• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Graveyard: Where lost hopes rest

skullkidd

Smash Ace
hahahaha
i think it's almost disgraceful that nintendogs are even in smash at all.
/sarcasm

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
He's a genetic enemy which Kirby gets his fighting ability. Remember what Kirby does when you tap A while standing still in SSBM? Yea, that's from Knuckle Joe.
i think the fighting kangaroos from the gba games are better then knucle joe

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh, my poor Deoxys...

It may rest in peace once Blaziken is confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
FD Link will never be in Brawl, PC or AT. I seriously seriously doubt it.

So far...I've not yet seen an AT/Pokeball that upset me. I'm satisfied with Sakurai's decisions.

JPW

Smash Ace
besides Samurai Goroh I actually saw these guys as not having a chance anyway.

I'm pretty amazed people believed in them so much.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I was amazed that Goroh wasn't playable. I'm not interested in him but I always thought he would make it.

I can't wait to see Pichu's worthless self in this thread.

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Tom Nook is deconfirmed. I actually think that the AC stage increases his chances. If you look at the screen shots, he's not in the background all the time. Maybe he's not there anymore after you unlock him.

I'm pretty sure that there will be an AC character now that there's an AC stage, and the more I think about it the more I think it will be Tom Nook. I've thought about someone like Mr. Resetti, but the stage symbol is Tom Nook's symbol.
If he's in the background at all, theres no way he's going to be in as a character. End of discussion.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Right. Why would they put him there to begin with if they had intentions of him being playable? Not like Animal Crossing has a shortage of critters to use.

Some other hopes that are as good as deconfirmed:

SONIC-Similar as with Nook, if Sonic were to have been in this, then what would the point of the olympic game?

OTHER F-ZERO CHARACTERS-Goroh was the obvious next guy after Falcon. He was in the franchise from the beginning & has a weapon. If he couldn't make the cut, how could any of the others hope to?

DOWNALOADABLE CONTENT-This is 1 that upsets me a lot. Other online games have new maps & characters added long after their release & if SSBB had that feature it would be the ultimate solution to character wishes, if your guy didn't make it in then you still hope for the future. But the mere existance of the assist trophies pretty much says "no these people won't be playable, ever".

WII HARDDRIVE-Downloadable characters, alongside the 100MB Neo Geo VC games, would've been a big justifier for Nintendo to produce such a product.

CAPTAIN N AS FINAL BOSS-Granted this wasn't much of a possibility to begin with but the fact that the story's about trophies that fight & not the actual game characters kinda kills my idea for good.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
i'll be happy if i saw Waliugi, Red and other BS characters in here.

I'm satisfied with Sakurai's decisions with the ATs so far.

he is a smart guy, he knows what he is doing.
I agree, I dont have real hopes for Red, so I'd like to see him as AT (i like the PC idea, but I think he wont make it in as PC). And about the others, I thought Goroh and Deoxys as playables, but I trust in Sakurai and I believe their inclusion as ATs means better PCs in Brawl.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
SONIC-Similar as with Nook, if Sonic were to have been in this, then what would the point of the olympic game?
Did it ever occur to you that Nintendo, instead of paying licensing fees, offered an appearance of Mario in a SEGA game?

SEGA gets to make a game with Mario.
Nintendo gets to make a game with Sonic.

Even trade.

If he's in the background at all, theres no way he's going to be in as a character. End of discussion.
Mr. Game and Watch, Fox, and Falco all disagree with you.

Plus, there is the possability that said background character could only appear in the background while she/he is not being played or is playable after being unlocked. Did you ever think of that? Nook is NOT de-confirmed.

Don't make pointless assumptions unless you have your facts straight and evidence to back them up.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Mr. Game and Watch, Fox, and Falco all disagree with you.

Plus, there is the possability that said background character could only appear in the background while she/he is not being played or is playable after being unlocked. Did you ever think of that? Nook is NOT de-confirmed.

Don't make pointless assumptions unless you have your facts straight and evidence to back them up.
Yea, but there is a bit of a problem with that....

Fox and Falco were never PHYSICALLY there, its just the arwings with some voice overs. And there's more then one G&W, which all look alike. Plus we don't see the stage until he's unlocked.

Oh, and why is this argument only being used for Nook? I mean, if this holds true, then K.K. Slider and Shy Guy should have the same amount of chance, don't you think? I mean there both in the background and all...

BUT WAIT! This should be used for other characters too! Goroh should be playable now! I mean he is AT, but they could just take him out of there once he's unlocked!

HOLD ON! This should be used for Deoxys too! GENIUS!

OH! And don't get me started with Knuckle Joe!

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Did it ever occur to you that Nintendo, instead of paying licensing fees, offered an appearance of Mario in a SEGA game?

SEGA gets to make a game with Mario.
Nintendo gets to make a game with Sonic.

Even trade.
yeah, but the thing is Mario and Sonic will be garbage, smash will not, so it won't be an even trade XD

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Mwahahaha THe Power of Debug Will Bring ALL of the Assist trophies back to life!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Oh ya and someone from Animal Crossings is obiously gonna be in the game, I mean Duhhhhhhh, Theres a stage and item from aniomal xing.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
BUT WAIT! This should be used for other characters too! Goroh should be playable now! I mean he is AT, but they could just take him out of there once he's unlocked!

HOLD ON! This should be used for Deoxys too! GENIUS!

OH! And don't get me started with Knuckle Joe!
Sakurai San said:
Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that.
You fail at sarcasm.

Really, Tom Nook and K. K. haven't been deconfirmed at all. So what if they appear in the BG? Fox, Falco, Capt. Falcon, and Mr. Game & Watch all appeared in the BG in Melee, often while they themselves were fighting in the foreground. Who says Nook couldn't be in the audience and in the fray at the same time? I'm not saying that he has any better chances or anything, I'm just saying that showing up in the background of a stage doesn't affect his chances one way or the other. Until we have some official news, you should take Nook and K.K. out for now.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Today, another soul has been deconfirmed. Her name was Palutena. When will it end!?

I wasn't that crazy about her. But it would have been nice to see her in action.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
It's funny how some of these sorts of things turn out...

Who'd of guessed Ivysaur would be playable? Squirtle and Charizard fans are sure to be pleased by Aug. 13's update.

And yet... Some disappointments are still to come. But let's not give up hope!

*pays respects to Palutena, even though I prefered the Eggplant Wizard over her*

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Better put Pokemon Trainer in there.

He can't be a playable character!

Hes in the background!

Conker1

Smash Ace
All the Nook supporters need to stop lying to themselves, Nook has been deconfirmed, GET OVER IT.

I hope Mime Jr. becomes a playable character... I don't even think he has enough support to get into this thread if he gets deconfirmed... X___x;;

I want lucario to go into this thread soooo badly... mwahahahahahahaha

Vertiboy

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this has been brought up, but just because K.K. Slider and Tom Nook appear in the background of the Smashville stage, that doesn't mean they still can't be playable. I mean, look at the F-Zero tracks on Melee. Who do you think is piloting the Blue Falcon during those races? Birdo? Anyway, that is proof that just because a character is a part of the stage, that doesn't mean he/she is not playable.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Nook isnt disconfirmed.Will he be a pc? Maybe maybe not.Hasnt anyone heard of the whole tekken thing?

Top Bottom