh well ill be goin to planks tourney next week for sure.

Love to Hate Nightmare

Smash Rookie
YO

Whoever the **** lives anywhere near this venue needs to realize that

A) This venue is mad close to my house
B) I don't brawl, but I want to
C) we should smash

Hit me up, and get down with baltimore

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
1. Candy (Snake)
3. Meep (Ice Climbers)
4. NEO (Marth)
5. Pyronic Star (Olimar)
5. Lukky (Metaknight)
7. HAT (Kirby)
9. Chinesahh (Falco)
9. JCaesar (R.O.B.)
9. Esoj (Diddy)
9. Jayo (Snake)
13. Slikvik (Wario)
13. Yoster (Metaknight)
17. Boss (Mario/Luigi)
17. Shadofiend (Sonic)
17. Baki (Falco)
17. Lionhart (Fox)
17. Snowballbob (Fox)
25. Tantalus (R.O.B.)
25. Deez (Diddy)
25. Blob (Kirby)
G-Squad doin it big.
yoster played 4 us in crews

fun tourney candy's snake is godlike =\.
dam i feel speshul 4 beatin his snake:chuckle:. now i just gotta beat his mk :mad:

Love to Hate Nightmare

Smash Rookie
Maybe I am too melee to understand what the **** anyone is saying bout snake and meta, but here's my nub-***-brawl take on this...

Characters don't win Tourneys, players do

Metaknight makes it substantially easier, so does snake, however to NO extent near how well Metaknight does.

Most Metaknight players don't exploit how ridiculously good their character is to the full extent, clearly because they're not really THAT good.(let me think of someone who is mad good, and smart, and pro, who uses metaknight... MK pros... hmmm... MK pros... NOPE can't think of any M2K pros...OH YEAH m2k) PLUS a lot of good players don't main Metaknight in this area because like... he's broken and it'd be gay, and this is the MD VA region, and we're ****in' sexy. We got MARIOS, OLIMARS, MONKIESSSS, and mad crazy and fun characters out there, all over the place.

Snake though? That mother****er can literally make one mistake and get his recovery RAPEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Let's see that happen to Metaknight.

If you play metaknight, you're gunna blow faces up, and if you play metaknight and have ANY INTELLIGENCE AS A PLAYER you're going to place high, probably higher than you would as a talented player who doesn't use metaknight.

Everyone(either that or everyone I know), from the start CALLED it, metaknight's GOING to be the best. Even non-competitive players! If they didn't KNOW it they figured it out, QUICK. Even my buddy Russ, who doesn't play video games, tried outsome characters, found metaknight, and was like drunk off his *** screaming how metaknight is the best character in the game. Not hard to tell.

That's why the meta-game continues to evolve, though.
Metaknight's top tier, clearly, so some people are just like "who else can do ****"
THUS, all the other top tiers are "created" from the gaping hole that is a tier list that needs to be below metaknight.
All the other characters rank below metaknight as imperfect charcaters with aspects that are good.

Snakes a good character, but I got respect and props for Candy, cuz snakes not even like "oh no, i got a snake in brackets"

Metaknight IS like "oh no, I got a metaknight in brackets"

SNAKE'S NOT TOO GOOD. CANDY IS.
(in beer pong)

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
That was my first tourney, but it told me something I did not want to hear: iot get better, I have to go to more tourneys. Otherwise, I was proud of myself. Thanks a lot, HAT. ggs

I thought that tourney was perfect (it was my first though, so...). Only thing I could ask for more of is space and TVs.

Love to Hate Nightmare

Smash Rookie
I thought that tourney was perfect (it was my first though, so...). Only thing I could ask for more of is space and TVs.
Albiet obvious we didn't get teams, had we had more TV's per person, things would have been much better.
Like, with 80 ****ing entrants though, that's pretty ridiculous we got everything done the way we did with the few set ups we had.

Too bad I can't be suprized.

It's ****in' Baltimore's finest DK's Jungle of LOVE helpin with THAT ****.

Mutha fukas are too goooood

Lobos

Smash Master
Oh did anyone see a cell phone charger at the venue? I might have dropped it....its for a sprint phone...

Vist

Smash Champion
fun stuff, tourney ran real well. more space and or seats would have made it perfect lol

ggs to everyone i played. meep your icies are ridiculous, ill have to come play you sometime or maybe at bmores place since they have a nice set-up.

meant to go all wario to get some experience with him but ended up using mostly gaw who i haven't really used for months :urg: im pretty lacking without luigi right now it seems lol

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Oh did anyone see a cell phone charger at the venue? I might have dropped it....its for a sprint phone...
I know someone found a cell phone charger but I don't know what they did with it

Lobos

Smash Master
I know someone found a cell phone charger but I don't know what they did with it
bah, hopefully they hold on to it for me......

Also someone mentioned this at the tourney but wow MD has alot of up and coming players. VA needs to step it up!

Lobos

Smash Master
1 va player lol everyone else is from MD with the exception of ninjalink who needs to give me some training >_>

va has like 5 really good players where MD has like 10+

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
so who did PS beat in the whole tourney !!!!! ???

i just want to know :/
this is P~S

idk :p
umm, i was on candy's side of bracket... only remember blob, speculosity, yostr, and esoj....woulda played plank but yostr and esoj beat plank right before he got to me... sorry for the people that i played that i didn't name. i lost to candy (gotta love the claw, clearly goes after the winning player) and neo

i'd do shout outs... but i'm lazy... and good **** spec... stop getting better you were about to beat me... and did the guy behind me talk trash or something and distract u? cus if he did thats ****ed up cus i like honorable matches and things to be fair... but i have headphones in so if he did i couldn't hear him and tell him to stop

Top Bottom